• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised original vs remastared

floydoss

Am I the only one that after completing both Chris and Jill's remastered scenarios. Wants to go back and play the corney bad graphics original

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yes, haha. But seriously, the original is always going to have that special, nostalgic feel to it but, at the same time, I don't feel like I'm missing anything when I'm playing the remake over the original.
Except those live-action intros/endings. Love those!:love:
They managed new additions quite nicely while still incorporating, and perfecting, original elements.

floydoss

Oh they did it amazing. I just miss the corney Barry lines, u should take this lock pick Jill since you are the master of unlocking. Ah ha and u were almost a Jill samwich

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Barry's corny lines are still there; just reworded a bit. My all-time favorite is: "What is this?" One thing I didn't like about the remake is that some of Wesker's lines are a bit weird. Like he pauses at the most awkward moments.

"I'll investigate this area...a little further."

o_O Wesker why you talk so funny?

doomzgaming

DoOmzGaminG
Lol I am currently playing the Director's Cut Arrange mode with Chris for my followers on Youtube. I'm the oposite of you as I want to play the remake hows the cut scene in the remake ?

floydoss

oh cut scenes and gameplay are amazing however. they did change the puzzles slightly and the mansion layout has changed only a tiny bit lol. not enough to ruin the mansion but enouugh to throw off seasoned resident evil vetrens lol got me by surprise

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
All I know is he sounds stupid when he pauses in the middle of sentences like that. And Rebecca sounds in love with Chris over half the time.
Yeah, Chris's campaign and I have gotten close since last Wednesday, haha.

doomzgaming

DoOmzGaminG
All I know is he sounds stupid when he pauses in the middle of sentences like that. And Rebecca sounds in love with Chris over half the time.
Yeah, Chris's campaign and I have gotten close since last Wednesday, haha.
Hahahah 100% agree it's like the scene with Enrico in Re 1.... Played it last night. it was like Chris has a loading time between each sentence... Or Words. I will post the words later on cuz that ilarious

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Funny how Resident Evil: Director's Cut isn't a director's cut.

That would be Biohazard on Sega Saturn. Uncut and full-colour intro, everything's in English already, new and exclusive monsters, slightly better character models, and a battle mode that predates RE3's Mercenaries.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Ticks

agentcell

Am I the only one that after completing both Chris and Jill's remastered scenarios. Wants to go back and play the corney bad graphics original

It would've been interesting if they had added the "original" game as a bonus if you beat the game under a certain amount of hours.

PierreLeSang

I'd play the original first. It's where the series started, after all.

I'm not that into graphics in games and they weren't once the problem for me, but this time they seem to throw me away and i'm also not very happy with that keyboard playing stuff... I don't think that the old verison supports a modern gamepad or does it ?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I'm more of a fan of the remake. Lisa Trevor and her backstory were really interesting. The crimson heads were fantastic enemies (I hope they come back for REmake 2).

Top Bottom