• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Marvin Branagh

How do you want Marvin to return?

• He should interact with Jill and the other police officers

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • He should interact with Jill only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He should interact with Jill only, but remain wounded lying on the floor

• He should remain unconscious on the floor, not talking

• He shouldn't be in the game at all

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Are we going to see his role expanded in this remake, just like with RE2? I don't see why not. I think it would be a huge missed opportunity not to have him partially conscious during Jill's visit to the RPD, especially since they already have his character model for the RE Engine. It would also help bridge the two remakes together even more by having a character model appear the exact same way in both games.

Story-wise, it wouldn't break anything. I could actually see Jill interact with all of the remaining police officers before they die at the RPD, including Elliot Edward and David Ford. Perhaps she would even consider helping them with finding the secret underground passage before Nemesis surprises everyone and starts chasing Jill away.

So far though, we haven't seen Marvin in any promotional material for the RE3 remake, except for this fake image made by some idiot who really sucks at photoshop:

fakere3.png

Spoiler: I made it.

D

Deleted member 21244

Are we going to see his role expanded in this remake, just like with RE2? I don't see why not. I think it would be a huge missed opportunity not to have him partially conscious during Jill's visit to the RPD, especially since they already have his character model for the RE Engine. It would also help bridge the two remakes together even more by having a character model appear the exact same way in both games.

Story-wise, it wouldn't break anything. I could actually see Jill interact with all of the remaining police officers before they die at the RPD, including Elliot Edward and David Ford. Perhaps she would even consider helping them with finding the secret underground passage before Nemesis surprises everyone and starts chasing Jill away.

So far though, we haven't seen Marvin in any promotional material for the RE3 remake, except for this fake image made by some idiot who really sucks at photoshop:

fakere3.png

Spoiler: I made it.
Marvin was actually in the original re 3 lying unconscious, so it's pretty sure he will happear in re 3 remake

Also they can show how he was wounded
But it's hard to imagine why jill let Marvin and the other cops in fhe police station instead of helping them and taking them whit her
Also why are the police officer like David and Marvi and Elliott trying to get into the underground passagge in the police main hall when Carlos and tyrell safely enter the police station by the main gate? It's weird, especially if Jill will get to the police station and leave Marvin and the other searching for the underground passage while she left from the main entrance

Also It happear that they changed the story by not let all the cops dying at the start in the original, so we can also see the police last stand during gameplay and maybe Marvin being hit there abd taking shelter in the police station

Last edited by a moderator:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Based on the trailers, which show Carlos and his men approaching the RPD, I have a suspicion that Jill may not even go there this time around, and it will be a part of Carlos's playable section instead. I hope she does, though, and that she also interacts with Marvin in some capacity, because it would be interesting to see him and the police station through the eyes of someone who used to work there with him.

No idea how exactly his role would play out, I don't really have a preference either, but the game could easily ramp up the drama (in a good way) by showing us how he got his fatal injury. There's somehing ominous about the way he tells Leon (or was it Claire?) not to hesitate when it comes to killing or running from zombies, no matter who they once were, which makes me think he might have made that mistake himself, and that's why he's dying.

Jonipoon

I noticed that Carlos says "Stars office has to be this way" in the trailer too, but I don't think that excludes Jill from entering the RPD. She obviously won't be entering the RPD just to get a lockpick this time though, so it's possible that they're switching things around with Carlos being the one exploring the RPD instead. But that's just assuming this part with Carlos will be playable.

However, the first time Carlos meets Jill in this remake will be out on the street with him helping her get on her feet, which chronologically would happen after Carlos was searching for Stars office. It's all very speculative of course.

The destroyed walls we see inside the RPD in RE2 remake has to mean something, otherwise they wouldn't be there. And now when we know that both remakes has been in development at the same time, it's safe to assume that it's not just an easter egg anymore. This means that Jill will be hunted by Nemesis throughout the RPD, hence the destroyed walls in RE2. I could be wrong of course, but the odds are low.

D

Deleted member 21244

I noticed that Carlos says "Stars office has to be this way" in the trailer too, but I don't think that excludes Jill from entering the RPD. She obviously won't be entering the RPD just to get a lockpick this time though, so it's possible that they're switching things around with Carlos being the one exploring the RPD instead. But that's just assuming this part with Carlos will be playable.

However, the first time Carlos meets Jill in this remake will be out on the street with him helping her get on her feet, which chronologically would happen after Carlos was searching for Stars office. It's all very speculative of course.

The destroyed walls we see inside the RPD in RE2 remake has to mean something, otherwise they wouldn't be there. And now when we know that both remakes has been in development at the same time, it's safe to assume that it's not just an easter egg anymore. This means that Jill will be hunted by Nemesis throughout the RPD, hence the destroyed walls in RE2. I could be wrong of course, but the odds are low.
In a video from YouTube it was shown that Carlos find jill in front of the rpd street

Also in the trailer we se Carlos in the rpd station calling for jill trought the phone so its likely that Jill and Carlos got separated
The stars office is near those destroyed wall we see in re 2, so probably we see what happened whit Carlos

Jonipoon

Well, he's back (and standing at gunpoint) as evidenced by the new trailer revealed at the end of the demo:

Ca 0:44

It feels great to have Marvin back in yet again a more fleshed out role, it really helps bridging RE2 and RE3 together. I wonder what his role will be this time? Who is he pointing the gun at? Why does he say sorry? So many questions...

Mr.R

Just waiting for a big cuffle when something about Marvin's role in this game contradicts something on Outbreak File 2 and I'll just look up and say "Here we go again..."

(I think, actually, that this game will show how Marvin was injured, as we find him in RE2 Remake, probably contradicting the Desperate Times scenario ending in Outbreak File 2, which I really don't mind but...)

Jonipoon

Is it bad that this was the most exciting part of the demo trailer for me? As soon as I saw him I was so excited!
Seeing Kendo was pretty exciting too, although that was more foreseeable.

@Mr.R Perhaps its just my imagination, but judging from the way he stands he already looks injured in the trailer. Granted I haven't played Outbreak File 2 yet but since they're stretching out the story of RE3 remake perhaps we will see a reimagined version of Desperate Times in this one?

And, if I have to take a wild guess, Marvin is perhaps pointing the gun at one of his fellow officers about to turn into a zombie.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Jonipoon Given that Marvin didn't know about the secret passage in the statue in RE2 remake, it's doubtful they're reimagining Desperate Times. (Though I would be totally open to that!)

I wonder if we'll get the Marvin DLC we wanted so badly in RE2 in this game though... That would be nice.

Mr.R

Well, we don't know what they'll do or if they're gonna injure Marvin on this game, but it's possible that Jill will meet not only him, but maybe even a couple of other cops, since the day after, when Leon and Claire entered there, there was at least Marvin and the other cop alive. Although I think @Magnolia Grandiflora is right, since Marvin is not sure about the passage, this pretty much rules out the reimagining of Desperate Times either (plus, I think that, just like the original, we won't spend too much time on the RPD, which is actually a good thing, I want more of that marvelous destroyed town xD)

We'll need to wait and see, but that's okay, we're almost theeeeeere!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I honestly think we'll spend more time in the RPD as Carlos than anything. In all the trailers I've only ever seen him and Tyrell in the RPD and it seems like they might have been there for a little bit. Possibly a temporary base of operations before the subway?

Since all survivors in the city were supposed to convene there it makes sense that the UBSC would go there.

Top Bottom