• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Jill and Claire

MetalGamer2

Survivor
But Chris and Leon ARE Fighters, and I don't wanna see Claire in that situation, especially considering the action turn the games have taken. Sure she could get caught up in another Bio-terrorism attack by mistake, but that would make THREE times. I'm sorry, but that's not realistic, and for the most part, RE does a GREAT job with sucking you into the story, and making you forget it's fake, or it's a game. Leon and Chris are sent INTO those situations as their missions (Degeneration, Damnation, RE5, RE6 are all great examples), but Claire's were always by mistake. Degeneration, RE2, and RE:CVX are more examples. Claire WAS a fighter, just as much as a protector. But she doesn't WANT that life. And I don't want that for her. Idk, I'm a big fan of keeping characters true to how they would be like REAL people, and Claire is no longer a fighter. I think all characters should have a time they should be retired, and canonically, I think it's time for Claire. Same for Chris actually. Not that they shouldn't be mentioned, or have small parts, but not in large doses, and not in an action/fighter role, unless it's in a non-cannon game like ORC, or mini games like Mercenaries.
I agree on some of points you make here. Unlike Leon and Chris, Claire doesn't actively seek out bioterror threats. However I still think they would be able to make another game with her work somehow.

You said it might be unrealistic if she (unpurposefully) gets herself caught up in another outbreak. Ok, that's agreeable, but you also said she needs time to herself, but on the contrary, I think she's gotten too much downtime lately! I mean, seriously, it's been years since she has seen any action. She has probably moved on and continued trying to live a normal life by now. Which is exactly why it would be the best time to bring her back: because she is least expecting it.

In fact, I think it seems more likely for her to get caught in these situations than regular civilians. Why? Because of the people she knows. It seems a lot of her friends/family are involved in anti-bioterrorism in some way, shape or form. Chris may have closed the book on his main rival (Wesker), but there's no doubt he has made more enemies since then. What if another personal grudge develops? What if this new enemy finds out about Claire, and decides she's a weakness for Chris? And thus Claire gets wrapped up in a whole new predicament and is forced to defend herself...

Ok, admittedly, I went on a bit of a tangent there, but I think I've made my point XD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, while I also think it would be unrealistic for Claire to be involved in yet another outbreak by chance, I see various possibilities to bring her back:

1) As MetalGamer2 stated, her connection to Chris. It might get her into trouble, considering how many enemies Chris should have made by now.

2) Again, her connection to Chris, but the other way around. What if Claire once again went looking for Chris to protect him from some kind of trouble she's aware of while he is not? We all know that Chris's little sister has a big brother complex, so it wouldn't be out of character, and so she could "voluntarily" enter a war zone to find him. All we need is a logical explanation as to why she knows things the BSAA doesn't, and that's not impossible. She might be used by a mysterious informant, such as Trent from the Perry novels, who has his own goals in mind.

3) Global outbreaks. If there were bio-terrorism attacks around the whole world (like it had almost happened in RE6 if it weren't for Chris and Piers), it wouldn't be unrealistic if Claire's town was affected as well. This wouldn't only work for Claire, though; it could very well be used as an "excuse" to bring back whoever you wish.

4) TerraSave. While I don't know what exactly Claire's organisation does, I think it has something to do with supporting the victims of bio-terrorism attacks. Claire could be sent into a former war zone where the war isn't completely over yet, and suddenly there's an outbreak... Sure, it almost sounds like her previous games/movies, but it would be much more realistic if it happened to her this way than, say, on vacation.

5) Claire could just change her mind about that whole "I'm not a fighter" thing and join the BSAA, or Leon's organisation. I wouldn't like this because it would be out of character for Claire, but it wouldn't be out of character for Capcom to radically change things. It's not very plausible, but it is a possibility.

Personally, I think the second option would be the most interesting one, and I could totally see Claire in a story like this. She could be working with people she's never worked with before, like Rebecca, Jake, Piers, Ada, Barry, whoever. Or she could meet Sherry again, not having to look after her this time like she did in Raccoon City. (And if it doesn't happen, I can still write another fanfic...)

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
If it has already happened to her three times, i'm sure one more time wouldn't hurt.

I agree with Hel, I find it hard to beleive her brother and her best friend went missing for six momths and she did nothing, the same for Jill. They both would have been out looking for Chris. One possible scenario: Claire goes to the BSAA headquarters to ask Jill about chris' whereabouts, then Neo-umbrella attacks the BSAA.
Easy peasy, If Capcom have talented writers I'm sure they could find a very interesting way to bring her back

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, the problem is that Capcom won't hire any talented writers. :(
It has been said somewhere in this thread that RE stories know how to suck people in. That's completely true, but it's also true that they always end up disappointing me for not being as great as I thought they would be. The only RE games that didn't do that in this respect were RE1 (because it started the whole madness, plus I wasn't expecting any plot at all from a zombie game like this), RE2 (mostly a repetition of the original plot, but the characters and their relationships to each other made it more interesting) and CV (while I don't like the game itself, its story is still my favourite so far).
The newer games aren't that great story-wise. RE4 is basically an adult version of "Mario saves the princess", RE5 would be boring as hell if it wasn't for the Jill subplot, RE6 tries to take in more than it can handle and eventually screws everything up, and the animated movies are action packed, but rather brainless mediocre entertainment. Maybe I'm just extremely critical because I write stories myself, but it takes more than that to truly fascinate me, and at the moment I've lost my faith in Capcom's story writers again.

Aleck

Biohazard
You should show us some of your fan-fiction Hel. I'd like to know,(perhaps in a nutshell if you're pressed for time) how you would bring Claire and/or other characters back into the fold. I'm glad Loki and I aren't the only Claire fans who think she should be brought back somehow. When she "chose" the role of "rescuer," I also didn't interpret to mean she won't be around anymore. If I've learned anything from Japanese creatives with anime series and things like that, is that you can never say never. I wouldn't put it past them to bring back Wesker even. They did it in the movies with Alice and now in the games they cloned Ada, so anything is possible at this point.

Speaking of the movies Hel, how would you bring back Chris and Claire into the mix and how would you close out the series in RE6? :)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'd like to know,(perhaps in a nutshell if you're pressed for time) how you would bring Claire and/or other characters back into the fold.

As I said, I’d probably go with my second suggestion. The story might be less RE than my own style, but since I’m not content with the way the story goes in RE anyway, it might be about time for a little change.

Let’s say, Claire receives letters or calls from some mysterious stranger, telling her that something terrible will happen to Chris (or even the whole BSAA) if a new, unknown enemy isn’t stopped. Claire tries to get in touch with Chris, Jill and every other BSAA agent she knows, of course she calls HQ as well, but doesn’t reach anyone, which indicates that something might already have happened. The mysterious person basically sends her on a quest to once again find her brother in a hostile (i.e. zombie-infested) environment, but nothing is known about that person’s motives yet, what he or she really wants, and why he/she chooses Claire of all people to work with.

It may sound simple and not very original, but this is just the premise; the "nutshell", if you will. If I was responsible for the story of the next Claire game, I would try to make it as exciting as possible (not only in the trailers – *cough* RE6 *cough*), and the result would be... well, I’m sure it would be complicated (like all of my stories), full of twists (which is always a good thing), and not all of you would like it, but no one could call it bad or uninspired.

The possibilities are endless: Who is the mysterious person? It could be Ada; we know she likes to pull strings in the background. But she might as well be a character Claire meets on her quest, thinking she’s the enemy, but in the end it turns out that Ada herself has been deceived by the mysterious person all along, so the mysterious person and the unknown enemy might actually be one and the same person.
If it’s not Ada, it could be Alex Wesker, or Jessica. Or a "good" character from the past (Barry, Rebecca, Sheva?) who, in fact, has been evil all along... or maybe not. The mysterious person may as well be good, just... yeah, mysterious. Possibly Piers, back from the dead; other than that I desperately want him to return and marry Chris, I can think of a dozen reasons for a newborn Piers to be involved behind the veils of such a story.
It could also be Hunnigan, revealing that she’s more than just the woman assisting Leon... Or someone completely new, but I wouldn’t pick that, considering the huge amount of underused and one-off characters who could make another appearance.

The game wouldn’t be co-op. Not that I have anything against co-op, but it wouldn't suit the atmosphere I'd like to create. Claire should be on her own, meeting various people and perhaps be partnered with them once in a while, but unable to control them, not knowing who to trust. I have a very characteristic point of view in almost all of my novels: Reading them for the first time, you never know more (sometimes even less) than the main character. It builds tension, and to properly convert that into a game, telling the story from different points of view at the same time is not possible. However, that doesn't exclude the possibility of "Separate Ways"-like scenarios to unlock once you've beaten the main game without seeing anything through those other characters' eyes.

I'd go on, but I don't want to bore anyone with my ideas that will never become a game anyway. As for the animated movies, no idea. I didn’t like them very much so far, and although it would nice to see Chris and Claire in one of them, I’m afraid that might just ruin it. As far as I’m concerned, Capcom can just go on using the animated movies to show how badass Leon is, I don’t really care.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Some people say that because Claire isn't a fighter, she shouldn't be involved in the outbreaks. But don't forget, Terrasave is an organisation that is actually involved with bio-terrorism, so it's not entirely implausible for Claire to be involved somehow in an attack.

Also, I think that sometimes it's nice to have someone who isn't trained to fight bio-terrorism to be fighting it. You don't always want someone who is a pro, who shoots zombies like it's another day at the office. I think it could make it a slightly more worrisome situation to have someone who is less experienced - it allows for mistakes which could be fatal. Instead of having someone who seeks out leadership and action, sometimes it's nice to just see people that have leadership and action thrusted upon them, meaning that they just have their insticts, intuition and reactions to keep them alive. This can sometimes allow for a better story.

I agree that it would be unlikely for her to just stumble upon another outbreak, but I'm sure that Capcom could figure a way for her to make an appearance. If they can make dead people suddenly make a reappearance, they can bring characters back just as easily. Claire has links to significant characters - Chris, Leon, and now Sherry. If Capcom really wanted to, they could figure a way for her to come back.

Aleck

Biohazard
@Hel - This was my idea to bring Claire and Jill back for a game together. It was obviously inspired by the RE6 two male leads story. We think alike. And I was asking you about the live action films in regards to Chris and Claire, but its ok. :)

This is my idea from the "If YOU could create a Resident Evil game," thread.

Name: Resident Evil Paradox (lame I know...)

Main entry/Spin-off: Main Entry (2 disc - fashioned after classic Resident Evil 2 story A and story B)

Genre (horror/action/etc):Action/Horror/Mystery

Characters: Claire Redifield, Jill Valentine, Rebbecca Chambers, Billy Cohen, Steve Burnside, Barry Burton cameo, HUNK, Parker Luciani, Raymond Vester, Jessica Sherawat - there would be smaller supporting roles, but as far as mainstays, those are the ones.

Story in a nutshell....(Or Super Long Summary):oops: : After the ordeal and fallout of Resident Evil 6, the B.S.A.A have decided to give Chris Redfield time off. His whereabouts are to remain top secret and unknown, but someone has other plans. They've not succeeded in attaining any valuable information as to Chris's location....so they go ahead with Plan B. Sometime after, the director of the B.S.A.A. receives a strange call from a man claiming to be Barry Burton. The man is irate and warns that Claire Redfield's life is on the line if Chris is to remain in hiding. The call ends and true to their promise, Claire Redfield is kidnapped...

After learning about the kidnapping the B.S.A.A have sent out Jill Valentine to a location of interest. A high tech facility somewhere in Northern Canada in a mountainous region. Jill's friend and old S.T.A.R.S member Rebbecca, has now joined the B.S.A.A and comes along for the mission. Parker Luciani radios Jill and Rebbecca vital information. His role is much like what Hunnigan was to Leon in RE4. Meanwhile it is observed that Raymond and Jessica are in the same area, their presence unclear. After investigating the rather small facility, Jill and Rebbecca encounter a giant mansion; where they find temporary refuge in after being chased by a group of new bio creatures.

We learn that Claire Redfield has been recently captured by an unknown organization and is being held hostage in a giant replica mansion in the(Northern Canada) mountains. Claire uses her quick wit to escape her cell again, but soon discovers that she in labyrinth-like mansion. She gains access to old files with names of virus test subjects. A list of human bio-weapons being held and experimented on in labs inside the mansion. One of them is none other than...Steve Burnside. A flashback of the Rockfort Island and Antarctica incidents overwhelm Claire. Brought to tears, Claire knows that at the risk of getting killed, she must find Steve and finally set him free; no matter the price. Early in the journey, Claire encounters a group of what look like Umbrella Soldiers, a team led by (unbeknownst to Claire) HUNK. After a brief exchange of words between HUNK and Claire, they duke it out, with Claire barely escaping a sure death from gun-fire.

Further Storyline Moments would be -
- Claire and Hunk's fight early in the game(It would be a series dodging and punching. Think similar to Leon/Krauser knife fight)
- Jill's first encounter with the Tyrant Wolof who is armed with grenades and machine guns.
- Rebbecca discovers Billy Cohen is part of the group that kidnapped Claire and confronts him.
- Claire encounters the Tyrant.
- Jill, Claire and Rebecca's first ever on game moment together as they unite and are attacked by crimson head zombies and then later, the Tyrant; forcing them to separate into different areas.
- Jill and Jessica's gun-battle that evolves into a fist-fight (none are killed) - think Chris/Sheva vs. Wesker/Jill from RE 5, but much more fun and better A.I.
- Raymond is heavily injured by the Tyrant.
- Rebbecca about to get killed by HUNK, is saved by Billy, who in turn is gravely injured by Tyrant.
- For brief moment, Rebbecca and Cohen share a passionate kiss and then suddenly Billy is killed off by HUNK.
- Claire find Steve Burnside not obviously mutated. After a tearful reunion, we discover that Steve has frightening powers similar if not greater to Alexia Ashford. Steve is happy to see Claire, but his happiness is quickly overshadowed by his hunger for revenge against those responsible for his torment.
- Jill and Rebbecca discover that HUNK, Jessica and Raymond(and not Barry) were involved with Claire's kidnapping.
- Jessica and Raymond escape the premises.
- Jill and Rebecca final battle against Tyrant Wolof.
- Steve turns on Claire
- Claire battles Steve and is forced to kill him.(Final Boss Battle)
- Ending would see Jill, Claire, and Rebecca safely escaping. Jill comforting Rebbecca who is clearly upset over Billy Cohen. The camera then focuses on Claire's face who sheds a few tears for Steve and then smiles. A comforting thought to know, Steve Burnside's torment is finally over.

---After the first few credits, Parker has some alarming news for Jill. The voice claiming to be Barry from earlier in the game, is a match. It is revealed that it was Barry. The women are on edge, as they wonder why Barry would be associated with the group that kidnapped Claire. Has Barry turned on his friends? The women stare at each other puzzled...as the scene fades to black.---

After Credits Secret Ending - Jessica and HUNK are seen entering an unknown facility in an unknown part of the world. They're seen discussing something. The camera pans out and we see Barry Burton held hostage, two soldiers with the Umbrella logo on each side. Ada Wong is seen talking to him as Barry refuses to look at her. Barry turns to look at another man sitting behind the chair, a man who looks a lot like Wesker....GAME END

Monsters: Many new creatures including a tyrant akin to Nemesis called Wolof. Specifically programmed to take out the three female protagonists.

Camera (fixed/over-the-shoulder): Default Over the shoulder, but option to have it Fixed.

How would it connect to the RE universe?: It would be a direct sequel to Resident Evil 6 and could serve as the start to a potential RE 7 finale.

Why would it be a good game?: It would be an amazing game because it would see the return of many fan favorites. It would also continue the action/horror theme the modern game are currently doing. It would see the return of two discs where the player can choose to play between Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine. Featuring optional co-op in Jill's disc. No more pesky A.I if you're brave enough to go at it on your own.

- All Star Mercenary mode including
* Claire Redfield
*Chris Redfield
*Jill Valentine
* Leon Kennedy
* Barry Burton
* HUNK
* Rebecca Chambers
* Billy Cohen
* Steve Burnside
* Parker
* Jessica

DLC - Deadly Encounters Campaign (mini prequel to main story - unlocked after completing either Disc) - Take control of RE Favorite Barry Burton as he is on his own investigation that connects to the main story. The ending of this would show Burton surrendering to someone.

-Of course this is a raw and general outlook at how my game and story would play out. If it was real, I'd have alot of work to do, including a detailed arch of a story. Obviously, it is very inspired by classic RE games and even inspiration from the movies. Its very dramatic, but I can see alot of fans getting into it if it were a real game.
:oops:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
@Hel - This was my idea to bring Claire and Jill back for a game together. It was obviously inspired by the RE6 two male leads story. We think alike. And I was asking you about the live action films in regards to Chris and Claire, but its ok. :)

This is my idea from the "If YOU could create a Resident Evil game," thread.

I like your idea. Nice bringing the Revelations characters in. Capcom's got to have some reason for keeping them all alive, since the only two deaths in Revelations was Rachael and Norman.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I like your idea. Nice bringing the Revelations characters in. Capcom's got to have some reason for keeping them all alive, since the only two deaths in Revelations was Rachael and Norman.

In my opinion, Norman was one of the most badass RE villains, I just loved the way he monologues quotes from the Divine Comedy. I hope they bring him back somehow... maybe he finds a way to control the T-Abyss virus and returns himself to human form, only to try and resurrect the Veltro organization... again :)

I'm always contemplating ideas that I think would make good RE games, but I've never bothered to write them down as fan-fics (like Hel does). Maybe I should someday? I once had this idea of how they could bring Claire back into the series by using Norman/Veltro.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Speaking of villains, how about an old woman? We have never had an old woman in RE so far.

Aleck said:
This was my idea to bring Claire and Jill back for a game together. It was obviously inspired by the RE6 two male leads story. We think alike.

Actually I wasn't planning to bring Claire and Jill together. Of course she could make an appearance, maybe even as one of Claire's sidekicks, but I don't think there has to be a game starring the two main females just because the last one starred the males.
If I was told to make the next RE game, I would only include characters I like anyway, and Jill Mary-Sue Valentine is not on that list, sorry. (But then again, if Jill was in my game, I would give my best to improve her character so that people who didn't like her before, including myself, can like her too.)

And I was asking you about the live action films in regards to Chris and Claire, but its ok. :)

Oh. Oh! (~ Bella Swan)
I care about those movies even less. Not to offend anyone, but they have done so much irreversible damage already, I don't even want to think of a way to improve them... But now that I'm automatically doing it anyway, I'd say a reboot would be the best idea. Closer to the games (and by that, I don't mean only copying fight scenes from the games) and without Alice. I haven't even seen the latest one yet, but as it is, I couldn't care less about what they do with Chris and Claire in that RE universe.

DM_Executioner

DM_Executioner
I heard that Claire will be include in the next coming RE game. Now, idk if its in RE 7 or an extra one. Idk about jill, but if there is such game coming. I hope they place her in that same game as Claire. It will be something new. Chris sister and friend meet up. So, i think. :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I heard that Claire will be include in the next coming RE game. Now, idk if its in RE 7 or an extra one. Idk about jill, but if there is such game coming. I hope they place her in that same game as Claire. It will be something new. Chris sister and friend meet up. So, i think. :D
I would think they've met before. I mean, Chris and Jill are best friends. And Claire already knew of Jill's existence. Don't forget, they're like real people outside of the BSAA. Not that Capcom would ever go this far into detail, but I bet Chris, Jill, and Claire have all gone to the bar from time to time.

Top Bottom