• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Karl Heisenberg VoS strategy and discussion

Spektre

Hello new member here. Firstly I would like to say how much of an amazing game RE8 is. I loved every moment of it. The feel. The gameplay everything about it feels good.
I have nothing bad to say about it or nit pick... BUT....
Karl Heisenberg, on valley if the shadows. Just wow.

Firstly before I start is there any good way strategy or anything for him as I've tried like 50- 100 times already and I can't figure anyway way out to not get damaged by him in the first 30 second's ( which is actually quite important) as the battle goes on it get s little bit more difficult which is ok, I understand this but to be honest I can't figure out a strategy to beat him on Village of Shadows difficulty and that's what is infuriating about this game as there is no way to avoid the damage from him as it goes like this.

Firstly I feel like the tank or what every it is controls are very slow, clunky and impossible to avoid him with you can't outrun him via the side ( I don't mean just going round in circles) but if he charges me I would like the option to at least avoid it a bit as I can't even get out the way.
The chainsaw I feel like is completely useless for most of the battle it helps to reduce damage a bit but if he holds out his saw and just spins it it does nothing and you just die, as it's hard to outrun that in a slow tank grrr as well as I try not to use the tank shell just firing off at him I use it to stop him charging at me but alas he some times does a second charge right after and I'm on red bleeding damage so one little tap and I'm dead.

I find this battle very unfair, infuriating and not fun at all. Its just sucking all the enjoyment out of the game for me as well as Inc do manage to do it I'm never play it on that difficulty again for that battle reason. I'm not one to usually complain on forums about games I just suck it up and get on with it, I'm not one to get angry at games either. But man this battle.makes me angry as I feel unfair this battle is.
I know all this sounds just like whining and it is but it is honestly destroying the game and the enjoyment for me, I felt like that battle the way it was set wasn't needed.

Am I the only one thinking this?
Could I have help pointers stagey guide as YouTube wasn't helpful really.

But Karl Heisenberg was actually a very great character to me but that battle is soul destroying in my opinion I know others won't feel the same way but it's honestly soul destroying trying to do it and being damaged and I a have no control over it I just have to take it

Rant over...
P.s sorry for the amount of errors but typed it up on my phone while half asleep lol.
I think I covered most of what I wanted to say. Anything anything at all is helpful and appreciated.

justliketheplant

I have no helpful advice (I played on standard, just circled and shot when I was far enough away or behind him) but seeing this made me realize something
Firstly I feel like the tank or what every it is controls are very slow, clunky and impossible to avoid him with you can't outrun him via the side
I felt that this fight was a really weird change to the gameplay. It felt out of place and random, and yeah, totes clunky. Now I'm wondering if it was just thrown in as a nod to criticism of the earlier games' tank controls.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Hello new member here. Firstly I would like to say how much of an amazing game RE8 is. I loved every moment of it. The feel. The gameplay everything about it feels good.
I have nothing bad to say about it or nit pick... BUT....
Karl Heisenberg, on valley if the shadows. Just wow.

Firstly before I start is there any good way strategy or anything for him as I've tried like 50- 100 times already and I can't figure anyway way out to not get damaged by him in the first 30 second's ( which is actually quite important) as the battle goes on it get s little bit more difficult which is ok, I understand this but to be honest I can't figure out a strategy to beat him on Village of Shadows difficulty and that's what is infuriating about this game as there is no way to avoid the damage from him as it goes like this.

Firstly I feel like the tank or what every it is controls are very slow, clunky and impossible to avoid him with you can't outrun him via the side ( I don't mean just going round in circles) but if he charges me I would like the option to at least avoid it a bit as I can't even get out the way.
The chainsaw I feel like is completely useless for most of the battle it helps to reduce damage a bit but if he holds out his saw and just spins it it does nothing and you just die, as it's hard to outrun that in a slow tank grrr as well as I try not to use the tank shell just firing off at him I use it to stop him charging at me but alas he some times does a second charge right after and I'm on red bleeding damage so one little tap and I'm dead.

I find this battle very unfair, infuriating and not fun at all. Its just sucking all the enjoyment out of the game for me as well as Inc do manage to do it I'm never play it on that difficulty again for that battle reason. I'm not one to usually complain on forums about games I just suck it up and get on with it, I'm not one to get angry at games either. But man this battle.makes me angry as I feel unfair this battle is.
I know all this sounds just like whining and it is but it is honestly destroying the game and the enjoyment for me, I felt like that battle the way it was set wasn't needed.

Am I the only one thinking this?
Could I have help pointers stagey guide as YouTube wasn't helpful really.

But Karl Heisenberg was actually a very great character to me but that battle is soul destroying in my opinion I know others won't feel the same way but it's honestly soul destroying trying to do it and being damaged and I a have no control over it I just have to take it

Rant over...
P.s sorry for the amount of errors but typed it up on my phone while half asleep lol.
I think I covered most of what I wanted to say. Anything anything at all is helpful and appreciated.
I had this same problem, but I think I finally found an OK strategy (I ended up beating VoS over the weekend and haven't bothered trying again as I'm trying to get the platinum before another game comes out at the beginning of June.). Here's what I did:

Heisenburg has 3 weak spots at any given time, one on each arm and one at the base of the machine.

Throughout the fight, I focus fire on the base, then the right arm, then the left arm and then repeat this. Try to save the rockets for when he's charging at you since the further you are from him, the safer you'll be. I also noticed that it works as a propulsion system for you so as long as you're not against the wall, not only will it push Heisenberg away from you, but the recoil will force you in the opposite direction as well.

I honestly feel like Damage Adjustment saved me on this fight because I died SO many times here when I think the only other death I had was when I faced Sturm because screw that fight. But the cycling from base to right to left arm seemed to work pretty well, it only took me a couple tries after I started doing it.

Oh, and make sure you have a lot of healing for the Miranda fight, just saying haha. And I also loved RE8.

Spektre

Thanks yeah as soon as he charges I have to fire off s rocket I've tried so many times not to use the rocket at the start, and just try and knock him back by damaging one of the three weak spots, that doesn't work soni have to use the rocket and i am sort of doing that strategy already,
What I also do is when he holds up the walls as a shield as you have to fire at his head, I get that point no problem that's after 2 rockets usually, but as a I said I'm already damaged by that point, which I should not be, then as well as that I managed to get to the second time he used the metal wall as a shield which I use as cover which is good as when he charges it helps you be able to manoeuvre out of the way a little, but by his point he is charging at you even quicker and sometimes I am not quick enough to shoot his arms and he hits me and usual by this point I am either red so one hit kills me. Or somehow soemthing happens so I go get to that stage quickly then killed off, as I'm getting to a certain point then he's just to quick I can't defend myself and I just die. Since I have got back from work at 2.30 pm. I started playing at 3.30 pm.and still stuck on it as it now 6:12pm getting very frustrated and bored with it now making me fast not want to play it anymore :(

But my strategy isn't working. I need them to at least update it so the tank shell regens quicker or he isn't so quick to regenerate and dash you or up the moment speed on it as that's the problem it's a tad difficult for me which is ok I understand that but at the same time it's not hard just BS I'm not asking to.make it so much easier for me I'm just asking so I can defend myself better as I just feel like I can't.... I can't explain it properly but it' doesn't feel right that's for sure.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It's definitely a pretty ridiculous fight. I think it took me 45 mins to finally beat him with many, many, many resets. If I get hit on the first charge I reset. If I got hit by the metal shields I reset. If I got pushed against the wall I reset. If you figure it took around 2 mins for Heisenberg to put me into danger, not even considering the times I reset immediately if his first charge hit me, its easy to estimate that it took at least 80 tries before I beat him. The rage was real.

For contrast, I took me probably 15 tries to do the Chris section before I finally got mad and just ran through the lycans to get to the Megamycete and it only took me 3 tries to beat Miranda. Heisenburg was by far the hardest fight for me on VoS.

Can you post a video of you fighting him? It's hard to say how I would change anything without watching you play. It sounds like you're doing everything right, but again, it's hard to say without seeing it.

Spektre

It's definitely a pretty ridiculous fight. I think it took me 45 mins to finally beat him with many, many, many resets. If I get hit on the first charge I reset. If I got hit by the metal shields I reset. If I got pushed against the wall I reset. If you figure it took around 2 mins for Heisenberg to put me into danger, not even considering the times I reset immediately if his first charge hit me, its easy to estimate that it took at least 80 tries before I beat him. The rage was real.

Can you post a video of you fighting him? It's hard to say how I would change anything without watching you play. It sounds like you're doing everything right, but again, it's hard to say without seeing it.
Yeah same exact thing as I do lol it's hard as it's only vary rarely that I manage to actual dodge his first attack soemtimes I'm missing completely as the movement speed is either too slow or if I move it up one it's too fast and I'm missing some shots. I can't really record it but I am streaming it on twitch if you Wanna watch

My stream : xIDuckyyy

Spektre

For contrast, I took me probably 15 tries to do the Chris section before I finally got mad and just ran through the lycans to get to the Megamycete and it only took me 3 tries to beat Miranda. Heisenburg was by far the hardest fight for me on VoS.

* I've done, I've actually done it woooooooooppopppp

Top Bottom