• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Opinions on a Resident Evil 2 REmake

Would you buy a Resident Evil 2 REmake?

• Total voters

Cyberote

Thank-you, I appreciate the support. It'll be static camera angles, and I'll do my absolute best to make it possible. I was actually thinking about bringing some areas from RE-1.5 back as well. I've seen some of the rooms, and they seemed to have gotten some very interesting concepts. Most of which, I'd like to implement into the game. IF I get any progress anytime soon, I'll edit this post and add a picture of a pre-rendered scene. Until then, you'll just have to be patient ;)

Anyway, I apologize if my rebuttal came out a little harsh, I was just testing the waters. You never know who'll explode on you on the internet. What makes it better is that you have proper grammar. SO, I immediately like you :D
I eagerly await screenshots. Will you be making your own models or ripping them from previous RE titles?

And people HAVE called me a grammar nazi before, so yeah :D

Altalic77

I eagerly await screenshots. Will you be making your own models or ripping them from previous RE titles?

I'm glad have support. Anyways, I'll probably make slight differences. Although, I won't delve away from the story/characters too much. They'll probably be cosmetic changes. Like a cop with a cap and brown hair, and similar background as Leon with a number of differences. A slim woman with blonde hair who is looking for her sister. Or, I'll even swap them. A woman cop, and a man looking for his sister.

ThrashKommand

I'd love to see a remake of this using the same camera angle technique. I'd love to see this series return to its roots. Back when the games were suspensful, terror, atmospheric... now it's just turning into another generic, Call of Duty-type action series...

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
If they remade RE2 for the PS3 like they remade RE1 for the gamecube it would be the best selling Resident Evil game of all time. If they had any brains at Capcom they would stop concentrating on making RE games for Nintendo systems like the Wii and DS and start focusing on living up to the games they created on the Gamecube and Playstation.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Maybe they will remake it in 2018, 20 year anniversary.. that would be cool. We would have to wait awhile though. lol

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Ah, January 21st 1998... The video game "Resident Evil 2" was released for the PlayStation. At the time, it had cutting-edge graphics, a great storyline, wonderful voice-acting (as opposed to its predecessor), and had a re-playability unmatched by most. I remember playing this game younger, and I recall the nostalgic moments I had as I evaded Mr. X, and navigated the tedious halls of the Raccoon City Police Department. That game is (still to this day) one of the scariest/greatest video games I have ever played!​

I recently picked up this game over the PlayStation Network for ten bucks. It had been quite a while since the last time I had played, so I was naturally a bit rusty. It was just as great as the last time around. I felt like I was visiting my youth when I was terrified by a Licker crashing through a window. Or perhaps a bit paranoid since I knew what was coming, but I didn't want to get scared. I'm proud to say that nostalgia didn't cloud my judgement on this one.​

It really makes me desire a REmake. Being an avid fan of the Resident Evil franchise, I've enjoyed every game. Although, the more recent ones have really deviated from their original games. Such core game-play, and atmospheric attributes of the previous games have been almost completely scrapped. I really detest this change. I don't mind change, as change can bring about great things; but, it can also lead to horrible things. Not to say Resident Evil 4 & 5 are "horrible" games per-se, they're simply attempting to appeal to another audience. Now, to the players who've been around since Resident Evil 1 (such as myself), it kinda felt like a jab at us.​

Anyway, let's return to the topic at hand. Would you pay sixty dollars for a Resident Evil 2 REmake? Usually people tend to feel as though great games shouldn't be remade, but I disagree. Capcom seemed to handle Resident Evil 1's REmake very well adding additional areas, new creatures, extra background information on the story, and even going as far as altering some puzzle solutions to throw us veteran players off. Also, what added to Resident Evil 2's re-playability was the option to play as both Claire and Leon.​

***I won't talk about Hunk or Tofu. Tofu was basically a silly parody, and Hunk was just one thing. Claire/Leon were the bulk of the video game, so I'll give that the most attention.

As I'm sure most of you know, when you played through one character's storyline, you had the option of switching over to the opposing character's these different experiences were referred to as the "scenarios". Now, which one you played was determined on the previous game's scenario. The default scenario is Scenario A. Once you complete scenario A, you have the option of playing as the other protagonist. The twist is that everything you did in your previous play-through has an effect on their struggles to survive. It literally encouraged you to replay the game, and you wouldn't be disappointed. There were monster differences, dialogue differences, different areas were opened to exploration, and etc. On top of that, if you met certain requirements upon game completion you unlocked two more additional scenarios, infinite ammo, or brand-new weapons.​

Now, imagine all that coupled onto two disks, and given the "REmake" treatment. How do you suppose it would go? Would you be willing to pay sixty dollars for it? I know I would!​
10 bucks? u got ripped off. I got mine for 6 bucks on psn. and yes an re 2 remake would be awesome.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
2016...The original Resident Evil came out in 1996...But the thought of a twenty year aniversarry thing is GREAT!
I was talking about an RE2 20 year anniversary since RE2 came out in 1998. It would be cool to see another RE remake.. lol.. Im up for it, why not

v for valentine

They should remake Resident Evil 2, but keep it exactly the way it is! We all love it for a reason, just the way it is. So, newer graphics would make that game my new favorite. Dream big! ;)

B.Martin

I would play a REmake of RE2. However, it would be a difficult thing for copcam to do. Perhaps the best option would be to use the original game, update the visuals and some sound effects, add a few new areas, enounters, cut scenes etc and maybe change a few of the puzzles around or add the odd new twist and turn in the game.

B.Martin

It 'makes' so much sence, i mean i loved outbreak for the RE2 feel with PS2 Graphics. Imagine RE2 on PS3 i mean it would be truely awesome - however they do need to add the quick 180 spin to a REmake 2 :p

Darkstar Darin

Wesker's secret project. D-Virus.
oh yeah...because capcom only cares to make money from one console, regardless what you you think if you had a game company you would want maximise your profits then you will want make games for all console to get the most out of your games.

So please stop with the consoles hate i hate this crapy console war crap all consoles have there streanths and flaws and i had them all so i can compare.
whoa...i really haven't been here in a while...
i don't hate consoles (anymore, despite what i say), i was just EXTREMELY biased at the time, now i really don't care what game is on what system (except things like Halo bein on PS3 or God of War bein on Xbox 360, that's a recipe for fanboy rage) UNLESS i hear that DMC is on a Nintendo console...dats a whole 'nother (so dats how dat sounds...gawd...) system

Top Bottom