• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake My take on an RE3make Extended Cut Part Two.

Nick Springthorpe.

And I'm back. In my last thread, I covered how I would fix the opening segment of RE3 Remake. By bringing back the live decisions and introducing branching story paths and a few new areas, I was able to turn the opening from a straight linear path to one that offered the player choices while still keeping its roller-coaster pace. Now comes part 2. And for this part, we're going to rearrange the sequence of story events that take place.

In Slaver Studios' video Resident Evil 3 All Cut Content,
it is shown that Jill was supposed to head to the Police Station from the Parking Garage. In fact, in the video you can the street Jill crashes into is right in front of the RPD. So we need to update the map by adding a few new streets. First, the street we just mentioned, which from the video is cluttered with piled-up cars. This could be an homage to the original game's intro with the bodies of the officers lying in blood next to their cars. Maybe have the camera pan to a riot helmet lying in the street showing a reflection of Jill. Since this way is blocked take the street to the left which the map shows to have a straight narrow alley that would put them right in front of the side gate. https://i.redd.it/bkfgsbaw1hr41.png

Next, we add Ennerdale Street, which is right in front of the station. Mostly the part in front of the side gate. Finally, we add the part of Redstone St that passes by the Construction Site. We'll clear the debris from the road so we can get there. With just these few changes we've connected Downtown with the Police Station and Uptown, increasing the size of the overall map.

Now that we've updated the map, it's time to move forward. If Carlos saved Jill outside the parking lot, He'll accompany her to the Police Station. The two get to know each other better over a jog. If Brad sacrificed himself to save Jill, then she must make her way alone. She meets Carlos outside the front doors, where the suave mercenary is trying and failing to get Marvin to open the door for him. After laughing at his 'smoothness' Jill convinces Marvin to open the door for her.

Inside the Main Hall, Jill and Carlos meet Marvin (Not bitten) and Elliot Edward. (In one piece) They explain that the station was mostly overrun, putting a damper on Carlos's hopes of finding any survivors to bring to the subway shelter. Elliot says that a group of officers led by David Ford went to the West Wing in order to get access to the armories. Our next objectives are to find those officers, and gain access to the main armory, and the armory in the STARS office. Since we need a STARS ID card to open the lockboxes scattered throughout the Station and a badge to open the STARS armory. I'm retconning the live decision in Bar Jack so that Brad gives Jill his card case in the event she chooses to run.

Once again it's live decision time and this time it's simple. Simply choose whether you want to play the next part as Jill or Carlos. The character you don't choose will man the computer at the front desk and guide them via radio. This decision will affect both characters' arsenals as Carlos gets the ACOG sight for his rifle, while Jill gets the shotgun from the armory as well as the red dot sight for her pistol in the West Office. The other character will get their upgrade at Kendo's Gun Shop.

Speaking of weapons, I think it's a good time to tell you that this is where the crafting mechanic is introduced. Crafting experience also returns along with the ability to create enhanced ammo.

The path through the West Office remains much the same aside from character-specific dialogue, and the fact that the hole in the wall on the third floor is absent. Your character will also take cover in the locker room after planting the detonator, allowing you to turn off the steam, although the valve handle will break rendering it useless.

Regardless, once you opened the STARS armory and step out Dr. Bard will contact you on the computer. Depending on which character you chose, The Doc's temperament will be either relieved or hostile. Once it's over the other character will call you on the radio to tell you a horde of zombies has broken through the front gate. At this point, the game jumps to the other character. Here you have to help Marvin and Elliot hold off the horde of zombies after Nemesis opened the front gate for them. Depending on where Brad died, the zombies will either be normal or parasite zombies. Either way, your objective is to hold them off while the other character tries to lose Nemesis. After fighting off several waves, the other character arrives in time to see a zombified Brad. If he's a normal zombie the scene with Marvin will play out like it originally did. If he's a parasite, you'll have to shoot it off, after which Brad will fall to the ground. While you and Elliot close the front gates, Marvin will stand over him and say, "I'm sorry Brad." Only for Brad to spring back up and tackle him before biting into his abdomen. After Marvin pushes him off, The player must finish him. Once it's over, Jill will look sadly at Brad's body as the character chosen will place his card case on his body. As everyone prepares to head inside, The Nemesis jumps down from the roof, having let the zombies in to lure Jill out. Realizing it's her he's after, She tells Elliot to get Marvin inside and takes off running with Carlos right behind her. The Nemesis looks at Elliot and Marvin, who stand petrified in fear, before resuming his pursuit of Jill.

Jill and Carlos head out the side gate and turn north past the construction site. Carlos tosses a flashbang behind them to stall the Nemesis. After turning out onto Flower Street, Jill points out Kendo's gun shop and the two duck inside where they are confronted by Kendo. Jill tells him to get down and the three of them duck down behind the desk. A hushed conversation ensues.

"Were you followed?" Kendo asks. Jill replies "Unfortunately yes" When Kendo asks how many, Carlos answers with "Just some creep stalking her." Jill hears the Nemesis and hushes them both. A tense few moments pass as the Nemesis steps into view. He looks into the window, sees the store is empty then enters the store. He looks around some more, then walks up to the counter. He steps behind to find it empty. Then he walks out the back door into the alley, finding it empty as well. Satisfied he leaps into air.

Jill, Carlos, and Kendo step out of the door in the alley. That was too close to call. Kendo tells Jill and Carlos to go on ahead and points out the key on the wall before heading back inside. After gathering supplies from the shop, Jill and Carlos head through the alley and the house where they arrive at the entrance to the Subway Station.

And that's the police station done. Obviously, Carlos and Tyrell will not be returning later. Next time we head Downtown. And I'd like to hear some of your suggestions on how to fix it.

Leave them down below. And I'll see you all soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom