• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 My Resident Evil 6 journal

Meg

So bin ich eben
So Resident Evil 6 is only the second Resi game I ever played. And so far it's the only one I like. :p But that doesn't make it perfect! :eek: Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my thoughts I had while playing the game. :D So far I finished Jake's campaign, and am almost done Chris's.

Here we go. :D

1. Oh Lord, RE6 time. Let's see how this goes.
2. Wow, most boring tutorial ever. I've seen grass grow in more exciting ways than this.
3. Who's this Jake guy? I'll start with him. :D
4. CHRISTMAS EVE! Nothing's ever gone wrong on Dec. 24th before.
5. Okay, now we're getting somew- Who's this blonde bitch? Her voice is annoying.
6. I'm liking this Jake character. His one-liners are so bad they're entertaining.
7. AHHH! Giant dude with a...thing....in his...back. The heck?
8. Oh, look it's that Chris fellow.
9. Lalalala, I can just run around and not doing anything. It doesn't matter. The CPU will kill the enemies for me. Lalala- oh I get to do something now?
10. So....many....quick time....events. It's like Aunt Flow. She shows up when you least expect it, contributes nothing positive to your life, and then leaves. Only to show up again much too soon.
11. And who is this giant Goliath looking character? Oh sh*t! Crap, run Jake, run!!! Wait, how do you sprint- Ah crap. He got me. Son of Wesker. *ba-dum-tiss*

That's it for now. Let me know if you enjoyed this and want more silly thoughts from my time playing RE6. :)

EDIT: I'll try to keep potential spoilers to a minimum. :eek: Everything I post is going to be pretty vague though. But if I post anything that I think might spoil something, I'll white it out. Okay? :eek:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Is this "creative" journal just a way to represent your anger and / or disappointment at the game?
Your all missing the bigger picture here people!
The most concerning thing about the whole game is with all the technology everyone's using in the game, WHY THE F*** WAS ADA'S BIRTH FILMED ON A VCR?!?!?

Darkness

Infected
5. Okay, now we're getting somew- Who's this blonde bitch? Her voice is annoying.
So Resident Evil 6 is only the second Resi game I ever played.

Well there's your problem. I'm going to sound like an old geezer saying this but... LEARN YOUR HISTORY, you won't enjoy RE6 nearly as much without knowing it.

I'm liking your use of emotes, with all the different colored similes, your post looks like a Christmas tree. :cool:

Meg

So bin ich eben
Well there's your problem. I'm going to sound like an old geezer saying this but... LEARN YOUR HISTORY, you won't enjoy RE6 nearly as much without knowing it.

I'm liking your use of emotes, with all the different colored similes, your post looks like a Christmas tree. :cool:
Sorry, but I'm not going back and playing countless other Resi games before playing this one. :p It's more fun to have no idea. XD I'm piecing things together anyway.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Sorry, but I'm not going back and playing countless other Resi games before playing this one. :p It's more fun to have no idea. XD I'm piecing things together anyway.

I don't think you really need to play the past RE games to enjoy RE6. If you played them after you finish RE6 you might understand things a bit more though.
What was the first RE game you played and why didn't you like it?

Meg

So bin ich eben
I don't think you really need to play the past RE games to enjoy RE6. If you played them after you finish RE6 you might understand things a bit more though.
What was the first RE game you played and why didn't you like it?
Yeah yeah yeah. I'm understanding things fine. :D And it was RE4 and I didn't like it because you couldn't move while aiming or anything. It gave the game an annoying start-stop pace. I got pretty far into it anyway, but then I got stuck and just lost interest in trying.

Anyway, here's part 2!! :D

12. Derr derr derr derr
13. Oh when the virus outside is frightful, finding data is not delightful, since the zombies won't let us go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
14. SNOWMOBILE! Oh hell yeah, gonna have fun with th- Goddamn it. I crashed into something.
15. AGH! It's that dude that doesn't die!
16. Run little Jake-y! RUUUUUUN!
17. Yes, kill the thing with the drill thing. Oh no, QTE. -_____-
18. Who's this Ada person? That bitch. Eh? Why is everything white now? I feel like I'm playing The Unfinished Swan. Except, I can't throw paint.
19. Death by security camera. MWAHAHAHA!
20. China!
21. Oh look, it's Leon and that other lady.
22. It's the ex-girlfriend again!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
23. Who's Simmons?
24. Lalalalalala
25. Annnnd there he is again! How many more times do I have to fight this thing?
26. Mano-a-mano it is.
27. Yes, please kill that thing for good. HURRAY! He's- up, he's back.
28. Hurray! Jake and the blonde win!
29. Oh herr herr herr. Jake puts on black sunglasses. I c wut u did thar, Capcom.

Final thoughts on Jake's campaign: I liked it! :D Oh sure, it's far from a "great" game, but it was fun. Jake had a lot of so-bad-it's-funny one liners. Overall, he's an entertaining character. And his gameplay is fun too. I really liked his unarmed style of fighting. It was fun plowing through enemies without using guns.

Next up, the exact gameplay opposite: Chris's campaign! :D I chose to play as Piers.

I just finished the story today. I'll be posting my silly thoughts soon.

Meg

So bin ich eben
How does anyone find this amusing? It got boring the first time you decided to call the women 'bitches' every time.

This really isn't funny in the least.
I'm sorry you don't find it entertaining. I curse a lot, I know. If it crossed the line into being offensive, then I'll be sure to tone it down in future posts. Was there anything else you really didn't like, or was it just the language?

MetalGamer2

Survivor
So Resident Evil 6 is only the second Resi game I ever played. And so far it's the only one I like. :p

And it was RE4 and I didn't like it because you couldn't move while aiming or anything. It gave the game an annoying start-stop pace. I got pretty far into it anyway, but then I got stuck and just lost interest in trying.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend playing RE6 unless you've played RE2, RE4, and RE5. Only then can you get the most out of the story. There's a lot they don't explain in RE6, and a lot that can be interpreted differently if you already have an emotional attachment to the story and the characters. Of course, you can always go back and play some of the other games afterwards, but it's a completely different (and amazing) experience if you know your history.

Also, how can you possibly dislike RE4??!!!!! Not only is it undebatably one of the best RE games, but it's also considered by many to be one of the best video games ever made! :mad:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Also, how can you possibly dislike RE4??!!!!! Not only is it undebatably one of the best RE games, but it's also considered by many to be one of the best video games ever made! :mad:

I don't like it either. RE4 is even arguing with CV about which one of them is at the bottom of my list, but I prefer CV's story and characters a hundred times, so I'd say 4 is the worst in the series.
Besides, you don't really need to have played it in order to understand RE6. The only recurring topic that connects 4 and 6 is the endless Leon & Ada soap opera, and that has stayed the same since RE2, plus in 2 you get to know Sherry and the fact that Chris and Claire are siblings. So I think playing RE2 and gathering some background information about our other soap opera (Chris & Wesker) is enough preparation, everything else is self-explanatory.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
RE4 is my least favourite as well. I think it is because it doesn't seem like resident evil at all. The only similarity is that the characters are the same. The story was completely seperate from all the other RE games, I think that Code Veronica should have been RE4 and RE4 should have been a side game. Plus Leon is my least favourite main character anyway.

Meg

So bin ich eben
Hey guys. Guys. You know how I made this thread to be a silly journal of my thoughts on RE6? Can we keep it that way please? :eek:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You should have known that before you stated in an official RE forum that you don't like RE4. :p But I don't mind going back to the original topics, your journal is funny.

Meg

So bin ich eben
You should have known that before you stated in an official RE forum that you don't like RE4. :p But I don't mind going back to the original topics, your journal is funny.
I've done it before. On here no less. I have scars. :p

Okay! On to Chris's campaign! :D

1. Lalalala, here we go! :D I hear lots of good things about Chris as a character. But I think I'll play as Piers. Apparently, he has a sniper rifle. That could be fun. :D
2. Oh....oh my. Chris is....bleh. I don't like him; he's annoying! D: Piers seems pretty cool though. ^^!
3. Oh dear, a flashback. Oh Chris isn't annoying anymore. I wonder why? ;) Lalala....AHHHH! Oh no, it's the giant thing with the thing sticking out of his back. Again.
4. I have to do this again? Ahhhhh, QTE! The horror! THE HORROR! :eek:
5. Wait, Jake! Come back. Don't leave me here with this Chris fellow! Nooooooooooo D:
6. Oh well, whatever.
7. Oh look, it's that Ada character agai- Wait a minute? How does anyone trust her even a little bit? Her nonverbals are screaming: "Imma screw you overrrr!
8. At least Piers is onto her. I mean really, Chris. -_-'
9. By golly, how rude. :eek: Finn! FINNNNNNNN!
10. And it's back to the present. Well, now things make sense.
11. Oh no. Is Chris gonna yell about this the whole rest of the game?
12. Yup. -_-'
13. Oh hello there Leon and Helena. :D
14. Ooooh! Ooooh there it is. The scene that's on the back of the game box.
15. Let's all just stand here while Ada lalalalas around.
16. ADAAAAA! CHRISSSSSS! PIEEEEERS! WHY ARE WE YELLING EACHOTHER'S NAMEEEEEES?
17. Oh crap. Who was that?
18. No seriously, what just happened? Why's this person keep coming out of nowhe- It's Ms. Femme isn't it? That's why she doesn't like RE6 that much. She thought she was going to have a larger role in the game. Those jerks at Capcom! :mad:
19. Let's go on a rescue mission! :D
20. Oh look, I've done this before too. ;)
21. EH GADS! Run little Piers! RUUUUN! :eek:
22. Uh oh! Now what's gonna happen? Piers? Piers, what are you doing? No. No no no! Don't do it! NOOO!
23. Goddamn it, Piers. If you wanted a makeover that badly you could of just asked. You didn't have to go and do something like this now. Chris isn't even worth it.
24. Well this is annoying. Stay dead already! :mad:
25. Gee, I wonder what's going to happen now? Oh look, didn't see that coming. -_-'
26. Meh. Chris. Weak ending video. Meh.

Closing thoughts on Chris's campaign! :D Overall I thought it was okay. I didn't like how it was basically a generic third person shooter with freaky things. Jake's campaign was more interesting gameplay and story wise. Chris was annoying too. He's not a "bad" character by any means. I do think he had a decent character arc. It's just that getting there was.......-________-

And Piers? He was all right. Not a great character. I mean I liked him, and he was a good foil to Chris. A little boring though. But overall he was good. Although the ending was -_________- stupid.

Oh well! :D Leon and Helena are next. :D I chose to play as Helena. I'm curious to see how things go. Stay tuned! :D

Meg

So bin ich eben
You'll like Helena.... or else. ;) jk IMO She's the best new character who's actually very well fleshed out with her backstory. Anywho enjoy that campaign, it's my favorite.
Oh you like Helena? I had no idea. ;) I finished chapter 1 so far. I think I'm gonna enjoy it too. :D

Top Bottom