• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My thoughts on Resident Evil The Final Chapter

WeskerLives2015

I just got around to watching Resident Evil The Final Chapter Last Night. Although the movies are ragged on a lot, I like them in their own special way. Even though they're getting rebooted with a new director, I personally thought it was a good way to end Alice's story. The only thing that irked me was that they left out Leon, Ada, and Jill. I hope that the new director for the reboot actually studies the games and tries to emulate them.

weskerondope

i kinda liked the first 2 films and i have no hard feelings against andersson or jovovich
infact i think andersson has some talent and jovovich is a great action star

but this one was riddiculus, its like they forgot the story of the earlier films, ashford became james marcus
angelas (they forgot her name too) dissease, which made her walk with crutches (MS perhaps?) is now replaced with progeria
and they portrayed the progeria dissease completely inacurate.
i cant think of many positive things about it, except maybe some action scenes are kinda cool on their own

espressobeanies

Instead of the movie ending with just a green vial smashing into the ground, I would have liked to have seen the airborne antivirus dispersed via global Umbrella satellites smashing into the ground. (See "Moonraker" for guidance)

Not enough smashing. But great movie!

HookerZombie

I liked the first movie ok, but every sequel afterwards has gotten increasingly stupid and I hate what they did to the characters from the games. I also liked Alice better when she was human. They really ruined her by giving her superpowers imo. In the Resident Evil games other than Wesker none of the main characters ever had superpowers up until RE5 and RE6 came out (and RE6 sucks just as bad as the movies did imo).

Zacmac90

The first movie was the closest they ever came to a decent live action version of Resident evil, it least it somewhat resembled Resident Evil. I never cared for the Alice character, I would rather they have focused on the other characters more, Claire, Jill, Leon, Wesker considering they're from the game which the film is based off

HookerZombie

The first movie was the closest they ever came to a decent live action version of Resident evil, it least it somewhat resembled Resident Evil. I never cared for the Alice character, I would rather they have focused on the other characters more, Claire, Jill, Leon, Wesker considering they're from the game which the film is based off
I agree, the first movie was the closest to being what the games were actually about. And it was even scary at times like a horror movie should be.

Zacmac90

The second one was when it started to fall apart, granted the 2nd film took place in raccoon city, featured nemesis and carlos so i dont know if they were trying to combine the two games into one movie but they did a lousy job if they were. But I do give em credit for LJ, guy was a hoot :)

HookerZombie

The second one was when it started to fall apart, granted the 2nd film took place in raccoon city, featured nemesis and carlos so i dont know if they were trying to combine the two games into one movie but they did a lousy job if they were. But I do give em credit for LJ, guy was a hoot :)
Meh, I found L.J. to be annoying and a somewhat offensive black stereotype. I mean you don't get any lower than staring open-jawed at topless zombie strippers (btw I realize the irony in this statement because of my username).

Airaku

Stray Jedi
They all suck but I could tolerate and have fun with the 2nd one. Nemesis was cool, the lickers were alright and Jill was hot and done half decently. The Finale Chapter was the only other one I could tolerate because it had some awesome nods to the games and easter eggs in there. They still weren't good movies or even remotely accurate but they were at least better than the rest. The whole film series is a cluster**** of nonsensical action with characters that don't even remotely resemble their video game personas. It has nothing to do with Resident Evil other than name placing and some fancy cosplay. Only the 2nd film felt like Resident Evil with maybe some debatable momentary parts of the first and last film in terms of atmosphere or tone. **** those movies.

Zacmac90

If its true this franchise is being rebooted than I can only hope the director does this:

1. DELETE Alice completely from the movies
2. Keep the characters like Leon, Claire, Chris etc relevant throughout the movie(s)
3. Not saying every detail has to be the same as the games but keep it very similar..do research if you gotta

HookerZombie

If its true this franchise is being rebooted than I can only hope the director does this:

1. DELETE Alice completely from the movies
2. Keep the characters like Leon, Claire, Chris etc relevant throughout the movie(s)
3. Not saying every detail has to be the same as the games but keep it very similar..do research if you gotta

All I'd really want is for a coherent plot. That's something that the movies severely lacked.

The movie was rushed, u could tell the budget was lower than usual too. An okay action movie I guess but nothing special.

What the next movie should be like? I honestly feel like Resident Evil Vendetta that is a movie should have been Resident Evil 7.. and Resident Evil 7 the game should have been better fitted as the new movies. No character backstory is needed.. really. Resident Evil and make a scary movie being trapped at the Bakers house, perfect!

Resident Evil 7 is really the kind of game that you play through once enjoy alot and never think of again.. much like a movie.

Zacmac90

The movie could feature all unknown actors/actresses with a low budget and I wouldnt care as long as they stayed true to the games and it actually felt like a Resident Evil film. Makes me wonder if Paul W.S Anderson ever played any of the games before he directed the movie lol

slaithe

Spoilers ahead.

My beef with The Final Chapter is the HUGE LACK OF CONTINUITY.
In the film prior we see a huge cliffhanger with Alice, Wesker, Leon, Ada and Jill standing on top of the White House for "humanity's last stand"...
which we don't even get to see.

Wesker had Alice rescued in that film so she could help fight the zombies; he injected her with something to enable her powers. WE SEE THE CG ANIMATION IN HER BLOOD.

As The Final Chapter begins, there's no sign of Leon, Ada nor Jill. No mention. No explanation of what unfolded. We just see a torn up Washington, D.C. and Alice begins alone and powerless.

(BTW, I also hated Retribution for just dumping Claire and Chris out of the plot when they were standing with Alice at the end of Afterlife.)

We learn Wesker "pretended" to give Alice her powers back.

:|

This invalidates the entire plot of Retribution!

In The Final Chapter Wesker dies an incredibly stupid death. In Retribution he demonstrated superhuman speed which would have easily allowed him to avoid that peril.

Lying on the floor in agony, Wesker tells Alice, "I should have killed you in Washington," I wholeheartedly agree!

Actually, I did laugh quite a bit at the last 3 movies since they're so outrageously ridiculous. For some reason I enjoyed seeing Wesker on screen more than any of the chars borrowed from the games. I want his outfit.

Last edited:

RE-AnimatedFlyboy

Those movies. Stupid fun. Those movies #&_ e everything Resident Evil stands for, Paul W. S. Anderson is a god awful director and writer. He has never played a resident evil game. He and his Super Milla only watched a few minutes of gameplay, when they made these movies. Trash, I say. Trash. I can still watch these movies. But my resident evil they are not.

Not even a good movies. Paul W. S ANDERSON is a hack, who always gets some work. Not quite the Uwe Boll. But close to it.

Guy cant even renember the last script he wrote. RECU is a mess.

Top Bottom