• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Knife / Shotgun tips?

protivakid

Play through RE for the first time ever on my Saturn. I've beaten 2 as well as Veronica in the past. One thing I remember is the importance of conserving ammo. Already I am trying not to waste a single bullet but am still finding myself low. Any tips to get better with the knife or are bullets plentiful as I go?

Sometimes I find a zombie will take 5 handgun shots to go down, get back up, and take 5 more before it's fully gone almost eating up a whole clip. Is this just how it is?

Also, I had a zombie take 5 shotgun shots before it was done, and then a second zombie go down with a single shot at close range. Is it better to let them get close and then press up going for their head?

1995umk3

Jill or Chris?

5?? I only remember that happening to me in the very end of the game in the deep underground lab when they are naked (they have more hp and deal hell of alot more damage) You can get a single shot when they move up to you close and just aim up.

I wouldn't use the knife in the first 1 unless you are a major league gamer.. its beyond useless and should stay in the item box.

They have alot of hidden bc's (bullet clips) in hidden areas in the game, you should have enough. The saturn version might be different so I don't really know.

protivakid

Jill or Chris?

5?? I only remember that happening to me in the very end of the game in the deep underground lab when they are naked (they have more hp and deal hell of alot more damage) You can get a single shot when they move up to you close and just aim up.

I wouldn't use the knife in the first 1 unless you are a major league gamer.. its beyond useless and should stay in the item box.

They have alot of hidden bc's (bullet clips) in hidden areas in the game, you should have enough. The saturn version might be different so I don't really know.

Playing as Chris. Yeah... 5. Not sure if the Saturn version was made harder, I know it doesn't include auto aim for example.

Sometimes they go down with 3 shots and die after I quickly swap to the knife and get them on the floor. Other times it's 5, they get up, and take another 5. I know I'm not missing them either as I see blood come out each shot.

Is more damage done at close range than from a distance?

1995umk3

I'm shure the saturn version is harder, I never read anything like this. It should only take one if you aim up at the head when they get really close.

I never really shoot from a distance with the shotgun.

Wesker90

The knife is redundant to me, Use the Handgun for keeping weaker(Zombies, Dogs) enemies at Bay and only using your Shotgun for Mid Tier enemies, Colt for boss Tier.

Well that's how I do it it's up to you how you play the game.

protivakid

I did beat the game, I just started trying to avoid weaker enemies to not blow through ammo. I realized that the final boss is actually real easy, you don't have to shoot him at all, just stay alive until the launcher drops and blast him once, which is good because the double Tyrants in the saturn version ate up a good chunk of my colt ammo.

Top Bottom