• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Melee System

RegeneratorHater24

I was watching the PAX Day 2 on Xplay today and it was showing clips from RE5. I guess you actually can punch now. Not like the 'Press A' type like they did for RE4 on gamecube, because when he punched one of the not-zombies it didn't have anything saying 'Press ---', it was just like a normal move that you can do freely. Capcom also said that the control scheme that is being developed will be similar to Gears of War. They might also change the 'stop and shoot' aspect to more of a 'run and gun'.

RegeneratorHater24

Yeah I like Capcom's idea too. I don't think using some of the controls like they have in Gears of war would be that different from RE4.

Cousintony

yea it looksa as its not going to be like. let me bottle myself and kill EVERYONE. This game is like holy **** lets get the **** outta here.

Turok117

There was no HUD in the vid, so maybe when you shoot an enemy in the face/flashbomb him then you can do that... kind of like the kick in Resi 4.

3d-agent

It would be more fun if the player can Use punches and kicks to fight in very crowded situations, or at least doge and push( like in RE-3), this will make knife attack more fun, and help in reload time, and of course so the Chris can use his muscular body as well instead of relying on the guns. It would be alot of fun. :)

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Slow motion punching!

Chris: Gah! Too many!
Ben Kenobi: use the force Chris.
Chris: Use the what??
Ben: You haven't seen Star Wars!? I banish you to gah! *Gets eaten*
Chris: Oh, right! Neo's got nothing on me.

A_Wesker123

The Original
If you can Punch just normally without first staggering your opponent (like in Re4 with the kick etc) then that would be AWESOME! :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Resi Evil 4 Controls just re-vamped it sounds. Those capcom game developers know what there doing, I hope.

Top Bottom