• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mortal Kombat Reboot AND RE Reboot Have Same Writer

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Morning Team!

I just got finished reading an article stating that the Mortal Kombat Reboot movie and the Resident Evil Reboot movie will have the same screenwriter. A guy by the name of Greg Russo. I looked him up and couldn't find anything else on his iMDB. But maybe that means he has no bad writing habits? He must have proved himself in some way to be attached to big names like these.

Here is the article for your perusal: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mortal-kombat-movie-casts-its-sonya-kano-and-more/1100-6469404/

I suppose that if the MK movie ends up being good, we can go into the RE Reboot with higher hopes.

Ark2000

Well, first thing first, based on latest news, it's pretty much confirmed that Russo's script won't be used for Resident Evil reboot, and that they will probably go with story pitch by Johannes Roberts. And maybe this is not a bad thing. I'll just say this, while i have Russo's 2016 draft of Mortal Kombat, i only skipped through it once long ago and don't remember anything about it, other than how i really didn't care for it, and everyone else i know who read this script hated it and they all said how it was god awful. There are at least five other writers credited on it before Russo, but it doesn't mean that he was just trying to polish a turd and couldn't make it work.

But i would still like to check out his Resident Evil script before saying for sure that we maybe dodged a bullet which would again destroy any chances for good movie adaptation. Unfortunately it's not available anywhere at this time, just like his script for movie adaptation of F.E.A.R.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well, Ark2000, that was super informative. I would love the opportunity to help these guys out in any way I can.

What these writers really need is to be generous with their love of the source material. If they just took the script for the REmake and adapted it for the big screen, they can get away with some gnarly stuff!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Ark2000 just sent me the MK script and it was not great. It did not reflect the source material like it should have. It wasn't terrible. But it wasn't even as good as the original movie. Yikes.

Top Bottom