• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Omigosh, like, it takes FOREVER to post!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Server error messages. You getting them? Me too. And they are annoying. And we don't know what's causing them. And they are affecting all our forums from time to time.

But to avoid making multiple posts in a thread - or even multiple threads of the same thing - try the following steps to ensure you don't wind up getting reported by someone with a stick up their backside over the rules:

Click "post" or "create" once and then wait. Even if you get the "server did not respond in time" message, it usually has logged your message but takes a little bit to show it. One way to check is to either reload the page or hit up the main forum page and try the thread again. It's very likely you'll see your post there and won't need to try again.

If your post does not appear after, say, 5 minutes then feel free to try again - every post is time-stamped so staff can tell whether you've button mashed the hell out of your mouse or whether you've tried waiting first ;)

If the site is just being so mega slow you could have built your own internet by the time it loads, try closing your browser and re-opening it or trying a different browser altogether. Clearing caches, cookies and other edible items may help as well.

Overall, there's not a lot we can do except nag our hosts about server response issues - so if you don't mind, it would really help to try and adopt the above approaches where possible and see if that helps in the interim.

Also, please PM me if anyone has any site issues in general - I won't know about them if you don't tell me and I can't pass on messages to Steve if you don't send them in the first place. Most things can be fixed really quickly but we do need to be told. Or in Steve's case, told again and again and again and again. Usually in icing on a cake. That works.

OK BAI!

garethwild

You think you've got it bad, I just tried to post a picture in the funny pictures thread and got denied for being a noob :(

garethwild

It said that I was unable to post external links until I had 10 posts, I guess this includes pictures.

However I just tested one and it seemed to let it through.

TEST

BBC-test-card-F-featuring-008.jpg

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Am I the only one who thinks it has gotten worse?
I already noticed the above-mentioned issues during my first weeks on the forum, but since it only happened sometimes, it didn't bother me. Nowadays it happens like every second time I try to post something, and every single time I try to edit a post. (... which is even worse; edits have to be done quickly before someone cites the old version with the spelling error. :oops: )

At first I thought it was because of my PC or internet connection, but I tried it on at least three different computers in three different places and it's always the same. Not only that posts don't appear (in some cases not even after refreshing the page), but sometimes, especially in the morning, I don't even get to the forum; instead I end up on a site that tells me I misspelled the link or something (which is nonsense because the link is saved in my favourites and I click it every time I want to come here).

This has to be my favourite forum out of all I've ever visited, but it's also the only one with these problems. Angel said not much could be done about it, but that was five months ago... Any news in the meantime? :confused:

Top Bottom