• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised note on difficulty

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I was trying to do the trophy and challenge to get the samurai edge.
I have not got it even though I finished under five hours.
The reason being is as follows I assume:

When you start and you get three options
Something like:
1. I like to climb mountains
2. I like jogging
3. I like walking

The top option is normal difficulty

These are not what I thought:
1. Hard
2. Normal
3. Easy
These are actually
1. normal
2. Easy
3. Very easy

Not Very clear, and a bit unusual since when you complete it once you can press "once more" which actually list the four difficulties
1. Hard
2. Normal
3. Easy
4. Very easy

This has caught me out a few times now and I thought it was a glitch before but turns out it was just misleading options

Last edited:

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
it make sense bro even when i read it i know it by difficulties of how to do it like walking easy jogging normal and mountain not that easy i assume its very hard mode when i do it in real life though!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
it make sense bro even when i read it i know it by difficulties of how to do it like walking easy jogging normal and mountain not that easy i assume its very hard mode when i do it in real life though!
They really should have written the difficulties next to it though.
It isn't clear by those three phrases.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
They really should have written the difficulties next to it though.
It isn't clear by those three phrases.

well pencil neck it seems your english is your secend one eh? well language or not as gamer words like that means be carefull bro for real dont push untle you think about it twice....wisdome ":) gameing rule to me

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
What do the options say exactly? Because I don't remember the exact wording, but I'm pretty sure it's easy to figure out which one is harder than the other. I thought it was an interesting way to hide the typical "easy, normal, hard" settings, although in some games they just do "normal and hard" which sometimes means "hard and impossible" or "easy and normal."

At any rate, I think games should have one difficulty to start and then open up more after your finish.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
What do the options say exactly? Because I don't remember the exact wording, but I'm pretty sure it's easy to figure out which one is harder than the other. I thought it was an interesting way to hide the typical "easy, normal, hard" settings, although in some games they just do "normal and hard" which sometimes means "hard and impossible" or "easy and normal."

At any rate, I think games should have one difficulty to start and then open up more after your finish.
Thats my point exactly.
It ISNT
hard
Normal
Easy

Its actually
Normal
Easy
Very easy

You would expect the middle option like most games to be normal difficulty

AdaWait

Well in that case it doesn't matter what the options are called, when you have two or three or four options, all you have to do is figure out if it goes Hardest to Easiest or the opposite.

When you have:

Normal
Easy
Very Easy

it really becomes:

Hard
Normal
Easy

The difficulty is just relative to the other options, right? The only difficulty would be deciding if for two option difficulties, which one is normal which is why I think especially for two option games, you start off with one and then get the harder option when you finish. I think RE4 did this with the Professional difficulty.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I had this exact same problem! I thought I was playing the game on normal and so I was disappointed when I qualified for unlockable time constraints at the end of the game and I didn't get any unlockables. Turns out I was playing on Easy instead of Normal because the difficulties didn't start at Easy but Very Easy. It was a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest and I wasn't happy to learn I had to go through the game again under the same time constraints to unlock the goodies.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I had this exact same problem! I thought I was playing the game on normal and so I was disappointed when I qualified for unlockable time constraints at the end of the game and I didn't get any unlockables. Turns out I was playing on Easy instead of Normal because the difficulties didn't start at Easy but Very Easy. It was a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest and I wasn't happy to learn I had to go through the game again under the same time constraints to unlock the goodies.

At least you could probably just breeze your way through the game again the second time around.

AdaWait

God dammit how do you make it stop sending me e-mails about thread updates and replies?!

AdaWait

Oh **** thanks! I Looked everywhere, but couldn't find the e-mail option. Found how to turn off alerts for the tab, but no e-mail.

Though it was weird that they would have an automatic e-mail notification, but no way to turn it off.

Thanks.

Top Bottom