• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Never thought I'd say this but...

StarsiderdotSajun

I'm actually enjoying Resident Evil Zero, despite having a burning hatred for co-op games. At first I hated this game, especially the train area. And once I got to the Mansion area I was having trouble with stuff like the cpu wasting shotgun ammo and stuff like that. Basically the same sort of problems mentioned in the Zeropunctuation review of RE 5.

But after messing around with the settings and whatnot I've got a nice thing going, and despite Gamespot's review of RE Zero saying that Rebecca generally just ends up being the mule of the game, I've actually been using her more. I gave Billy the shotgun but I usually equip him with the pistol on attack mode and play as him till I encounter something, and if it's something I'll need backup for then I switch to Rebecca, who is always on idle, and control her while Billy stands in front.

Anyways, this wasn't just me blogging about stuff yall don't want to hear, I actually have a question:

----> Is the Mansion in RE Zero supposed to be the same Mansion as in the REmake? I doubt it because the layout is nowhere near like the one in the REmake, and maybe I missed a file somewhere that details where you are. I'm just not sure. :)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
quick and simple answer no it is not.
you will encounter the remake mansion in the ending cut scene.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
It's well funny how billy is much stronger then rebbeca in that game, its like he could fight a tyrant with a knife and not get to badly hurt where as rebbeca would get killed in the first few hits haha.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think that Rebecca alone would not stand a chance...
I don't like RE0 because it messes up too much with the stories of RE1 and RE2 and it adds some chronoloical/geographical/characters problems.
Anyway, the game by itself looks amazing, and i should try it.

StarsiderdotSajun

Yeah I'm not able to follow the storyline as well as most people so I haven't spotted any continuation problems or anything just yet. Only thing I've noticed is that when playing the REmake as Chris and you meet Rebecca here and there she seems pretty calm for someone who just spent the night in a zombie infested mansion with a supposed killer... but oh well. :)

And I do really like how each character is different. Billy seems like he can take like 2-3 zombie hits before he even gets hurt once but Rebecca pretty much dies outright if a zombie so much as looks at her.

*TINY SPOILER* I also loved the piano room. I figured, okay Rebecca should be able to play the piano, but no no no it's the greasy looking convict that plays the song perfectly.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Rebecca plays the piano in RE1, but she needs to practice for a while before playing the song correctly. I actually can play the bit of the song she plays.

StarsiderdotSajun

bruno;62262 said:
Rebecca plays the piano in RE1, but she needs to practice for a while before playing the song correctly. I actually can play the bit of the song she plays.

Oh neat! I'd love to be able to play something like that just for fun, but I really suck at music so yeah...

Kagara

I think the mansion in RE0 was just to be used as a training facility for new Umbrella employees - for example there is a file that talks about a young Wesker and Birkin.

StarsiderdotSajun;62238 said:
I gave Billy the shotgun but I usually equip him with the pistol on attack mode and play as him till I encounter something, and if it's something I'll need backup for then I switch to Rebecca, who is always on idle, and control her while Billy stands in front.
Rebecca is good with the shotgun, you can get a headshot on zombie if you just wait until they get closer then aim upwards and fire.

Resident James

Enrico ended up a lot of places if you notice where you see him in 0 to 1.

I wish I new what he was doing in between those few moments.

Jess

I always put AI on idle since I notice he/she's only running to the front when we encounter the monsters and doesn't give a shoot so I decide let him/her stay behind my back and carry my bag and I clear the area

Top Bottom