• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 New Game Plus

swift poet

After beating the game I was given the message that I had earned the matilda and unlimited rocket launcher for purchase in the next round. Then I beat Separate Ways and Operation Ada and it told me that I had earned the Chicago Typewriter for purchase in both scenario's. I would just like to know at what point do the merchant's start carrying those particular guns to be sold. Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
As soon as you unlock those guns he will sell them as soon as you start the Campaign or Separate Ways again, or if you already started a game, he will sell them the next time you speak with him.

However he charges way to much for the Thompson and the IRL, 1,000,000 each. Matitlda dosen't go that much and he will sell that cheaply.

swift poet

See thats what I originally thought but I think I may have made a mistake. After beating the game, I started Separate Ways and saved over my file, beating the scenario shortly after. But when I started a new game it only gave me the option to change costumes and thus far I'm about a quarter into the game and the merchant still hasn't started selling any of the special weapons...

L

Lurker
Thats your problem... both scenarios have to be completed on seperate files... complete that other scenario and you will be fine.

swift poet

Okay so I made the same mistake twice and just yesterday I beat the game for the third time and didn't screw it up this time lol. Also I have another question, are you able to change the difficulty to professional when reloading your save file after completing the game?

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
swift poet;63090 said:
Okay so I made the same mistake twice and just yesterday I beat the game for the third time and didn't screw it up this time lol. Also I have another question, are you able to change the difficulty to professional when reloading your save file after completing the game?

I don't think so. You have to start fresh for Pro mode.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Yer man you get Pro mode after you beat the game.. Long starting all over again with less ammo and money lol its good though once you beat pro mode and start again locked and stocked it awesome lol

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Good luck with Pro Mode man!! It's good to make the most of good games... Oh yeah & I was thinking how it helps to do those melee attacks as well to save ammo!!

swift poet

Thanks man, I already did pro mode once, so I'm not too worried about the difficulty in completing it, I just want it to be a little more challenging when I play through it with the matilda and chicago typewriter. But yeah, the head shot followed by a kick is my favorite combo though I've become way to strategic with the way that I use it.

swift poet

Another question lol, can you not purchase the tactical vest in pro mode? The reason I ask is because it didn't become available to me in my first playthrough of pro mode around the time it should've. And when I tried playing through normal again it didn't appear until after I beat the game...

Top Bottom