• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New member from France

R-Virus

Good morning / evening !

I've been reading this forum for two days, I decided to register to get regularly some news and thoughts about Resident evil. I'll try to participate much, but english is not my native language, but it's a good way to practice it.

So, I'm French, 35, and I live in the sunny French Riviera. " R - Virus " 'cause my first name starts with an R. I'd bet one day they'll come up with an R-virus in a RE sequel. :evil:

I'm a fan of Resident Evil since 1997. I bought RE1 on PS1 a year after its release, and it was really " by accident " to say the least. I was randomly choosing a game at the store and my older brother suggested we take RE because he liked the jacket. And so this is how I've been " contaminated " at the age of 13.

Although I became a fan, my RE games had a messy path. I played RE2 in 1998/99, but then I stopped. Why is that ? Simply because in 2000 the Internet got into my home and I had so much to discover that I nearly gave up video games. And on top of that, I had my first cell phone. Do you remember how long did it take to type a message ? :rolleyes:

Some years later, maybe in 2005 / 06 I played RE 4 at my brother's house in Paris, during my vacation, on PS2. I didn't get to the end, and never will. I really didn't enjoy the so grey, grey, grey and grey again graphics and the weird game play. Well, I don't want to set back this debate on RE4 and how they screwed the original gameplay, but I have to explain here why all these years passed without any RE game played.

BUT, during an unemployment period, and at the time I had only a PC, I renewed with RE games with number 3. It was cheap then of course, so I decided to try it, desperate to get some occupation when I was (regularly) home. I liked it, finished it, but weird enough my RE mania remained down.

In 2008/2009, I got the Nintendo Wii, and played The Umbrella Chronicles. Didn't finish it, it was total chaos, and I was fed up with the " shoot'em up " game style.
The Wii did not last very long, I sold it to a friend a year later I think.

Same year I got the PS3 as a birthday present, and the SILENT HILL games challenged severely RE ones. But at the same time SH made me feel the same way back in 1997-99 and this triggered my will to play other survival horror games. The RE mania started all over again and I played on PS3 Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil 6. Still, I loved the new graphics, but too much " shoot'em up style " disappointed me. What I like in games, is to explore. I'm not against action and fights, but exploration is very important to me. But it didn't freeze the RE virus in me, the 2000-2009 antidote ceased to make effects.

So in 2014, PS4 as a present (yeah again, my family and friends are generous) for my birthday. I played Revelations 2, and guess what, I played some RE past games I did not play : Code Veronica, RE Zero.

In 2015, huge joy, RE1 Remastered. Bought and played the day it was released, I was very happy to go back to 1997 but with great design and graphics. I really liked this game because of that.
Some people are going to laugh at me but when RE7 arrived, I felt so scared, really scared like a child, I did not dare to play it. Don't know if other members feel the same, but the more you grow up, the more you're scared. Hopefully (and they know it works with babies like me), price cuts on RE 7 in 2018 made me buy it, and because I heard then RE2 remake was about to be released the next year (so this year). And I said to my self, you can't have RE2Remake and eat it too without eating with the Baker family first. :biggrin:

So I played RE7 for 3 weeks, and I LOVED it. The story is really " appart ", considering the central events in the main RE games, but I really loved the game play, the spooky old house(s) back again, the graphics. I can say RE7 is in my top 3, with the 1 and 2 (remakes included of course). So I finished RE7 in the beginning of last december, so I did not have to wait too long for the RE2 Remake.

So I bought it on january 25. And I'm still playing it now. I don't play everyday, and I limit myself to 2 or 3 hours the days I do. That is also one thing which changed with the growing age. I did the Leon first story (rank C, yeah I know what you think) and now playing Claire's first story, just got in the lab yesterday. Now if we consider there are TWO Bs stories to play again, not to mention the DLC released today, I'm still on it until the end of March.

Sorry if my intro is long, I'll try to participate and give my opinion on many RE2Remake threads I find interesting.
Sorry also for some mistakes I make in english.

NB : the avatar is a virus in a cartoon I used to watch when I was a kid, teaching children how life and the human body work.

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Welcome, R-Virus! You're gonna love it here.

I recognize my playstyle in you a lot, since I also tend to favor exploration before action.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Bonjour, bienvenue.

Hello, welcome. It's been a while since I took French lessons but I still know a little :}.

I liked your introduction. You have a great sense of humor.

I am amazed that you limit yourself to 2-3 hours of Resident Evil 2 on the days you play it. Unless I rage quit, I play it for several hours at a time on my days off usually lol.

R-Virus

I am amazed that you limit yourself to 2-3 hours of Resident Evil 2 on the days you play it. Unless I rage quit, I play it for several hours at a time on my days off usually lol.

In fact not only for RE, but any game. I don't like to finish games to quickly, especially those over 15 or 20 euros. So as soon as I reach a " step " in the game, and a new quest begins, it's time to stop, although the temptation to know what's next is here. I just consider some excuses (dishes to do, shave, shower, diner to prepare). That's why I must turn off the PS completely and directly. No Pause, no rest mode. :biggrin:

Thank you all. :smile:

Top Bottom