• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 New Resident Evil 6 Website - Opinions Please?

Chris

Hello everyone! :) I'm Chris. I just joined the forums.

I decided to develop a fansite for Resident Evil 6 as I love the series and am learning about web design. The website is in its very early stages (couple of weeks old) yet but I'd really appreciate it if the Resi fans on here could come and look around it for me and tell me what's right and what's wrong with it.

I'd like to know what people think of the logo (dont think i like it myself!) and any other impressions about the design of the site. Also I'd love to know what kind of content people would be interested in seeing.

There is a forum installed too, but I haven't touched it yet because I don't know how to go about setting it up yet.

The address of the website is http://residentevilsix.net. I'm really looking forward to hearing what people have to say. Thank you!

Edit: By the way, I really like the feel and layout of this forum. Looks much simpler than the phpBB3 that I installed. What platform is it ? :)

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
It's looking good so far. Maybe you could add some resi themed stuff to the background or maybe a banner kinda like the ren site here.

Chris

It's looking good so far. Maybe you could add some resi themed stuff to the background or maybe a banner kinda like the ren site here.
Thanks for taking the time to look blivvy. Yeah your on the ball there.. it is lacking in the "resi themed stuff" department. I've never been a fan of using images for a website background even though it does look well here. I will definitely be doing more work with the header though! Thanks.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I think it looks good so far. I like the dark theme. The banner/logo could maybe look better with some colors, it's a bit boring when everything is dark. :)

Chris

Yes it is a bit boring. I'm wondering would it just be better to go white. It's probably easier to work with and people would probably find it easier to read too. I changed the framework to page width as apposed to full with and turned it white.. I think maybe it would look better than all the grey with a little work.

Check it out and let me know which version ye prefer?

Chris

Looks pretty good, nice work so far and welcome to the RE forums :D
Thanks!

I've been messing around with it a lot since and I think I'm almost happy now with the design. Just a few more tweaks and a lot more content! :)

All I'm missing are visitors.. :(

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Ah it's looking even better now that you got the whole resi theme goin on :)

Top Bottom