• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 New demo

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I've heard a few people say they think the camera is too close to the character. I play a lot of other TPS games and I think the main issue is the character is too high up the screen, they need to raise the camera slightly so that the character sits in the bottom left rather than taking up the entire left of the screen. I don't even mind the way he blocks part of the view the problem lies in the way the crosshair is in the centre and Chris' gun is in the mid left of the screen so when you shoot the bullet kind of travels to the side rather than the usual direction which is kind of up and to the right into the horizon. It kind of makes the aiming feel slightly awkward. When you duel weld the camera zooms out slightly and looks better but I dont think thats the solution, just raise the camera slightly so the character is more bottom left. when aiming put it slighty closer to the arm/gun when aiming it would look more natural if the characters gun barrel and bullet go towards the crosshair in a slightly up / right direction instead of right.
http://twitpic.com/argvv6 Heres a quick screenshot i took from the recent twitch gameplay- like on the left pic is how it is when you aim with a pistol and on the right is a quick edit that would be better . It seems a bit better with a machine gun but anyway.
Also the sensitivety options are quite good but please give an option to disable auto aim /sticky aim.

Lonesurvivor2127

The camera in re4/re5 would be better then the one that was in the DD demo. However they did say thry fix so of the stuff and well see how it is on the 18th.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Your right the camera was perfect in RE4/5 and I liked it a lot there. Like i say it needs an easy tweak- level it slightly higher so that it looks down slightly on the character rather than straight at them ..
Something like Fallout where you can edit the camera position yourself would be the best but I dont think they would give us customisation so I hope it tweaks slightly as i described.
I've heard from other people who played later builds and said its still the same? As well as watchin those new demos of chris from twitch games and it still looks poorly positioned . Any official word on this?

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Personally I like that the camera is as it is, adds more of a suspensful feel, generally making it more atmospheric.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Well it's playable but its awkward when aiming with a pistol (non akimbo)
If you compare it to when he aims with assault rifle, the rifle is much better as the bullet follows the barrel of the guns perspective. When using a pistol the bullet follows a kind of strange perpective imo but i may just play as the secondary characters who seem a bit smaller.

I like the demo, the camera is awkwardly positioned tho but its fully controllable...I have no gripes w the gameplay and Jake is my fave so far...lets see how the next demo is, hopefully theyll fix the camera so that its a bit more static and sticky so u dnt hav to move it so much lol

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Those are basically my thoughts on the demo (assuming this is the same one we got on the X-Box a while back). I fully expect the Shake scenario to be the most fun! I quite like his unarmed sighting mechanic. I hope to get good with that!

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
It is slightly weird the way you have to aim to dodge. Surely dodge is more effective when you are not aiming. And you can only strafe whilst in Aim. I preferred control type D in RE5 where left analog strafed.
More customisable controls would be good they';v only got classic or normal.
Also- The laser sight- what is with it?
If you choose to have the crosshairs it is much more effective, as you shoot the crosshair never disappears it just recoils up slighltly.
If you choose the best and classic looking laser sight for aiming, when you shoot it dissapears for about half a second after each shot presumably the recoil (it should just flick up and back down not disappear)
if your tapping your pistol you literally have no laser and cant see where your shooting, makes the laser aim pretty useless so have to use crosshair which are really dodgy on the demo. the auto aim makes the crosshair jump miles into the corners or sides of the screen when I had it aimed on the middle. Please an auto aim off option for the STARS lol

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
After going back to res 5 and thinking about the laser on that perhaps it was due to the fact the skills and weapons were low tier in the demo and hopefully the laser will be a bit snappier when using better skills. I just hope there is an auto aim off option and camera is slightly repositioned for the final build

Top Bottom