• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PC Hardware Thread

Ikawaru

Since Capcom did announce that they want to make RE a more PC-centric franchise going forward and the fact that Intel has now gotten into the GPU business and it's an interesting time going forward for tech in general, I think a thread on the comings and goings of gaming hardware might yield an interesting discussion.

Personally, I am excited for Intel's new Arc GPU's. Despite a rough start with DX11 and DX9 compatibility, it's looking like a Intel's Arc770 can compete with a RTX 3060 (Not bad for a 1st generation flagship card!).

Current Gen consoles use AMD hardware, which I never really cared for, so it'll be exciting to have my next laptop be an exclusively Intel affair (CPU and GPU) and will probably wait for their second generation cards to launch (Codenamed 'Battlemage') in 2023 or 2024, provided they work out their backwards compatibility issues and get a hang of updating drivers for GPU's, something they've admitted that they're still shaky on.

Ikawaru

Not a bad start but they really need to get their drivers out ASAP, especially for DX11, DX9, and 1080p. Absolutely destroys AMD in Ray Tracing performance, and the AMD fans will be butthurt :). The 'Control' Ray Tracing benchmarks made me chuckle.

Ikawaru

Nvidias new lineup. I especially like how it's called 'Ada'. For anyone considering switching to PC gaming, I would go with one of these.

They are many times better than current Gen console hardware and you should not have to upgrade for many many years. I'd say you could possibly get almost a decade out of them.

You have to know what kind of screen you're gaming on though and which card is most compatible with it. I'm lucky because I'm one of the few people living in the western hemisphere who likes small screens with high refresh rates so 4060 TI should serve me well.

Most people want 4k though so you may have to settle with a 4080 or at the bare mminimum you may be able to get by with a 4070 but would require some tweaking and good usage of DLSS upscaling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom