• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Original Resident Evil Trilogy PC ports on GOG

WeskerLives2015

The PC ports of RE1 and RE2 are available to buy on GOG right now! 3 is coming on September 25th! I picked up the bundle. I never got to play the PC ports of these titles so I've been having a great time with it so far. Anyone here picked it up? Let me know!

Trilogy Article

Store page
d6bed57ed55e5e4a4e77360258f885759374fa42361856ce891ae7ef1477ff31.jpg

Last edited:

Ikawaru

This is fantastic news indeed. It was like a jungle trying to get these in a functional state. Now they are right here.

Am too lazy to research as I type this on my phone. Does anyone know the changes made to these? Specifically interested in framerate and resolution improvements. Extra features like game modes and unlocks are fine and all but they cannot damage the core gameplay experience from the originals or it will venture into "Remake" territory and out of "Remaster".

WeskerLives2015

This is fantastic news indeed. It was like a jungle trying to get these in a functional state. Now they are right here.

Am too lazy to research as I type this on my phone. Does anyone know the changes made to these? Specifically interested in framerate and resolution improvements. Extra features like game modes and unlocks are fine and all but they cannot damage the core gameplay experience from the originals or it will venture into "Remake" territory and out of "Remaster".
Copy and pasted these from the GOG listing pages:

Resident Evil 1 GOG features:
  • Full compatibility with Windows 10 and Windows 11.
  • All 4 localizations of the game included (English, German, French, Japanese).
  • Improved DirectX game renderer.
  • New rendering options (Windowed Mode, Vertical Synchronization Control, Gamma Correction, Integer Scaling, Anti-Aliasing and more).
  • Improved timing of the cutscenes.
  • Improved game video player.
  • Improved game registry settings.
  • Issue-free game exit and task switching.
  • Full support for modern controllers (Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock4, Microsoft Xbox Series, Microsoft Xbox One, Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, Logitech F series and many more) with optimal button binding regardless of the hardware and wireless mode.

Resident Evil 2 GOG features:

• 6 localizations of the game included (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese).
  • New rendering options (Windowed Mode, Vertical Synchronization Control, Gamma Correction, Integer Scaling and more).
  • Improved audio volume and panning.
  • Improved cutscenes and subtitles.
  • Improved savegame manager.
  • Improved game video player.
  • Issue-less game exit.
  • Improved game registry settings.
  • Improved key-binding settings and audio settings screens.
  • Improved end credits in the German version.
  • Fixed issues with Rooms 114 and 115 (missing text), Room 210 (invisible diary), and Room 409 (looping sound).
  • Full support for modern controllers (Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock4, Microsoft Xbox Series, Microsoft Xbox One, Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, Logitech F series and many more) with optimal button binding regardless of the hardware and wireless mode.
  • 4th Survivor and Tofu modes enabled from the very beginning.
Resident Evil 3 GOG features:

• 6 localizations of the game included (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese).
  • Mercenaries Mode included.
  • New rendering options (Windowed Mode, Vertical Synchronization Control, Gamma Correction, Integer Scaling and more).
  • Improved graphics engine initialization and restart.
  • Improved video subtitles.
  • Improved options dialog.
  • Issue-less task switching.
  • Improved mouse cursor visibility.

Also RE1 has the uncensored opening!

Top Bottom