• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

LA Movies, Your Take

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Now, here is a fun idea, if you were to make the Anderson Verse, how would you do it?

A few rules; you can remake any of the movies as you see fit, be it one, a few, or all of them. You cannot exceed the 6 movies, but you can trim them down for your own purposes. Alice still have to be included at least one of the movies, but she is at your mercy. I can't wait to see your ideas, i'll plant my own ideas later

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I wouldn't have nerfed Rain for Alice's sake. I would've killed Alice within the first two films. I wouldn't have so heavily relied on the cloning aspect. I definitely would've showed more respect to my own story as it evolved rather than rushing the films out to keep up with the games (which makes no sense anyway because I don't think the games are closely related enough to be translated into direct movie sequels).

I feel like one of the major downfalls of Anderson's universe is that he's married to Milla. He made so many bad (story) judgement calls because of this. And the second major downfall in my opinion is the blatant lack of sense or cohesion between the films.

I liked the first Resident Evil a lot. It was relatively original, I liked all the original characters and I liked the Hive and it's design. The music was amazing, the acting was ok and it was all around pretty solid. After that I feel like it started getting too big for Anderson to control. He started chasing too many ideas and never really sticking to one. 'Identity crisis' is a term that comes to mind.

I'm not sure of an exact plot I would employ, but if he had approached the rest of the series the way he approached the first movie I may have liked the series as a whole more.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The first RE film was the best film, however - there are a lot of issues with it.

It relies on The Hive and Red Queen being too big of characters in the scenario. I did enjoy it to a degree, but it didn't have a Resident Evil feel to me at all. The zombies themselves are downplayed a lot.

In the film, there are only really two enemies - the zombies, and one single mutated licker that is the final boss of the film. That's not great especially when the games give the films so much opportunity to show off great monster design.

Alice is a fine character in the first film. Apocalypse Alice is the most ridiculous version fighting fist to fist with Nemesis. That took all of the fear out of the film. There was no fear is it at all!

If I had to edit the film series, I would make it much closer to the games. We should start in the Spencer mansion. And if we need a new character, sure, Alice is fine. But let's keep the story as similar to the games as possible without making it a direct copy and paste.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I would've tried to stay as true to the lore of the games as possible. For me though, I feel the main character should be Jill Valentine and noone else.

But first, I would've included a prologue sequence of around 5 minutes taking place in 1966 during Oswall E. Spencer's expedition to Africa with Ashford, Marcus and Bailey. After some quick encounters with snakes and crocodiles which kills some of their other team members, the prologue would then end with them finding the Stairway of the Sun, with a final shot of Spencer touching the flower with with a glorious smile on his face.

Then a montage along with the usual "Random Pictures presents", "A Film by Random Director" would follow, that shows images of the t-Virus being developed back in the states, along with newspaper clips of Umbrella becoming the world's biggest pharmaceutical company, and so on. The montage would end with a "30 years later" text.

After that, the movie would start and pretty much follow the story of the original RE, with some alterations and additions to fit the movie format. For example, I would've first included a scene taking place at the Raccoon City Police Department, where Chief Irons holds a special meeting for Alpha team together with Captain Wesker. This would take place in broad daylight, showing Raccoon City as being vibrant and full of life. This special meeting will be important to establish our characters and their relations, and how close friends they are (especially Jill and Chris) and how they like to joke around with each other. Chief Irons will explain that Bravo team has gone missing up in the Arklay Mountains, and that this information hasn't been revealed to Alpha team until now. It's important to show that both Irons and Wesker DON'T want to rush and investigate their loss of contact right away, and that they have to give it some time before sending a rescue mission since they don't yet know what has happened. But most members of Alpha Team will be reluctant to wait, and will insist on preparing for a mission that same night. I also think it would be interesting to portray Wesker as a non-villain from the start whom is unaware of his origins, instead showing him as being kind and assertive at the same time. Its much more likely that this version of Wesker would be respected by his team members.

Everything will then proceed as normal up until they reach the Spencer Mansion. To make for a more interesting film, I'd place Jill, Chris, Barry and Wesker all together in this scene, before they decide to split up 2 and 2. Wesker will begin to feel strange and have seizures, and say that it feels like the mansion is speaking to him. One way or another, both team-ups will run into trouble and split up as well, and then Jill will be found by Chris. I'd cut out Rebecca from most of the plot, instead focusing on Jill and Chris's friendship, as well a completely new plot involving Wesker finding a source in the mansion that reveals his origins - turning him insane.
There would of course be some focus on the mystery aspect of the game as well, something which I think is vital to the original story. Jill and Chris will find clues leading up the devastating story behind Umbrella and the creation of the virus.

Of course, there will be action too, but I'd limit the action to being more of self defense during scary attacks with zombies suddenly popping up. Then, I would have the Tyrant being released earlier around the film's midpoint, since I think a Terminator-like hunt after Jill and the others through the mansion would make for some very scary and exciting moments. I think team members such as Richard can die during this hunt, to show how dangerous and brutal the Tyrant is. Insane Wesker will of course be an interesting aspect of this part as well, and in one scene near the end he will submit himself to the Tyrant on the grounds of the mansion and be seemingly "killed" by it. Of course, the film's climax will show Jill and Chris with the help of Barry and Rebecca finally defeating the Tyrant and then escaping the mansion in a helicopter, before blowing it up.
The final scene of the film will show an Umbrella helicopter landing near the destroyed mansion, with two soldiers picking up the wounded Wesker and carrying him onto the helicopter where none other than Oswall E. Spencer sits. Once Spencer is told by one soldier that Wesker seems to be alive, Spencer simply replies "Good. We have much work to do" and the movie ends.

That's my take on it. Of course there are many people who would strongly dislike what I did to Wesker's character, but I think this way works better in a film adaptation. Also, I think by telling the story like this it sets up sequels in a much better way.

Last edited:

PinkHerb

Healing Item
ok, I think that this would work as a trilogy...maybe adding in a 4th if i feel like it. I would still have Alice as a main character, but she will have no super powers, no clone BS, no zombie apocalypse, and no incompetence from Umbrella...i hope.

Resident Evil:

Prologue is explaining about what Umbrella is all about, possible from Alice, and about the mysterious deaths in Raccoon Forest, and that she is going to find out what is going on. Title Sequence!!

We are in Raccoon city, and we meet with Alice as we find out she is a investigation Journalist as she has a wall map about the murders and how are they connected to Umbrella. The reason for the connection is because she had an inside man who gave her some info, but disappeared along time ago. The only clue she has is a few pics of the Spencer Mansion and that is where the insideman went to before she lost contact with him. He also gave her info on what they are doing...but the extent is human experimentation since he didn't give her much. In order to solve this mystery, she decides to go to the mansion herself.

Somehow she does...i haven't figured it out, but then she is chased by Cerebes and ends up at the mansion. And what do you know, it just so happen to be when Alpha Team arrives consisting of Jill, Barry, Wesker, maybe Joseph, and Rain...or at least someone like her. Chris won't be in this movie, i'll save him for later. Jill and Barry rescue Alice, and they would have to stick together to survive, at the same time discover the secrets within. Alice would have some skill using a handgun, and help with puzzles since...ya know. There are Zombies, Cerebus, Hunters, and the Tyrant, but will save him for later. The only survivor of Bravo team would be Rebecca and they would find her. As the movie progress, the gang would find clues about the true nature of Umbrella, and Alice would meet with her inside man...who happens to be her boyfriend either zombified or possibly still alive...Lets call him Matt. If he is alive, then he would expose the truth, and also about the Tyrant as he is trying to go down the underground lab to destroy the mansion. They go along with this plan, but Wesker is still the traitor and has blackmailed Barry to help him. He takes them hostage, and shows them the Tyrant. Wesker in this version is very much loyal to the company, or rather Spencer and because of this, he will be greatly rewarded. Barry turns the tables, getting into a one-on-one fight with him being injured but still alive. The Tyrant does escape, and attack the group. Matt dies in this scene, but activates the self destruct button. Wesker...i guess he still let himself get killed or just faked it to escape with a mcguffin, either way, he gets away. Rain ...could sacrifice herself to save the others or she gets to live...but the tyrant is defeated, and they are picked up by Brad. Alice narrates the ending, saying that it isn't over yet.

i'll do the other two later

Last edited:

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Okay, i know this is late, but I have finally come up with a sequel to my first idea!

Resident Evil 2:

We are once again greeted by Alice giving a recap of what happened in the last movie, and gives us an update what she has been up to. It has been a month since the mansion incident, and Alice has been keeping a low profile, but is still trying to expose Umbrella as best as she can. Jill is in the city as well, Rebecca and Barry aren;t in this movie since they moved away some time ago, which means STARS is disbanded. Today is the day we meet with Leon on his first day at the RPD, meeting Jill, Marvin, and also Brian Irons. Jill has a strained relationship with Irons, showing his disdain for her. She is still in contact with Alice on the downlow, as they are focusing on the chief of police being a collaborator with Umbrella.

How does the Oubreak happen? We cut to a Umbrella Board meeting headed by James Marcus. They are talking about the mansion incident and about his former student William Birkin and his G-virus Project. Will is giving his progress report on his virus and James told him that after its completion, which makes Birkin secretly upset and comes up with a secret plan. He contacts his wife Anette ahead of time to take the samples and their daughter out of the city and she does so successfully. There is a secret transport of T-Virus stuff and it crashed, leaking everywhere and infecting the sewer rats and the rats are biting people, turning them into zombies. he outbreak happened, and in movie minutes the city has been placed under quarantine. Alice meets up with Jill and Leon as they survive together. The UBCS and the police failed and Carlos, Mikhail, and Nikolai are the survivors.

William is still in the city, along with James as they didn't leave yet, overseeing the extraction of an important BOW, but also unleashed Nemesis since they have unfinished business with STARS and other people who knows that truth. The gang runs around trying to avoid the Tyrant, and the finale is sort of similar at the ending of Apocalypse. They make it up to the rooftop to try to steal the chopper, but William and James stopped them. Nikolai is still the traitor, he lead the other to this roof. Blah blah, evil speech, Nemesis is sent to kill them, but they escaped, the badguys are dead and our heroes escaped. They are framed as criminals and are on the run.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Here is the third movie i came up with, the Final movie in the trilogy...possibly if I have a suitable idea for a 4th

Resident Evil 3:

Alice once again speaks at the opening narration, recapping the last movie. She is speaking over a scene where we see a car or a jeep driving on the road quickly, as if it has somewhere to be. It stops when cars block the road because of a blockade by the National Guard. The person gets out of the car is Chris Redfield himself. He could see Raccoon City in the far distance on the outskirts of the forest road and he is wading through the people stranded. He wants to go in there, but he is blocked by the guards preventing him and others to pass. Dawn has set in, and that when the missiles drop on the city, destroying it completely. The people on the road are far enough to be safe from the blast and the shockwave, but they watched the city in fear and some of them even cries in despair. Chris is especially has it worse, as he could only helplessly watch and is shouting someone's name in grief-Jill.

Some time has passed since the Raccoon City incident, Both James and Will is dead, the Nemesis Tyrant is eliminated, and the G-Virus is lost...or so they thought. Umbrella believes that Alice, Jill, and Carlos escaped, and they are on the run. Indeed they are, they are moving across the country secretly as possible to locate Annette Birkin. She defected from Umbrella and has managed to contact other characters like Barry, Rebecca, Leon and even Chris, forming an unofficial anti-Umbrella Organization. It turns out that Chris and Jill are lovers, he left Raccoon City for the military and returns believing that Jill died in Raccoon City. Annette lied to him, and now he wants revenge. I'm thinking that Ann would subtly sow the seeds of hatred in Chris, making him into her own weapon for revenge for her husband.

Their man target is the man himself-Ozwell E. Spencer, and he has an evil plan. He has been kidnapping people for experiments, using them to better the T-Virus. Wesker is alive, still loyal to Umbrella. He is highly regarded by Spencer, an adoptive son from Wesker SR. He tasks Al to find Jill and Alice specifically for the final step in making the complete virus. Meanwhile, the three runaways stops in a fictional town or city where there is a small scale outbreak. Wesker is in charge, sending a small unit to intercept our heroes and Chris most definitely hates our sunglasses wearing fiend since he knows that he tried have Jill killed and destroyed STARS. At some point, the heroes meet each other, and the two love birds are elated to see each other, but that is when Wesker and his men attacked, and successfully kidnapped Jill and Alice, killing the canon fodder and destroying their base. The rescue mission is on, and they have found Umbrella's stronghold for the final showdown.

Alice has an adventure of her own, she somehow escapes her confines and sneaks around looking for Jill and sabotaging the facility on the inside. Everyone in the movies would be here, Team Chris is fighting on the front while Alice is sneaking around and activated the self destruct button. Redfield and Wesker fights and Albert would lose, ambiguously killed in the end.. Jill is freed and the team confronts Spencer. Annette once again tries to goad Chris to kill the old man, but by his own conscious or Jill’s words, he doesn’t do it and wants to arrest him for his crimes against humanity. Annette is furious about this, and tries to do the deed herself...but Spencer injected himself with large amounts of G and transforms, killing her. Final battle time and blah blah, he is killed by Rocket Launcher and they got out of there in time before it exploded. Alice manages to snag evidence that would take down Umbrella for good….happy ending!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

The first movie was good, even the third one but the rest were bad

If I had to change something about the movie would be the connection to the game, every time Anderson try to put something from the game into the movie it fails miserably and render the movie ridiculous, Infact the worst movie are the one with character from the game like afterlife and retribution, because the characters like executioner, nemesis, wesker, ada leon ecc, look unrealistic and cartoonish and look like they are wearing Halloween costume to make them look like they're game counterparts...

It should have been better if Anderson changed they're design totally to make them look realistis and suitable for the movie like he did to Carlos olivera, also some characters are just put for fan service and they serve no real purpose like leon, Barry ada, the executioner ecx

That's why the first movie was the best while the other were trash, because it had an original story into the resident evil universe, but later Anderson decided to adapt some part of the game into the movie but they simply didnt work

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Yeah, they are trash. It started with such promise, but it quickly went down the drain.

Plot inconsistencies between movies, rectcons that makes no sense, shoddy action scenes, glorified cameos that are only there to serve Alice's ego boost, game elements thrown in without proper context or reason, terrible dialog, and Anderson showing off his wife...ugh, that is why i'm giving everyone a chance to fix it here.

Top Bottom