• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Konami vs. Kojima. Is this fair?

Does Kojima Deserve the Award?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
http://kotaku.com/geoff-keighley-ko..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I think this is totally fair. Kojima f*cked up, and now he's reaping what he sewed. He's a great game maker, but an awful business mind, and that cost him his job. Now that he's no longer with the company, he doesn't deserve the award that a COMPANY as a whole worked on. There are hundreds of talented people that work on a game, and it's not like one person accepted the award in his place. It was the company accepting an award on something so many people put their heart and soul into. He was just the figurehead.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don't and I'm ****ing ****ed about what happened. Are you aware of the whole situation? Konami was forcing their employees for overtime and I hope that they get sued for anti-humanitarianism. Do you realise that Kojima has been a legendary game designed since the mid 80's? This guy worked his ass off for years and he also is behind a lot of the technology behind the company. He did more than just make a fair few different and amazing franchisees. Konami has screwed him over more than just this. Even Guillermo del Toro is suffering for the cancelation of Silent Hills. Which every game he's worked on has been cancelled. Also Zone of Enders 3 also got the ****ty end of the stick.

Kojima was more than a figurehead. He's the mind behind many great franchise, a writer, innovator, and inventor of great technology. There is nothing quite like the Fox Engine. Hell the guy loves and interacts with his fans. The biggest troll ever, and we love him for it. He never disappoints and when he wants you to feel angry or cry. He does it. The guy is a great magician and no one knows how he does it! :)

You are the first person I've ever seen that is defending Konami and I would like to understand things from your point of view.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
http://kotaku.com/geoff-keighley-ko..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I think this is totally fair. Kojima f*cked up, and now he's reaping what he sewed. He's a great game maker, but an awful business mind, and that cost him his job. Now that he's no longer with the company, he doesn't deserve the award that a COMPANY as a whole worked on. There are hundreds of talented people that work on a game, and it's not like one person accepted the award in his place. It was the company accepting an award on something so many people put their heart and soul into. He was just the figurehead.
My point of view is pretty much explained in the two articles I posted. Kojima was FAR too comfortable with his position. He doesn't understand business in the slightest. It's awesome that he wants to make the perfect game, but video games are a business. Something that someone who has only ever been paid a salary could never understand. He doesn't understand the cost of having to delay a game to do everything over and OVER again. Sending back 40 songs to have rewritten. Scrapping a game to start from scratch on a new engine. People were tired of him not realizing that while he will get paid the same no matter what, vast majorities of people get paid depending on how well the game sells. And a game can sell exponentially well, but it doesn't matter if it costs an arm and a leg to make, when odds are, people would have been JUST as happy with a little less texturing. A different engine that doesn't HAVE to be top of the line. Different music. He got fired. Plain and simple. And he was fired BEFORE the award was given, so why should he get to accept it when he is no longer with the company, when there are hundreds of other hard-working people that helped bring the game to life...I'm not denying he's a master game maker, but that doesn't mean he should get everything he wants.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'm still ****ed about the cancelation of Silent Hills and want no success for that company here on out.

While I can see where people are coming from at a business stand point with getting frustrated with designers like Kojima, it is also people like him that help create groundbreaking products because they want the best from everyone involved.

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I think its fair that he got fired for his very poor business sense and bleeding Konami for his games to be made in the way HE wants them to be and having a attitude of F*(k you and pay what I want you to pay for games towards Konami, but I think Konami was in the wrong for what happened AFTER that firing with cancelling a VERY promising game simply because they have sour grapes towards Kojima and thus depriving their fans of a Silent Hill game MANY where looking forward to.

Both acted like children in the end.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think its fair that he got fired for his very poor business sense and bleeding Konami for his games to be made in the way HE wants them to be and having a attitude of F*(k you and pay what I want you to pay for games towards Konami, but I think Konami was in the wrong for what happened AFTER that firing with cancelling a VERY promising game simply because they have sour grapes towards Kojima and thus depriving their fans of a Silent Hill game MANY where looking forward to.

Both acted like children in the end.
However, Konami has promised to continue with the Silent Hill franchise, so at least there is that hope.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
However, Konami has promised to continue with the Silent Hill franchise, so at least there is that hope.

Given how they are handling their other IPs like Castlevania my hopes are pretty low, besides I HIGHLY doubt they will be able to top what was going to happen with Silent Hills.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Given how they are handling their other IPs like Castlevania my hopes are pretty low, besides I HIGHLY doubt they will be able to top what was going to happen with Silent Hills.
I'll agree...Silent Hills was looking to be beautiful...In a f*cked up kind of way lol...No doubt thanks to Guerimmo Del Torro over Kojima though...

Top Bottom