• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Level One players & Capcom

Should level ones be able to play online versus?

• Total voters

JessMezz566

Hey guys.

As a level 98 and gamer, I really cannot stand when a level one come into versus and has no clue what they are doing. It bothers me to the point where I just don't even want to play. Playing with players of lower skill than my squad mates and I , kind of ruins the challenge.

I think there really should be an update that doesn't allow any levels below 60 to join an online versus game.

Adding to this, I am really upset with capcom, because of the fact that the originality factor of the Resident Evil series was ruined by this game - DON'T GET ME WRONG HERE - I do enjoy ORC to the fullest extent, but I am not happy that capcom is trying to compete with the new age games such as Call Of Duty.

I am NOT a hipster by any means, the only way I can explain this is that the TRUE Resident Evil fans will understand and support this rant of mine. I understand money and "Keeping up with the times" but WHY try to emulate such an awful, disgusting and testosterone filled game such as Call Of Duty.(<--- This is my PERSONAL opinion, don't jump on me, because I respect your opinion, and expect some respect of mine.)

I do play ORC a lot with my buddy The HTC Mobile - but as a gamer I respect the campaign (as awfuly short and lacking it may be) - and do expect "True Gamers" to play through the games campaign before attempting any versus matches.

All have to say really is that, Orginality is dead, and I hope Resident Evil 6 will come through for me, and many other members of the gaming community.

JessMezz566

its a game they payed cash for they can play it anyway they want to

I never said they HAD to play the game a specific way. I said in my eyes as my own OPINION - they should wait until they are at least a level 60 and kind of know what they are doing.

- And, I respect your opinion, because you ARE right, they did pay cash for the game, and they CAN play however they want.

Some Nights

No Shape
I'm not totally sure how this works since I haven't played ORC much yet but correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe better matchmaking would be more appropriate than just not allowing new people to play? For example someone who is level 1 is more likely to be put in a match with people level 1-20 than 20+.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Yh its all a matter of the matchmaking system but then again I doubt there are enough players playing it for the matchmaking to actually work good enough if it did.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I agree with Albert, people of the same rank are usually matched together but ORC isn't being played much anymore and if you're still playing, you'll probably be put with newcomers in versus mode simply because everyone else is playing the RE6 demo or some other game. (I can only assume this is the case since, when I was playing ORC, I never had this problem; I was always paired with people who were close to my rank.)

As for your ORC rant, it's pretty contradictory to do some serious downing on the game that, in the next breath, you claim to enjoy to the fullest extent and continue to play when most people are playing newer games and what not. I'd also like to add that ORC, in no way shape or form, was meant to be a Resident Evil installment or stay true to the originality of the series - which just so happened to be lost with Resident Evil 4 so people should be used to it by now - and, for that matter, was never promoted as such. This title has always been said to be a side game that went back to Raccoon City but like you've never seen Resident Evil before.

It amazes me that ORC never claimed to be, and even prided itself on not being, some classic Resident Evil title yet people were still severely disappointed that it wasn't. Did you think they were lying?

zombinater007

I disagree. I played the game at a friends before I bought it myself for the PS3. Since I knew the controls I started versus at level one and did a pretty good job. My only complaint would be people camping the spawn so when enemies spawn they do not get a chance to do much. Although I would recommend that new people would play the campaign so that they could get used to the controls and maybe level up their characters and get better guns. It was horrible when I played my first match with the default assault rifle when I keep getting mowed down by the MOB Special

Moh'd tahavic

No I disagree !

First of all
i'm pretty sure that you've started beneath level 30. 2- if you really ****ed off from such thing they made an option for you CALLED PRIVATE MATCH so you could play with all of your level 98 friends :)
3- i've started when i was level 24 and i was good i knew the weapons the
abilities etc.
i didn't get a high XP i got between 500-700XPS.
4- what if i got my ps3 broken and i fixed it but all the data were deleted if they did what you've said i would do it all over again from 0, other people may not do that they could stop playing it because of that.
5- I would really like to see you're face while you laughing when someone leveled one defeat you after you wrote that:D ..
cause i've been there lol !:oops:

DarkJackal

Of course they should. Its ridiculous to think otherwise.

ORC and other games with multiplayer like this are hardly mmos, and have things worth making someone wait to lvl up for >.>.

If anything perhaps a system that prioritizes higher levels with other higher levels, but if they can't be found it shouldn't not make the match.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I have no idea how companies sort out their servers with regards to player ranks and for some games I have played online, yes, there is a distinct need for some sense involved and not sticking some poor new person in with a load of online veterans and expecting them not to get moaned at.

That said, everyone has to start somewhere with a game. To exclude those who are not at a certain level from accessing online play is kind of elitist, in my view. As someone who is a shockingly bad gamer, I would have to disagree heartily and say that instead, the servers on games where things are clearly badly balanced need sorting.

On a general note, people seem to take online gaming incredibly seriously and that, for me, takes the fun out of the game itself. No one likes being kicked, insulted or team-killed because they aren't deemed "good enough" to play and it's all a bit like being back in a children's playground. There are some games which offer the chance to practice through a map so people can familiarise themselves with the layout - I think this is a feature which would benefit from being standard in ALL online map-based games.

Oh and OH MY GOSH I am so sick of people saying "true gamer". There is NO such thing. The sooner people get their heads around that, the easier it will be for everyone.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
It would be nice for new comers to play online, you have to beat 'Campaign' first. At least 'A' rank or something reasonable.

Top Bottom