• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Latest purchases thread

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm a thrift store rat, so I don't like to bog down this thread with just my purchases. However, this might be my most on-topic post in many months.
Might have to give this a critical viewing... and I know trailers lie to sell entertainment, but I did not like that first trailer in the slightest.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I bought RE Welcome to Raccoon City and The Matrix Resurrections on 4K. Haven't watched The Matrix yet.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
It's been a while since my last update, so I have a LOT to unravel.

These are my latest PS5 purchases. I got Deathloop and Immortals for Black Friday, Scarlet Nexus for Christmas and GT7, Elden Ring and Horizon within the last few weeks, and yes, I got the Collector's Editions of Guardians and Horizon.

lEMadse.jpg

I also pre-ordered House of the Dead: Remake-Limidead Edition off Amazon yesterday for the Switch (thought I'd mention that since we all love our zombie fix in these parts):

FNnx_yNXEAIMMpd

Still deciding whether I should use the Joy Con controls or buy the light gun peripheral for it.

I also got this awesome starlight projector off Amazon 2 1/2 months ago. Watching movies just got a whole lot better on my OLED TV, provided I watch at night at least (I watched Event Horizon with it last night):

b1dE5jC.jpg

I also ordered a Sonic 30th Anniversary shirt off Amazon a few days ago, it should be arriving tomorrow judging by tracking:

7NyoUst.jpg

Latest blu-rays:

1K2Sk7E.jpg

Latest reading materials (I got The Judge's List for Christmas):

VW9DY8H.jpg

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I finally did something I surprisingly never got around to doing despite me being the movie fanatic I am: I ordered a bunch of movie posters for my room. They are as follows:

51aKGqXVhUL._AC_SL1050_.jpg

71PfZFFz9yL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

55cea2691f42048d74ea7a4f39b7afa1_480x.progressive.jpg

61SyV8e9jaL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

817wcQuhI-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71Jazc-7zWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

81M+zDPaxhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71lLF1OKwLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I also got me a Resi poster:

il_1140xN.3229369666_hdb6.jpg

Ikawaru

61XYvHE.png

I'm $80 in the hole now, just to spite Microsoft for giving me a crappy one that broke down on me (first time that's ever happened!). It will arrive on the 5th and I really hope this was worth it...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Been a while since I've posted here. Might have to make a couple of posts to cover everything from the last 7-8 months since the rest is mostly games and TMNT Neca stuff which has gotten out of control. So I'll just start with some of the more unique items for the time being.

Starting with a favorite of mine. I know WB and DC have been pretty terrible lately. But I gotta give them huge props for still supporting physical media despite entering the streaming wars with HBO Max. I honestly wish more cartoons and TV series would get this kind of treatment, but unfortunately Disney clearly has no intention of ever releasing awesome shows like X-Men or Spider-Man so long as Disney+ is around to keep them hostage. I missed the boat with the Justice League series way back when and they're quite pricey still, so I'm holding out hope that they'll be re-released and repackaged in this type of format some day. Now if only Nickelodeon can get their sh*t together and release TMNT 2K3 on Blu-Ray.
RhrA8aB.jpg

Speaking of, I've been anticipating this book for I think 2 years now. Been holding off for the hardcover which arrived earlier this month. Already read it, still digesting it. Not sure how I feel about the ending or what it's setting up exactly. Overall though, I thought it was a really interesting story with very familiar elements and a clear inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns. The fact that Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman had this story locked away for over 30 years is fascinating, especially with how similar it is to the episode Same as it Never Was from the 2003 series.
6VwmOgp.jpg

My nephew has been getting these toys for a while now and is actually the reason I got into collecting the Sonic figures. I've always thought they looked pretty cool but I didn't want to go overkill either so I've always intended on just getting Mario and Luigi for some Mario Bros. representation on my shelf but I could never find them together and didn't really much feel up to the hunt. After seeing one or the other for a while, I finally decided to strike and ended up finding the other one not too long after.
g6f7W1T.jpg

Pre-ordered this last year and got it sometime in January. Haven't been able to bring myself to open it despite wanting to display CE Chief on my shelf. But the packaging is just so clean and CE Chief is apparently getting a solo release later. I already have an opened Infinite Chief, so I guess I'll just leave these boxed.
MEpiEhq.jpg

I almost quit this line after getting lucky early last year and finding Sonic, Tails, Shadow, and Metal Sonic in one shot because I literally haven't been able to find anything else because the Sonic and Mario sections are always barren at Target and Wal-Mart. I got a lot luckier this year though with some of the newer waves, but I still missed out on Rouge and til this day still haven't been able to find Knuckles which just makes the whole thing feel incomplete tbh. It's Sonic & Knuckles ffs. :LOL:
E7MsIQO.jpg

And finally, I am a new owner of a PS5. Honestly wasn't planning on getting one until some kind of revision but Target made it very easy to obtain over the weekend. It was so weird. But I also did get rid of my PS4 last year to get the maximum value off of it while I still could since the PS5 can basically do everything the PS4 could. So I have been missing having a Playstation around to knock off some of my backlog.
dgDm3Gf.jpg

Ikawaru

Not gaming, movie, geek related but

NGqHQiz.jpg

Vulcan S by Kawasaki. Affordable, efficient, and powerful, it's perfect for traveling around your area but not across country, you'll need a bigger higher CC engine for that, along with saddlebags and good riding skills. Perhaps a few years from now.

Also bought some new gear: Helmet, Leather jacket with elbow pads, goatskin gloves, jeans laced with mesh and kneepads, along with some leather boots.

Feels great to be back on the road! Something about these Asian bikes that cater to an American audience that I love, also reflected in my fandom to Resident Evil (Made in Japan with an American audience in mind).

Can't wait until Chinese bikes hit the market in force. Just like their video games, they are starting to show a lot of potential but they have some years to go before they start to really shake up the global market with top quality state of the art products. I'll be the first to sport a Chinese cruiser in USA once they do.

Last edited:

SpaceOwlHoot

Not gaming, movie, geek related but

NGqHQiz.jpg

Vulcan S by Kawasaki. Affordable, efficient, and powerful, it's perfect for traveling around your area but not across country, you'll need a bigger higher CC engine for that, along with saddlebags and good riding skills. Perhaps a few years from now.

Also bought some new gear: Helmet, Leather jacket with elbow pads, goatskin gloves, jeans laced with mesh and kneepads, along with some leather boots.

Feels great to be back on the road! Something about these Asian bikes that cater to an American audience that I love, also reflected in my fandom to Resident Evil (Made in Japan with an American audience in mind).

Can't wait until Chinese bikes hit the market in force. Just like their video games, they are starting to show a lot of potential but they have some years to go before they start to really shake up the global market with top quality state of the art products. I'll be the first to sport a Chinese cruiser in USA once they do.
That is sexy. What size engine is in it?

Ikawaru

That is sexy. What size engine is in it?

649cc, it's effectively a Ninja but built to suit a Cruiser, so it's the best of both worlds. Definitely needs some modifications starting with the seat (I'm in agonizing pain after 2 hours of riding, ouch!) but all-in-all, considering the price tag, you could not ask for more bang for your buck, riding (accelerating, steering, leaning) is virtually effortless which is in itself kinda dangerous, as you could lose focus on your surroundings if you get too comfortable! xD

Ikawaru

Why is 649cc not good enough for cross country?

Well, there are people who cross country on 250cc bikes, but you have to be willing to accept vibrating handlebars and engine stability when constantly doing highway speeds on bikes that weren't designed to "go the distance", which is not something I wish to risk, because I take my riding way too seriously (hence why I never crashed or dropped a bike ever).

So yeah, once I get a Vulcan Vaquero (1700cc Kawasaki Tourer), which comes with all the gadgets, components, and logistical necessities like saddlebags and huge gas tanks, I shall venture further, perhaps all the way across the U.S.

Right now I'm more than happy being local and commuting around the region.

I guess I'm a Kawasaki Vulcan fanboy now, because I can't imagine riding anything else now.

SaddlerFan

My latest purchase is a Los Iluminados hoodie, combined with a Los Iluminados baseball cap. I love me some (indirect) Lord Saddler merchandise. :LOL:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Got this fascinating "tome" yesterday. I've been curious on Junji Ito's work in the horror genre for a long time, but I never actually read any of his stories until now. While this book only contains a few of his selected stories, I thought it'd be a good starting point. I finished it in a few hours and I must say that it was a mixed bag. He's a great visionary and the artwork is stunning, but most stories are more weird/strange rather than scary. The only story to send actual shivers down my neck was "Fashion Model", although "The Long Dream" was quite creepy as well. Perhaps the stories are simply too short for my taste, and I need longer build-up and tension to get genuinely scared. Perhaps I should check out some of his longer work like "Uzumaki" or "Tomie".

SHIVER%2BCover.jpg

shortround

I picked up code veronica X for ps2 for $12, and RE1 Director's Cut for PSX for $35. I was bidding on RE3 for PS1 also but got outbid

Ikawaru

4bv0mse.jpg

Merry f****** X-mas to me! My winter companion for hopefully at least two years xD.

Geforce 3070 TI (GPU)
Ryzen 7 6800H (CPU)
32 GB DDR5 4800 (RAM)
2 TB SSD (Hard Drive)
1080p 165hz (Display/Monitor)

Hurt the bank but didn't break it.

Last edited:

Ikawaru

How good is it with handling the heat?

After monitoring the GPU temperature under load, it peaks at about 75 degrees celsius. Hot for sure, but not Red Alert. That is with stock configuration, if I manually set the fan speed to run at 100% at all times, it'll probably hover around the 60's. You're trading temps for annoying noise though.

Ikawaru

Sorry to double tap but! I just used MSI Afterburner and cranked up the core clock by +220MHz and the memory clock by +395MHz, the result:

qeYm1IO.png

And very stable with about 98% consistency after giving it a stress test. It does get rather hot though at about 85 degrees celsius, but again not Red Alert, as modern GPU's can take a beating Really unprecedented for a laptop. @Frag Maniac how does your 1080Ti stack up on the FFXV benchmark at 1080p High? Feeling rather competitive atm. :p

Frag Maniac

Sorry to double tap but! I just used MSI Afterburner and cranked up the core clock by +220MHz and the memory clock by +395MHz, the result:

qeYm1IO.png

And very stable with about 98% consistency after giving it a stress test. It does get rather hot though at about 85 degrees celsius, but again not Red Alert, as modern GPU's can take a beating Really unprecedented for a laptop. @Frag Maniac how does your 1080Ti stack up on the FFXV benchmark at 1080p High? Feeling rather competitive atm. :p

I don't have a 1080 Ti, it's a EVGA GTX 1080 SC. I've also never played or taken interest in Final Fantasy.

If you want to compete at something else though, I'll give you a heads up after my rig is upgraded. I have my eye on a i7-13700K, RTX 4090, and 32 GB DDR5 6400 RAM. Truth be told though it will most likely be a CPU, MB, RAM, Case, PSU upgrade, then as much as a year later, the 4090, so don't hold your breath. LOL

Ikawaru

I don't have a 1080 Ti, it's a EVGA GTX 1080 SC. I've also never played or taken interest in Final Fantasy.

If you want to compete at something else though, I'll give you a heads up after my rig is upgraded. I have my eye on a i7-13700K, RTX 4090, and 32 GB DDR5 6400 RAM. Truth be told though it will most likely be a CPU, MB, RAM, Case, PSU upgrade, then as much as a year later, the 4090, so don't hold your breath. LOL

Ha, the benchmark is actually a free download here.

I really hope you have a nice 4k 120hz or 144hz monitor to go with that 4090 or you're just wasting cash, but yeah, no way I can compete with that $1600 beast, that's like an 18 wheeler with nitro turbo jets to my classic sports car.

Top Bottom