• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New batch of RE2 Gameplay

Turo602

The King of Kings
Familiar Faces Gameplay Preview Trailer

Unstoppable Tyrant Gameplay Preview Trailer

Leon Sewers Gameplay

Claire Mr. X Gameplay

Informative and detailed walkthrough of everything seen during the hands on preview. Lots of footage, so beware of spoilers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jen

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
b7fdc179ad68a8df6070ab193f0c8dd7.png

It's Q, yo
SF3_Q.gif

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Why are such things always released on the longest days of my week, when I still have hours of work and other obligations to go before I can properly watch them? URGH!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I'm not watching any of those videos. So far I've managed to stay away from everything that came after the first gameplay trailer. I want everything to be a surprise when the game is released.

Ark2000

Damn, Mr.X looks scarier than ever! If they do make a RE 3 remake, i can really imagine Nemesis being even bigger threat, just based on how they changed him in this game.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I like it too (now that I've finally been able to watch it all), except for two things...

1) I mentioned this before after the first trailer was released: the omnipresent darkness. No point in having the best graphics if you can barely see anything of your surroundings most of the time. It's only scary for so long before it becomes annoying.

2) I hope this Mr X gameplay was just a compilation of some of his encounters, because if you really have him on your a$$ every time Claire as much as farts, I don't see myself enjoying that campaign.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
The darkness doesn't bother me too much, but I agree on Mr. X. I hope that's just a sometimes thing like in the original version.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm okay with the darkness. It adds back that element of horror from the fixed camera perspective of not knowing what lurks off screen, and it's also a good excuse for players to explore every inch of the environment for hidden goodies.

And yeah, I think Mr. X is gonna be a lot like Jack Baker this time, as in just freely roaming the police station. Which I can see how that can be annoying, but from a survival horror perspective, it sounds awesome. Especially since he looks way more intimidating and more aggressive than Jack Baker.

Mr.R

Well, as for the Mr.X roaming around thing...maybe he stays down for a while if the player knocks him? Kinda like it can be done with Jack in 7 or Nemesis in 3 (Even though Nemesis's appearances are scripted, he will stop following you if you reach a certain point or you shower his face in with some ammo). It can create some interesting situations, like some tension in ammo management, but I can reckon that if he stays around all the damn time, it can be annoying. Let's wait and see...

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I don't think it's too dark, on the other hand I'm used to extreme darkness in the Silent Hill games, most notably Silent Hill 3:

maxresdefault.jpg

You couldn't see sh*t without the flashlight in that game.

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
William Birkins model looks so good as does Mr X and the giant crocodile only 5 days left then I can sink my teeth into this game at last.

Top Bottom