• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most Underrated RE Game?

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I've seen plenty of threads about peoples' favorite RE games, but what do you think is the most underrated? I, personally, think Code Veronica is one of the most underrated Resident Evil games of all time. But that's just me. Feel free to list your own opinions here :)

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, its a really good shooter with old RE elements, but i think what went wrong majorly was that people expected it to be more of an old school version of RE2 and RE3. But what makes it amazing is that it has same time of the main series incident and you get to see others POV.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, its a really good shooter with old RE elements, but i think what went wrong majorly was that people expected it to be more of an old school version of RE2 and RE3. But what makes it amazing is that it has same time of the main series incident and you get to see others POV.

I don't think REORC was canon though. But still, I see why you like it :)

zombinater007

Code Veronica is the most underated with Operation Raccoon City near second. Many people didnt like both games but I thought they were great and I liked that they included a what if scenario for OP Raccoon since you have a choice to either save or kill a popular character in the Resident Evil Universe, which i thought was really awesome!

weskerondope

i have to say revelations
but thats cause not many people have a 3ds,
but i think its faaar from the best game, however the multiplayer mode is awesome

MetalGamer2

Survivor
i have to say revelations
but thats cause not many people have a 3ds,
but i think its faaar from the best game, however the multiplayer mode is awesome

Revelations was awesome! But I wouldn't say it was underrated. It recieved positive reviews and sold pretty good considering it was a 3DS title.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Definitely Code Veronica. I think the main fact that it is underrated is because it is not a numbered title even though it is still a 'main' game, so some people consider it a side game even though it continues from the events of RE2.
It's funny that it has the second highest GameRankings rating of the series (behind RE4) but so many people say it is their least favourite game.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
For canon games, I'd have to say that Code Veronica and Nemesis are probably the most underrated. When Code Veronica came out, it was promoted as the true third installment in the series as if to say: Nemesis just never happened, forget that. And still, even to this day Nemesis is overshadowed by the success of Resident Evil 2 and almost never talked/thought about. Then when Code Veronica came out, I think it was so...difficult that it never really caught on but, to be quite honest, I think Code Veronica's difficulty and truly amazing storyline are the reasons I love it. Code Veronica was the perfect way to transition from Raccoon City to another location while still retaining that trapped, hopeless situation feel that, I believe, was lost after the Rockfort Island incident.

For non-canon games, I would have to say Operation Raccoon City and Dead Aim. If Capcom wanted to make Resident Evil a shooting game, Operation Raccoon City was honestly the best way to do it with Dead Aim being a nice stepping stone to get there. Who says you can't having a third person shooter with horror undertones? Not these two titles, that's for sure. Much better than Resident Evil 4 and 5.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
For canon games, I'd have to say that Code Veronica and Nemesis are probably the most underrated. When Code Veronica came out, it was promoted as the true third installment in the series as if to say: Nemesis just never happened, forget that. And still, even to this day Nemesis is overshadowed by the success of Resident Evil 2 and almost never talked/thought about. Then when Code Veronica came out, I think it was so...difficult that it never really caught on but, to be quite honest, I think Code Veronica's difficulty and truly amazing storyline are the reasons I love it. Code Veronica was the perfect way to transition from Raccoon City to another location while still retaining that trapped, hopeless situation feel that, I believe, was lost after the Rockfort Island incident.

On the contrary, I don't think RE3: Nemesis was really forgotten. Certainly, RE2 was more successful, but I still know people who refer to RE3 as one of the best Resident Evil games. Not to mention Nemesis went down in history as one of the scariest video game enemies to have ever existed.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
On the contrary, I don't think RE3: Nemesis was really forgotten. Certainly, RE2 was more successful, but I still know people who refer to RE3 as one of the best Resident Evil games. Not to mention Nemesis went down in history as one of the scariest video game enemies to have ever existed.
And I know quite a few people who didn't even know Nemesis existed until signing up for this site, not to mention how many complaints and 'I hate' threads riddle the Nemesis portion of the forums.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
And I know quite a few people who didn't even know Nemesis existed until signing up for this site, not to mention how many complaints and 'I hate' threads riddle the Nemesis portion of the forums.

Really? That's interesting. I've never really heard of anyone who disliked it before coming here XD

weskerondope

not the mention resident evil 3 was pretty much the only game adapted into a real movie
i personally like resi 3 more than resi 2

L

Lurker
In all honesty, I don't see how you guys are saying ORC. I played 10 minutes of it until I realized it sucked. I've barely touched the game sense. The cover system sucked, everything took too many shots, and snipers were overpowered.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I like ORC for its atmosphere (Raccoon City). Everything else about it disappointed me, greatly. But I would go with... Resident Evil Outbreak. More people should have played it, and I blame Capcom's lack of support of the Outbreak games, especially the second one, for its shortcomings. Outbreak could have been big.

weskerondope

i have to say ORC had great potential, but there was just to many things that dissapointed me
for instance
multiplayer limitid to online, cause i like split screen and system link since it allows me to be in the same room as my fellow gamers
and also that 99 percent of the enemies in the game where soldiers
resident evil is about killing stuff thats allready dead, and not living things

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
In honesty, the Outbreak games. They were ahead of their time with the online stuff, and it dented the games playability. A lot of people who played it didn't get the experience it was made for. If there was a remake of those games now, I honestly reckon they'd be HUGE and well received with how easy it is to play online this gen.

weskerondope

yeah i can imagine the outbreak games being great
i have not played them to much even though i have them both,
but since i have the pal versions the first outbreak game never had any multiplayer at all,
and as for the second the servers where down by the time i bought it,
but i do love the old school games, and outbreak file 2 was the last old school resident evil ever made
unfortunatly

Top Bottom