• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Latest purchases thread

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I was disappointed when I recieved what seems to be the Canadian verision, but aside from some French text on the box, it's virtually the same thing as the US version and I'm definitely not gonna get a better deal for a brand new copy like this one so it's whatever. I'm just glad I've been able to enjoy this show again and have it in physical form.
Yeah, it's rare that Canada gets an entirely different release of something, it's usually identical to the US release unless you're really anal about French on your Blu-rays, I guess.

Anyhoo my latest $5 CD purchase:

Kub3kMj.jpg

The Doobie Brothers - Best Of The Doobies
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King
Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album)
Miles Davis - The Best Of Miles Davis
Paul McCartney - All The Best! (UK variant)
Pet Shop Boys - Behaviour.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
We just bought a Roomba iRobot 3 and it is super efficient. We named him Smart House I call him my favorite child whenever I see him running. That is mostly so the dogs know there CAN be a favorite and they have to fight for my love. The cat (Meep) would never care anyway.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Just got back from vacation with the fiancee and best friend. Went to Indy PopCon. And I spent WAY too much money. On the list of purchased items was:
- A wearable replica of Captain Rex's helmet
- Godzilla and Ninja Turtles wall art from original artists
- Dungeons & Dragons themed tea set
- Various voice actor autographs (Billy West, Jim Cummings, and Rob Paulsen)

But the crowning jewel...the purchase I'm the most proud of...is this video below. For context, I bought this poster when I was 17. My daughter was born when I was 19. It says "Say No to Drugs, say Yes to Pizza." It's been above every crib, bed, and sleeping area since her birth. I wanted her to grow up with it to subconsciously teach her to say no to drugs. Not only did he sign it for her...But he gave her a heartwarming, moving speech. All we asked is if he'd tell her "Say no to drugs say yes to pizza." Something that would take 5 seconds tops. But instead he did this...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Rob Paulsen seems like a nice guy. You see him everywhere because of all of the voices he did for The Turtles franchise and then Animaniacs, but he just seems like a good dude. That was a long message and he seemed to love doing it. Great share!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Picked up Skyward Sword HD and the Skyward Sword themed joy cons. Unfortunately, Nintendo is gonna make me jump through hoops for the amiibo.
ABzrT8X.jpg

Found these games for really cheap too and decided why not. Could be fun games in co-op and I've heard good things about Remnant which has gotten pretty rare for some reason.
AttPcHM.jpg

Also stopped by a local retro game store and picked up some childhood games and found the elusive Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on 360 without the Platinum Hits box. And I know they recently released the remastered Ninja Gaiden trilogy, but those apparently feature the neutered PS3 Sigma versions of Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 and I hear Ninja Gaiden 2 on modern Xbox consoles is the definitive version as it is completely devoid of all the technical issues it had on 360 due to its backwards compatibility enhancements. Plus, Team Ninja did say they lost some of the source code for the original two games so I made out pretty good paying 10 bucks for it. I think the digital version on the Microsoft Store goes for way more too.
JL9TaVd.jpg

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
A Ninja food processor with auto IQ.

Mock if you will, but this is my new favourite kitchen gadget.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
It's finally here, after 9 long months of dealing with scalpers and 4 days after placing my order, my PS5 is finally in my possession:

kTOe7J6.jpg

I traded in Spider-Man: Miles Morales for Returnal because I already have it on PS4 with a free next-gen upgrade available and had $20 in rewards handy, so I got Destruction All-Stars for free at GameStop.

I also got the new Stephen King book the other day, enjoying it thus far:

ZwzJ9wO.jpg

Turo602

The King of Kings
So I went a little crazy on retro game hunting these past couple of months. Prices are getting really stupid but I still managed alright. Gamecube games of any kind are a rarity and the really good games have all skyrocketed in price, so I was lucky to find any. I even originally bought Mario Kart: Double Dash for 90 bucks but found an even better copy on eBay for 60, which it used to go for pre-COVID.

I've also given up on being platform specific with certain titles. For instance, we used to have Gauntlet on Gamecube, and as much as I'd like to get it back for Gamecube, prices have just been ridiculous so I settled paying 25 for it on PS2. Funnily enough, I later saw it going for 75 on PS2 at another store. And don't even get me started on survival horror games...
jIgwO8P.jpg
ZkZ6kWV.jpg
ajzSIFU.jpg

For some reason Walmart seems to be the only ones who carry these repackaged Rockstar games for the Xbox One and I couldn't resist. Never had Bully before and I skipped on San Andreas in the past because it only ever released physically on 360 with a platinum hits box.
yCc0xLx.jpg

I also got extremely lucky and found a rare TMNT restock at Target with my brothers and we cleaned them out. There was even a guy lurking behind us at the NECA section who just completely f*cking missed out and walked up to disappointment as soon as we walked away. :LOL:
rVRP3hW.jpg
G6PllZw.jpg

dROuap6.jpg
WYHCIly.jpg

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Tickets for Bill Bailey in January, dinner for 6 and school stuff for the younger kids

Turo602

The King of Kings
Latest purchases since like October.

Went all out with Metroid: Dread. Even found another set of amiibo and bought it just to have one sealed.
gPhnRoH.jpg

And these games were so unnecessarily hard to find back in October. Hell, til this day I still don't see them in stores. Had Alan Wake pre-ordered and just never got it. For some reason, you can only find these online it seems.
5dIAf7J.jpg

Got these during Black Friday.
u8d6Osj.jpg

Yn9p9zq.jpg

Also got lucky recently and managed to score one of these. They're actually becoming a lot easier to obtain now. At least a hell of a lot easier than the PS5. But the upgrade was definitely worth it. I play quite a lot in handheld and this is such a noticeable improvement. Even got 220 back from trading my old one.
hBMRZgH.jpg

And holy hell did they black ball us with this game. The wait has been grueling, but it was worth it and I had to do it right this time.
2AeoztE.jpg

SpaceOwlHoot

Latest purchases since like October.

Went all out with Metroid: Dread. Even found another set of amiibo and bought it just to have one sealed.
gPhnRoH.jpg

And these games were so unnecessarily hard to find back in October. Hell, til this day I still don't see them in stores. Had Alan Wake pre-ordered and just never got it. For some reason, you can only find these online it seems.
5dIAf7J.jpg

Got these during Black Friday.
u8d6Osj.jpg

Yn9p9zq.jpg

Also got lucky recently and managed to score one of these. They're actually becoming a lot easier to obtain now. At least a hell of a lot easier than the PS5. But the upgrade was definitely worth it. I play quite a lot in handheld and this is such a noticeable improvement. Even got 220 back from trading my old one.
hBMRZgH.jpg

And holy hell did they black ball us with this game. The wait has been grueling, but it was worth it and I had to do it right this time.
2AeoztE.jpg
I'm curious what your full collection looks like

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Just bought Strange Fire by John MacArthur.

Also bought/booked hotel rooms for seeing Sister Act the Musical later this year

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
More CDs. I'm still buying them because for me a happy medium between vinyl and streaming services in large part for their versatility.

S12U877.jpg

Top Bottom