• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City PC version - DLCs?

Mr Sunshine

The pc version was released a few days ago, so I was wondering if anyone know what will happen with downloadable content tha has already been released for PS3 and Xbox360. Is it already included? If not, are they even gonna release them? Willl extra payment be required? Have anyone heard anything?

The_Green_King

the asshole in me kinda hopes you PC players will have to pay extra for DLC like the rest of us hahaha. seriously though, if they charge you extra at this point then its assured that capcom are souless money loving pricks. i mean i payed $70 for the special edition when it came out and only got half the game, seeing as the game AND its DLC has been out for a couple of months i would at least HOPE they would hook you PC users up for waiting extra time for the game. that would be the cool thing for them to do...

JRfromGermany

@ Green King:

Why did you bought the special edition?

90% of these special editions for video games are pure ripp-off, my friend wasted his money on a MK9 edition, man i can tell you.....he was p***** after he heared that there will be DLCs for the game.

btw.: you need to pay between 40 and 50 €uro for the standard edition (sometimes it is the "censored" german version)......that is also a nice ripp-off......

The_Green_King

cause i pre ordered my copy. i could have either payed $65 to pre order the regular game or $70 for the special edition that would be pre ordered for free, so i chose the latter. it wasnt a bad deal, but they could have at least threw in the spec ops missions. the game wasnt complete at all and thats like borderline fraud.

JRfromGermany

well, maybe i will buy one next month, but only if they give us more infos about the DLC (paying or not paying for it). I already plan to sell my PS3 version to a good buddy. In the PC version i will have atleast better graphics and nice little tools which i like to use (just for fun) since i don't play multiplayer (to less time for the "clans").

sbr999

I'm waiting for the PC version I got from REN competition (aka haven't checked the PC version personally, yet). But relyonhorror says
it's the exact same release as the normal edition of the game for PS3/360. And only the first Spec -ops mission will be free.
link here: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...eration-raccoon-city-is-now-available-for-pc/

There's also sound bugs and fps rate issues. But I'm sure it's a better port than RE4 :p

JRfromGermany

hi folks, stupid question from me, i never bought any DLCs for a PC game.

Is it the same purchasing process like PSNetwork? or it is different? any experience with DLCs for the PC?

sbr999

That works for me even if we have to pay. I mean they never released LiN or DE for RE 5.

Personally I prefer the PC version too: I'm sure there will be fan-made patches for the game and also tons of mods.
Plus the game looks better if you have a decent gaming rig :D

Mr Sunshine

hi folks, stupid question from me, i never bought any DLCs for a PC game.

Is it the same purchasing process like PSNetwork? or it is different? any experience with DLCs for the PC?

I don't have any experience either, because I usually use Steam and any dlc for steam games is free. I suppose that ORC will have games for windows tag on it and everything revolving around that is kind of frustrating.. to my experience at least.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i just want to say that they are special editions for a reason, cause for one; on the day it is released (the special edition at that) no one is able to get the special goodies it goes with it (if anyone just buys the standard edition) (be it special weapons, outfits etc.) and at some point the special goodies will come out at least a month? or so? when anyone can get the special stuff in the special edition of it (if they are willing to buy the DLCs on the game-market place).... and i am talking and pointing out about on a xbox 360 point of view, cause i've bought the standard edition of the game, the xbox 360 version and the game came out like march 20th? and i've bought the game three months after it's release and at least three months on-ward i've bought a special weapon pack that went on the game-market place (on the xbox 360) that were on the special edition of the game.

Top Bottom