• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 My idea

Howard

Hero of the alspark
resident_evil_revolution_by_cybersubzero-d4tcl2w.jpg

Truth to be told, this idea of mine is a very old(This idea has been with me since 2009). Okay, let's began shall we? I do plan on sending Capcom these ideas.
Here's some of the old ideas, I thought of.

1.The main original character was an young eskimo woman from Antarctica. Her name is Ahnah Sedna
2. Zombies return, along with zombie polor bears..Dogs
3. Weapons in the game are, Uiu(Womens knife),War Hapoon,Spears, Cable Backed Bow,Bolas.
4. Lots of locations to visit.
5. Classic weapons return like L. Hawk, G. Launcher.
6. The sliding and dodging from RE6, and the coner cover from RE:ORC.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's definitely ORIGINAL, but I don't see too many fans digging it taking place in Antarctica. It's simply not relatable enough...

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I like some of these, I'll try to explain why.
1. I wouldn't be terribly specific about a new character, the producers switch character design, backstories, names, etc at the drop of a hat, a few times before the game finally gets finished so that the character fits exactly what they need.
2. Love zombies, and I like the idea of new enemy designs of infected animals. I've always wondered where all the zombie cats go =/. Revelations has some great examples of large dogs that could easily have been polar bears.
3. Location inspired weaponry would be cool, but in taste. I shouldn't be able to kill a zombie polar bear by harpooning it unless I hit it in the head.
4. While new locations are lovely, I think RE thrives best in one focused location, which creates that "trapped" feeling that you don't get in RE6. The name "Resident Evil" itself came from the original mansion.
5. Definitely, I don't think it'd be RE without the classic weapons =p
6. ... ... ... I'm sorry. Don't like to down on it, but I hated the controls in both of those games. Sliding and dodging is alright, but the camera in 6, and the entire cover system in ORC made me want to break stuff lol. I don't think cover should be necessary in an RE game. The Last of Us, Dead Space 3, RE6, REORC, all starting to include human shooters as enemies to engage the FPS and Naughty Dog fans, but to me it just feels like I'm suddenly playing Uncharted and takes away from the experience a bit.

Last edited:

weskerondope

i hope this was sarcastic
no offense but that game doesnt sound any better than resident evil 6
allthough i guess it sounds better than resident evil mercenaries 3D
i bet capcom could go for something like that, those guys will do anything to make games suck

Howard

Hero of the alspark
i hope this was sarcastic
no offense but that game doesnt sound any better than resident evil 6
allthough i guess it sounds better than resident evil mercenaries 3D
i bet capcom could go for something like that, those guys will do anything to make games suck
My idea sounds far better than RE6 ever would be, my quest is to go back to the roots, of the classics using a brand new character, when have you ever played as an Eskimo? We've played as cops,a biker,agents, but never an Eskimo..

weskerondope

well, maybe it would work
i just dont see how
but that could be my limited imagination
what i dont understand is how you can say you are going back to the roots yet having those dogde action controlls
from resident evil 6 and such

Howard

Hero of the alspark
well, maybe it would work
i just dont see how
but that could be my limited imagination
what i dont understand is how you can say you are going back to the roots yet having those dogde action controlls
from resident evil 6 and such
You have a point, the dodging can be the one from RE3.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I´d like some old characters to return.For example: Billy Cohen or Carlos.They could join Jake in some crazy mission as mercenaries.

Top Bottom