• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 My Idea for the story for Resident Evil 7

Theonecalledtc

Maybe during the events of Resident Evil 6 in Lanshiang, China when the bomb set off and the people were being zombiefied, two brand new characters awakens from from incidents happening b4 the main storyline began, wakes up from his/her intensive care ward quickly learning how to walk again. Picking the main character on the start menu should resemble that of resident evil 1 I.e: woman character: more health, more puzzles, should resemble the classic RE progression and the man character: normal heath, start off with a gun, more action filled, less puzzles, start off fighting various types of mutants, and resembles closely to Resident Evil Revelations...both should include real time items and procure any blunt weapon on site...should give return to the safe room and auto save should only be used on certain points of the game, lol

i hope you guys like it, give me thoughts and ideas

Theonecalledtc

action has always been in the resident evil series, the male character encounters more and should have more scene showcasing him vs the variants and the female character is more slow paced with puzzles and the only actions that should happen on her side is life threatning situations the player have to overcome in real time

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
...The opening is FAR too similar to how the Walking Dead happens...I'm also not too psyched about New Characters when we should be giving the established characters Closure in my opinion...

Theonecalledtc

...The opening is FAR too similar to how the Walking Dead happens...I'm also not too psyched about New Characters when we should be giving the established characters Closure in my opinion...

honestly i havent watched the walking dead series....and whats the point of closure if they are brought back soon after or in some form? i.e: killing wesker off to bring wesker's "son" for the next game?

and also with new characters, you are very open towards giving various ideas to use to give it a true horror effect versus trying to achive horror from already bad ass main chraracters whom you already know will kick some ass and save the day, hell u can close the end of the game with one of those new characters killed off

Theonecalledtc

to add on from my comment, yea i also like the fact of leon gracing the cover of every even numbered resident evil (2,4,6) , but at the same time the odd numbered resident evil games should be experimented, b/c when u played your first resident evil, u didnt know what to expect, but now with vets, u pretty much know somewhat u are expecting

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The games keep changing, and we never really DO know what to expect, With the exception of people expecting them to suck because of the surge in action oriented gameplay. That said, Wesker was given Closure. Bringing his son in the game in no way keeps him, as a character, in the game. I mean sure, there is the memory, and the blood relevance. But Wesker is NOT in the games anymore. His Son is a relevant character now, and is a totally different character. Just because Chris is in game after game, does that make every game relevant to Claire just because they're siblings?

Just because your character is a badass, DOESN'T mean the games can't be scary. We may not have known the actual personalities of the characters right off the bat in the first game, it openly states they're badasses. S.T.A.R.S. were the best of the best. Meaning you're playing as ELITE and SKILLED people from the get go. All they really did to make them better in the games after was giving them more character depth. Until the BSAA came along at least. And the character being a badass, also doesn't affect how you, as the person PLAYING feels. Your character is fictional, and controlled by YOU. So the fictional character can be as kickass as the story wants, but if the player sucks, Chris or Jill, or Leon WON'T be badasses.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
action has always been in the resident evil series, the male character encounters more and should have more scene showcasing him vs the variants and the female character is more slow paced with puzzles and the only actions that should happen on her side is life threatning situations the player have to overcome in real time

Yeah, Females should have levels more like Ashley did... Kill only what is in your way and try to solve puzzles to open a secret path/doors.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, Females should have levels more like Ashley did... Kill only what is in your way and try to solve puzzles to open a secret path/doors.
Why...Jill is a fantastic character...So is Sherry and Claire...Why should women only have Small Levels...The only sh*tty female character I can think of is Sheva...

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子

Why...Jill is a fantastic character...So is Sherry and Claire...Why should women only have Small Levels...The only sh*tty female character I can think of is Sheva...

Everyone has their opinion, I'm just saying i'd like it even more if chapters we're easier and would contain more puzzles to be solved rather than fighting a lot of zombies.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Everyone has their opinion, I'm just saying i'd like it even more if chapters we're easier and would contain more puzzles to be solved rather than fighting a lot of zombies.
And for a support character that's fine. Ashely and Sherry (In RE2) were support characters, so it makes sense they wouldn't fight...But if your character is fully trained and a main character, why make their gameplay so pitiful?

Theonecalledtc

And for a support character that's fine. Ashely and Sherry (In RE2) were support characters, so it makes sense they wouldn't fight...But if your character is fully trained and a main character, why make their gameplay so pitiful?

sigh...what the point of bringing back fully established characters again? i mean, hell re6 was almost a reboot b/c there is nothing capcom can do with the series at this point b/c the story of umbrella has been played over and over and over and with neo umbrella now taking over, like what the hell? i mean i would love to see claire redfield in another re game but at the same time, capcom is looking for a SURVIVAL HORROR feel, and the hospital ran by neo umbrella idea is pretty great, hell the two main characters would meet up with various side characters but the trick is the never meet each other the whole game and somehow they are helping each other by solving puzzles to secret doors which lead to another passageway for the other character, stuff like that...i mean this screams a lil re 1 - 2

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
sigh...what the point of bringing back fully established characters again? i mean, hell re6 was almost a reboot b/c there is nothing capcom can do with the series at this point b/c the story of umbrella has been played over and over and over and with neo umbrella now taking over, like what the hell? i mean i would love to see claire redfield in another re game but at the same time, capcom is looking for a SURVIVAL HORROR feel, and the hospital ran by neo umbrella idea is pretty great, hell the two main characters would meet up with various side characters but the trick is the never meet each other the whole game and somehow they are helping each other by solving puzzles to secret doors which lead to another passageway for the other character, stuff like that...i mean this screams a lil re 1 - 2
...Just because they're established doesn't mean they've had closure. Leon, Jill, and Ada ALL need closure. And some would argue that Claire and Chris do as well, and while I don't agree with that, I do see their point. And saying there was nothing they could do with the series, is definitely your opinion and not even close to a fact...It's a fact that the main characters haven't had closure...Well...Save for Wesker...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.

Ashley was pretty bad as well, but are you talking about side characters, or everyone?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ashley was pretty bad as well, but are you talking about side characters, or everyone?
I won't lie...I don't mind Ashley at ALL. She plays a damsel in distress, which is her role. That's EXACTLY what she's supposed to be, so she doesn't annoy me at all.

AgentZero

I won't lie...I don't mind Ashley at ALL. She plays a damsel in distress, which is her role. That's EXACTLY what she's supposed to be, so she doesn't annoy me at all.
Wait, so the fact that she's supposed to be annoying, it doesn't annoy you?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Wait, so the fact that she's supposed to be annoying, it doesn't annoy you?
She's not supposed to be annoying...She's supposed to be a wuss, damsel, that always needs help. She's not SUPPOSED to be a cool character, and that fact that she's so lame is why people hate her...Well, when a character is designed FOR that purpose. To be SO lame that protecting her is your WHOLE driving force behind the game, then it doesn't bother me at all...

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
She's not supposed to be annoying...She's supposed to be a wuss, damsel, that always needs help. She's not SUPPOSED to be a cool character, and that fact that she's so lame is why people hate her...Well, when a character is designed FOR that purpose. To be SO lame that protecting her is your WHOLE driving force behind the game, then it doesn't bother me at all...
Yes and it's LOGICAL that "President" daughter doesn't know how to shoot

AgentZero

@ Ada
It is. She already has soo much protection. What doesn't make sense to me, is how Krauser got through so much security to get her.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
@ Ada
It is. She already has soo much protection. What doesn't make sense to me, is how Krauser got through so much security to get her.
Ikr, It doesn't make sense to me either. Hello...i mean She's PRESIDENT's daughter, how could she be that easily kidnapped by Krauser by so many guards around her

-excuse me for my poor English

Top Bottom