• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 PC problems

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
This is meant to be a place to discuss RE6 PC problems in general, so not every little issue needs an own thread.

I'll start with mine: I can't get RE6 started. It's downloaded and installed and it's the 22nd, but whenever I click Play, I only get to see a black screen with that symbol that always appears when the computer is busy. Then I have two options: Stare at the black screen until I fall asleep or use the Task Manager to end the program.

I've tried this with and without administrator rights, before and after linking my RE.net account to Steam, but it always happens. The benchmark test assured me that the game would work on my PC, so it can't be that either. A friend of mine has the same problem and we're running out of patience. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it. I had to update my graphics card driver software. So if what I described ever happens to you too, you know what to do.

sbr999

I noticed lip sync problems on PC.
In the ingame videos when characters are talking the mouth movement is delayed. Anyone encountered this, or any idea how to fix it?
It's weird because the game itself doesn't lag, or anything, just the lip sync is very bad.
(My PC specs: g860 3ghz. 8gb ddr3, nvidia GTX 560; Using Steam Retail/box version of the game)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yes, the mouth movement is delayed in my game too.
And is it normal that when you start Leon's campaign, you have only one energy ball and can't use herbs?

Edit: Chris has only one ball too, but I can use herbs when I play as him.

sbr999

I played roughly one hour so far with Leon's campaign. Only the underground sewer part. But I started the campaign with 1 bar of health too.
As far as I know, your herbs you mix in your inventory (E) are assigned to a quick-slot, which you can use by pressing 1. Will check again tomorrow, so don't quote me on this one. ^^"

So far it's a good/decent game. It's on 40% discount so it was worth the money, but I hope there will be some mod in the future that removes that annoying waypoint indicator without removing the entire HUD.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Could this be a PC-exclusive bug? I've never had to start a game with so little health. But I noticed that if you use the chapter selection menu instead of starting a normal "New Game", you have full health. (And you can access the various sub-chapters of each big chapter before you actually reach them on your first playthrough. :D )

I learned how to use herbs now, it's the way you described it, and I'm also enjoying the game so far, except for a few control issues... What's the matter with that fussy inventory system? First I didn't know how to scroll left and right, and when I finally found out, I still couldn't use my first aid spray because the only available option was "throw away". And enemies kept coming, so I didn't have much time to experiment. Result: I was at the brink of death for about half an hour while the solution was right there, but I didn't know how to make use of it. :confused: I wonder if the inventory is similarly tricky in the console versions.

Also, there's not enough space. I can't even pick up healing items anymore because my inventory is full of ammo and bombs. I hope one of the unlockable skills will be a bigger inventory.

sbr999

Well so far my complaints are that the textures are sometimes really low resolution, especially in small rooms. I might even risk saying that RE5 looked better.

The other problem I have often is the disappearing cursor, whenever I use windows menu button, or alt-tab the game.

vsector

I have a rather hilarious but horrible bug: I can't get past Leon's campaign at the end of chapter 4. Right after the entire medical facility with exploding bots, Leon and company chases down Ada. Then this long cutscene plays. Well, right after that cutscene, Leon dies.

Leon dies.

He just dies for no apparent reason. Every time after the Chris vs. Leon cutscene, Leon just dies. I tried changing the setting from online to offline. No difference. He just dies.

It's kind of hilarious the first 3 times it happened--I mean he just spontaneously dies. But, just imagining my score...

Anyone found a work around?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I had the same problem, but returning to the main menu and then clicking "Continue" helped in my case. You will have to play the part with the exploding robots again, though.

Anyway, I always knew that Leon wouldn't walk away from a fight with Chris alive...

vsector

I had the same problem, but returning to the main menu and then clicking "Continue" helped in my case. You will have to play the part with the exploding robots again, though.

Anyway, I always knew that Leon wouldn't walk away from a fight with Chris alive...

Haha, I tried that. Twice. On different online settings. Didn't work. I also tried restarting the whole game.

Also, I just realized Helena dies too!

Hopefully all the skill points I get from beating that exploding bot room is actually accumulating.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Oh sh!t... Well, I don't have another solution, unfortunately. :( However, the PC version has the useful function (which probably isn't supposed to be there, but was overlooked by the designers) to skip subchapters even if you play the chapter for the first time. Just click Chapter Select => Leon => Chapter 4, and then choose the next one (although I don't know which one it is, either Medical Research Center or Train, I believe). That way you miss a part of the game, but it's better than being stuck until a patch comes out. I had to do this too in the fifth chapter because the game wouldn't load the scene after Leon and Helena's elevator ride.

vsector

Oh sh!t... Well, I don't have another solution, unfortunately. :( However, the PC version has the useful function (which probably isn't supposed to be there, but was overlooked by the designers) to skip subchapters even if you play the chapter for the first time. Just click Chapter Select => Leon => Chapter 4, and then choose the next one (although I don't know which one it is, either Medical Research Center or Train, I believe). That way you miss a part of the game, but it's better than being stuck until a patch comes out. I had to do this too in the fifth chapter because the game wouldn't load the scene after Leon and Helena's elevator ride.

Brilliant!

It's not ideal, but it at least lets me progress.

I've had enough of Leon's slo-mo death scenes to last me this game.

kassaiad

Thank You!

It is really a great help after 2 hours of smashing the keyboard :)

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Could this be a PC-exclusive bug? I've never had to start a game with so little health. But I noticed that if you use the chapter selection menu instead of starting a normal "New Game", you have full health. (And you can access the various sub-chapters of each big chapter before you actually reach them on your first playthrough. :D )

I learned how to use herbs now, it's the way you described it, and I'm also enjoying the game so far, except for a few control issues... What's the matter with that fussy inventory system? First I didn't know how to scroll left and right, and when I finally found out, I still couldn't use my first aid spray because the only available option was "throw away". And enemies kept coming, so I didn't have much time to experiment. Result: I was at the brink of death for about half an hour while the solution was right there, but I didn't know how to make use of it. :confused: I wonder if the inventory is similarly tricky in the console versions.

Also, there's not enough space. I can't even pick up healing items anymore because my inventory is full of ammo and bombs. I hope one of the unlockable skills will be a bigger inventory.

I hope you don't mind me commenting, as I'm not a PC user, but having played the PS3 version I can vouch for the inventory system being just as tricky across the board. Once you get used to it, I find it actually much easier to use than RE5, but the learning curve left me throwing away First Aid Sprays left and right as well.
And I agree, it's tiny. In some campaigns, if you've gotten all of the weapons, you will not be able to carry all types of ammo for them and still be able to pick up healing items, so it's all about sacrifice. I think that it was Capcom's way of adding more of a "survival" element back in. Even in Mercenaries with certain loadouts I'm dropping stuff to pick up what I really need.

I think the one bar health must be a PC exclusive bug. Maybe something to do with the No Mercy mode? If you die and continue in most modes however, you start from the checkpoint with full health, which is why maybe using the chapter select overrides it. The subchapter select wasn't added until the game had already been released, so they probably overlooked that it allows you to skip parts.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I hope you don't mind me commenting, as I'm not a PC user.

Not at all! To the contrary. My comment on the inventory was more or less a disguised question for console gamers.

Yes, the problem with not being able to carry all types of ammo and the other stuff at the same time occured to me a lot. Then there's the fact that the herb case usually doesn't have space for more than twelve pills, so once it's full, you need to use some of them before you can turn any more herbs into pills. Fortunately, though, several first aid sprays only take up one inventory slot.
I tend to get rid of the grenades first because I don't use them anyway, and after that, the sniper rifle ammo. But now that I've bought the infinite machine gun skill (and still have points left to buy other infinite ammo skills, I'm just not sure yet which ones), there's another kind of ammo I can throw away in the future.

As for the health, I can now confirm that this happens in all campaigns, and not only at the beginning. When I reached the fifth chapter of Chris's campaign, I had only one health bar left although there should have been more. If I had been playing as Chris, I would have assumed that it had something to do with the helicopter taking damage at the end of Chapter 4, but since I was playing as Piers, I think it's that old bug again.

Jeece

Hello everyone, i have a bit of a problem, i have bought the retail version of Resident Evil 6, it runs smoothly on my great PC, i use Windows Se7en by the way. But, i have a problem :/ A serious one. I started Leon's Campaign and i have encountered no problems until the Chapter five, right after fighting the dinosaur like Simmons, when i get to the elevator and the sequence plays, right after Leon and Helena jump to the other Elevator, another loading screen comes and tells me Please wait. But i have waited for so long... It still doesn't want to by pass it. So guys is there anything i could do please ? Thank you.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I had the same problem and already posted the solution here, so I'll quote myself:

The PC version has the useful function (which probably isn't supposed to be there, but was overlooked by the designers) to skip subchapters even if you play the chapter for the first time. Just click Chapter Select => Leon => Chapter 4, and then choose the next one (although I don't know which one it is, either Medical Research Center or Train, I believe). That way you miss a part of the game, but it's better than being stuck until a patch comes out. I had to do this too in the fifth chapter because the game wouldn't load the scene after Leon and Helena's elevator ride.

I was told that it has to do with the crossover of Leon and Ada's campaigns at that point; the game will automatically look for another player to take on the role of Ada, even if you're playing offline, and then keep loading forever because it won't find one. There doesn't seem to be a way to play this section so far (unless you're playing online, I suppose), so just skip it until a patch comes out.

Interestingly, this didn't happen to me when I played the same section with Ada.

sbr999

What 'region' version of the game are you guys playing? (Mine is EU/RU)
Just asking because I haven't encountered any of those errors mentioned above.

OldMan

A patch went live just now, fixing many of the bugs people were having.
Since the release my game was fine, now after that "patch" I have constantly 2 seconds lagspikes, making it unplayable. Great stuff, was liking this game, now 30€ wasted.

kenji7913

When i started the game, a black screen appeared in my monitor and i have to wait for a moment, then the game start. The game run properly ,except no sound! I had checked the audio setting and it's on 100%. My speaker is ok but the game runs without audio. Also i can't quit the game. Is it a tutorial session at the beginning of the game? I can't find the campaigns and so on. Please advice.

Top Bottom