• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised original vs remastared

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm wrong then :) I'll probably try the older version then. Thanks.

I'm just confused, that's all. The easiest way you can play RE1 is on PS1 and PSN or if you're lucky enough to find a copy, PC. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to use a GamePad.

PierreLeSang

I'm just confused, that's all. The easiest way you can play RE1 is on PS1 and PSN or if you're lucky enough to find a copy, PC. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to use a GamePad.

PS is not an option, only PC... Idk i just figured that it's such an old game so it won't support the new gamepad and i think i'll have troubles with that game on Win7 x64 like i had last time (few years ago when i tried to play it).

brendankeogh

I love the original resident evil, its so charming and it is still pretty playable. The remake is a masterpiece, Lisa Trevor is a terrifying creature.

Masterteo89_

Am I the only one that after completing both Chris and Jill's remastered scenarios. Wants to go back and play the corney bad graphics original

Nah, you are not the only one. Mee too. Well, i like both of them to tell the truth.

Only thing i did not like was the remake of the Mansion in some places.

1- i liked the original room where you fought the giant snake for the last time.

2- The " library " is nice, but i prefer the original design of the library that had also a small room in which you could see the elipad

3- Somehow the area of the kitchen and such was a bit scarier in the original version of PSX

Shocker

The remake is the better game but I like the original more, in fact sometimes I think I like it most (non-dual Shock version). Choosing between the first 3 is difficult.

Last edited:

Agent Spike

I love RE 1 and the Director's Cut because I grew up playing them but the remake is hands down the best. I can just play it over and over again.

black 93

The remake is the better game, i don't really see how anyone can argue with that other than nostalgia. It's longer, harder and looks a million times better. It's basically just the original but better. That said, the original will always have a special places in gamers hearts. The b movie tone, the hilarious dialouge and it was the game that started it all. To me their both amazing, and i do have more fun with the original, but if you're looking at quality and game mechanics the remake is undeniably the better game.

I like the original the most actually. However I would suggest if you're new to the series to get the remake instead. I think the original is only for either the people who played it when it was new or the really hardcore fans. For me it's more fun to pick up and play and I really like the classic feel for that game. Remake is excellent too.

Top Bottom