• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Official Resident Evil 2 Tribute/REmake Thread

Altalic77

Edited the team, working our way through as I type this. It's a bit slow. Douglas isn't god's gift to code, so we're stilling looking for a proper programmer. Unreal Kismet should be sufficient enough for the fixed camera angles. We're working on a tech demo now. When completed, we shall post it here. Please stay updated, as I shall update weekly.

Jeff

Edited the team, working our way through as I type this. It's a bit slow. Douglas isn't god's gift to code, so we're stilling looking for a proper programmer. Unreal Kismet should be sufficient enough for the fixed camera angles. We're working on a tech demo now. When completed, we shall post it here. Please stay updated, as I shall update weekly.

This looks freaking amazing. Omg I'm filled with excitement after stumbling into this. I love the older resident evils so much...the amazing puzzles were the best and the pre-rendered backgrounds were awesome. I loved how the camera angles always changed. Simply were amazing as this does too.

When do you plan on finishing this beast of a game and releasing it to play. And what platforms will it be made for ?

Altalic77

This looks freaking amazing. Omg I'm filled with excitement after stumbling into this. I love the older resident evils so much...the amazing puzzles were the best and the pre-rendered backgrounds were awesome. I loved how the camera angles always changed. Simply were amazing as this does too.

When do you plan on finishing this beast of a game and releasing it to play. And what platforms will it be made for ?

As of right now; not much work is currently being done. Due to the holiday season and all, it's a bit hard to accomplish much at all. As we progress through the months, work flow shall increase, and we'll become much more fuel-efficient. I give this game maybe six months? It seems long, but I intend on releasing it with the main storyline. I want to include the side missions, and other new things later on in the development cycle. So basically, those that bought the game will receive free DLC.

Jeff

As of right now; not much work is currently being done. Due to the holiday season and all, it's a bit hard to accomplish much at all. As we progress through the months, work flow shall increase, and we'll become much more fuel-efficient. I give this game maybe six months? It seems long, but I intend on releasing it with the main storyline. I want to include the side missions, and other new things later on in the development cycle. So basically, those that bought the game will receive free DLC.

Wow to be honest I was expecting years or at the very least a year until it was completed. That is very ambitious. Well I for one can't wait man. You already have my money in your pocket guaranteed. Are you making this for PC, 360, or PS3 or for all platforms? Happy Christmas Eve.

Altalic77

Wow to be honest I was expecting years or at the very least a year until it was completed. That is very ambitious. Well I for one can't wait man. You already have my money in your pocket guaranteed. Are you making this for PC, 360, or PS3 or for all platforms? Happy Christmas Eve.

PC is the easiest to code for, whereas the PS3 is the most difficult. While I love the PS3, it may never see a release on it unless we get a nice set of programmers. Until that occurs, a PS3 release is far more ambitious than six months.

Jeff

PC is the easiest to code for, whereas the PS3 is the most difficult. While I love the PS3, it may never see a release on it unless we get a nice set of programmers. Until that occurs, a PS3 release is far more ambitious than six months.

This is what I like to hear. Ok I'm sorry I'm nagging you lol but just a couple more questions and I will let you go on your way to make this great game. I'm running 2600k and crossfire 6970s. Will this game utilize direct x11 and also will the game support multiple GPUS and multi core CPUS. I know you said your using unreal engine so I know it has lots of potential and was just trying to get a feel for the game. Sorry I'm done bugging you now hehe

Jeff

Please stay updated, as I shall update weekly.

Hi Altalic, I was just wondering if there are any updates on the status of this game yet. And hoping that your still shooting to release the game in about four to six months. Any news? I'm hoping you haven't stopped progress of the game :'(

Altalic77

Hi Altalic, I was just wondering if there are any updates on the status of this game yet. And hoping that your still shooting to release the game in about four to six months. Any news? I'm hoping you haven't stopped progress of the game :'(

Hey Jeff, nice to hear from you. It appears as though, I've lost contact with some members. Work & School have impeded their progress to the point of stopping. I'll continue the project on my own; however, the progression shall be severely slowed. Sorry Bro :/

Jeff

Hey Jeff, nice to hear from you. It appears as though, I've lost contact with some members. Work & School have impeded their progress to the point of stopping. I'll continue the project on my own; however, the progression shall be severely slowed. Sorry Bro :/

Awe man, that's a shame and sorry to hear that. I bet your more bummed out than the rest of us. It's people as yourself that gives hope to others in such a greedy world. Everything is driven by greed which is ashame. Just like capcoms new resident evil 6. It looks just like resident evil 4 & 5 which is lame since they talked about bringing back the survivor horror aspect. Capcom is just trying to make the most money and I guess they think their new RE6 will appease to the larger crowd. They could still make money off an older style resident evil but apparently they think not as much as a "run around shoot everything that moves" game. What I don't understand is why they don't make two games, one based off classic RE and the other like the crappy game RE 6 will be like....

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Hello readers! You may remember me from a while back, I said I would take it upon myself to create a new Resident Evil with enhanced graphics, and make it a treat to the old veteran players.

I've been in the game creation industry for about three years, and an associate and I (another avid Resident Evil Fan) decided we got together to create another Resident Evil. We've decided to call it "REborn" instead. The capitalized "R" & "E" ostensibly refer to Resident Evil. Anyway, we're not going to make a REmake out right. Why? Because I like what little luxury I have, and would rather not get sued. I also want to make it clear; I do not believe my game will be any better or even be on the same level of greatness RE2 was. This is possibly due to my own "humble" attitude (especially when talking about RE2, you know, God's Gift to gamers). I also cannot use any of the old music, or old monsters. While I intend on making similar monsters, that have similar characteristics, I don't think it'd ever be the same.

Also, I want this to be a message to not only the gamer masses, but Capcom. This genre, and game-play, of survival horror isn't completely dead. I love RE2, and even though my game may never come close to what you guys did, I'm going to do my absolute best. I am passionate to make this game, as I am very disappointed in you Capcom. Very disappointed... To the gamer masses, please, at least, try this game. I know you're use to the old cliche "pop n' scare" tactic that is frequently employed by the modern day developers, please take a moment and think about where Survival Horror was revolutionized. I want to make this game a tribute. A special tribute to not only the veteran players, but to the Old Capcom.

In addition, we're going to be working on this every day, and have meetings on Sundays to calculate what we've accomplished throughout the week. Whenever something is completed, it will be posted on here. We hope to get a tech demo out in about five-seven weeks from next week, so please, be paitient.

We're going to be using the Unreal Development Kit (Which, for those of you who DON'T know it's the same engine that was used to create Bioshock, the Gears of War series, and Borderlands.). We're also going to attempt a release of this on PSN, XBLA, and (of course) PC. While a price hasn't been decided on; the price will never surpass twenty dollars, so your wallets may rest in peace.

In conclusion, this game is going to have the atmosphere, game-play, camera-angles, creepy enemies, self-destruction, ridiculous puzzles, and crummy voice-acting of the first Resident Evil. We're also going to do our best and have six different campaigns.

Basically like this:

Man A
Man B
Woman C
Woman D
Time Constraint Escape A
Time Constraint Escape B
--------------------------------------

Although, it's going to be influenced just about the same. Man A will effect Woman D, and so and so forth; however, this time the campaigns aren't going to be copy and paste. For example, Leon A was the same as Claire A. While there were some differences & discrepancies, we're going to strive for something much different. We're currently recruiting, and will begin our official first step toward tech demo next Monday.

P.S. To inform some of you, Tech Demo is ( I repeat ) just a test of the basic game-play mechanics. Don't expect anything good looking. As a matter of fact, the only real detail you'll see will probably be in the character themselves.

So please, spread the word, and help us reach our goal. We're recruiting now, and we'll do our best to reach our maximum goal by next week Monday. So, if you can (or better yet, have any skills to offer), let me know!

Open Positions:

Modeler => Ryan Chanlatte
Modeler => Jacob Cooper
Modeler => Douglas Adriano
Animator => N/A
Animator => N/A
Texture Artist => N/A
Programmer => Douglas Adriano
Programmer => N/A
Programmer => N/A
Concept Artist => Jacob Cooper

While the above is more of a dream team of sorts, we can do fine with smaller sections. As one adroit programmer, would be considerably better than three mediocre ones.

Help me get this project rolling!
Anyone want to sign the petition?
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/resi2remake

Top Bottom