• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Lack of Enemy Types

Masterteo89_

Agree, there could have been more enemy types.

But, on a side note, i'm happy that we do not have to face those damned acid-spitting plants.

On an even more side note, the new plant-zombie monster (and eerie bgm when you face it) is superb. A great addition to the game.

Masterteo89_

Minus their instant-kill attacks.

That's where the hand grenades become your best friend.
Especially to me, because when i reached the lab i had only a few flame rounds.
And as you know, without fire you can't kill those planr-zombies.

Basically, the first half of the lab for me was a huge trial / error / reload.

Finding the best routes to avoid plant-zombies and killing the unavoidable ones.

Quite stressful.

If i'll ever do Claire, i'll remember to use acid rounds on Lickers in the police station, instead of flame rounds.

And i'm a bit ashamed of this blunder i did. I mean, it's 20 years that i play RE games, i know how these games works.

I should have realized that the fact you could not create Flame rounds meant that you were supposed to save them for later in the game.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yes, but the problem is that

1- Claire does not find the flamethrower

2- simply take them down for a while is not enough. I like permanent solutions. (not to mention that a normal man would try to kill a monster, instead of stunning it for a bit, so that it can ambush him later )
In my experience, they don't ambush you later, but that's just my experience. I never had any problems taking them out with the sparkshot on hardcore.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I always used the sparkshot for bosses, kinda hurts me to see someone using it on normal enemies lol
It takes too long to charge it fully for bosses. Kinda hurts me to see someone wasting it.

It's also a great weapon for the G-Spawn that you can't get around. Break their outer shell with a regular weapon and then fully charge a needle once the eye is exposed; immediately pops the eye and they're dead.

mjk321

It takes too long to charge it fully for bosses. Kinda hurts me to see someone wasting it.

It's also a great weapon for the G-Spawn that you can't get around. Break their outer shell with a regular weapon and then fully charge a needle once the eye is exposed; immediately pops the eye and they're dead.
the G-Spawn reacts badly to fire, a flame round or a few puffs from the flamethrower will get them stunned for long enough to go around them

R-Virus

I agree crows were useless ennemies, but I was surprised indeed not to see spiders.

But at the same time, I've always found it weird to see this type of spiders in the sewers of a big city. Those spiders were expected in RE1 because the mansion was in the middle of a forest, where you can find those, but in a urban area it's rarer.

Rats would have been a better and more logical choice, since they were also the first to be contaminated (and responsible for the disaster) in RE2.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
T-virus rats would be super creepy and indeed, super logical.

I think they used this concept in Parasite Eve for the sewer section of the game and the rats there were really creepy as well.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Speaking of rats, what about T-virus cats? That would make sense in an urban setting, too.

eKwz7e4.png

If we get to explore Jill's apartment building in the RE3 remake, I could imagine seeing a few infected cats around there...

Top Bottom