• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Zero Partner System

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Hey, I just wanted to know if anyone else liked the partner system RE0 had and wished it was implemented in RE5 and RE6.

I thought that the partner system was done perfectly. You only really needed your partner to solve puzzles and occasionally help with a boss. And the partner had very limited AI, so it didn't get in your way very often. And plus you could decide whether or not you wanted your partner to follow you, to shoot, etc.

Now I know online multiplier is the big thing these days, but I think it would have been better if RE5 and RE6 had this partner system when playing offline, as I do (I'm not that interested in playing online coop)

Sorry if I'm rambling. That's just what I think and why RE0 is one of my top favorite RE games.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Hey, I just wanted to know if anyone else liked the partner system RE0 had and wished it was implemented in RE5 and RE6.

I thought that the partner system was done perfectly. You only really needed your partner to solve puzzles and occasionally help with a boss. And the partner had very limited AI, so it didn't get in your way very often. And plus you could decide whether or not you wanted your partner to follow you, to shoot, etc.

Now I know online multiplier is the big thing these days, but I think it would have been better if RE5 and RE6 had this partner system when playing offline, as I do (I'm not that interested in playing online coop)

Sorry if I'm rambling. That's just what I think and why RE0 is one of my top favorite RE games.

Re5 Yes
Re6-No

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It was nice for RE0. I hate how much you had to rely on Sheva in RE5, she was just plain annoying.

That's why the Outbreaks were nice, you had partners, but they each just kinda ran around shouting random things. "Hi!", "Go to hell!", etc. It's true, George is that first quote and Alyssa is the 2nd.

In RE0, I noticed that if you were playing as Becca and had Billy following you, he would shoot enemies if they were around, while if you playing Billy, she wouldn't even shoot unless you did. Which is something to take into consideration as far as strategy goes. What you want your partner to do, etc. I guess RE6 has some good options for commands, sorta.

I hate getting knocked down with no health, having to wait on your partner in RE6, as they always take forever to get to me.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
It was nice for RE0. I hate how much you had to rely on Sheva in RE5, she was just plain annoying.

That's why the Outbreaks were nice, you had partners, but they each just kinda ran around shouting random things. "Hi!", "Go to hell!", etc. It's true, George is that first quote and Alyssa is the 2nd.

In RE0, I noticed that if you were playing as Becca and had Billy following you, he would shoot enemies if they were around, while if you playing Billy, she wouldn't even shoot unless you did. Which is something to take into consideration as far as strategy goes. What you want your partner to do, etc. I guess RE6 has some good options for commands, sorta.

I hate getting knocked down with no health, having to wait on your partner in RE6, as they always take forever to get to me.
@bolded, I didn't have the same experience. There were times when Billy's A.I was completely oblivious, other times he was a godsend. Then again I can say the same thing about Rebecca when I was Billy. Sometimes she helped, other times she didn't. Her A.I was no better or worse then his. In fact if what you are saying is true (I wouldn't exactly know because I played as Rebecca whenever I could), this should have been more incentive for the players to make Billy the A.I partner. Honestly, it was better when he was because it made things a lot easier, but that's just me.

Top Bottom