• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've had 'Resident Evil' for 5 years, didn't even know!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
What a surprise!

The last couple months I've been thinking that I wanted to buy the Resident Evil films. All of them.

Today I found four DVD's and one CD that I bought one month ago, they've been beneath some important papers at my office. I forgot about them, until now.

So I go ahead and add them to my list of DVD's that I own. As usual before I add new titles, I look through the whole list first, in case I already have one of the films I just bought. As I do this, my eyes notice something in the list: Resident Evil. Action thriller. DVD. Purchased April 21th 2004.

I almost fainted of happiness. I've been looking for these films this summer and didn't think I would find them in any of the shops any time soon.
Unfortunately the Resident Evil DVD isn't here, it's at my other home where most of my film collection are.

As it's titled just "Resident Evil", I guess it has to be the first film? Is it the best one? The total number of films is three?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wpstudart;50556 said:
Until now, it's a trilogy, but they are starting the fourth, the 'Afterlife'.
Then it'll become a... quadruplogy. :p

But isn't it crazy that I've had this movie for so long without watching it, and completely forgotten that I had it. If this isn't a sacrilege, nothing is. =]

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
The first is the best in terms of story*, the second is okay and the third is the scariest (but funniest when you get to the experiement... you'll see what I mean).

When you've seen the first movie, watch Knox's Resident Evil dubs on Newgrounds. There's 6 in all. My favourite is #2 ("She can handle this music, she's a woman... uhm, I guess not").

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/113077

*In saying this, the first film sadly doesn't really follow the Spencer incident. There are zombies, dogs and a licker, there's the Spencer mansion, I think the name Ashford might be mentioned and Umbrella plays a part. That's your lot in similarity to the series. As the movie series goes along, other places and characters are introduced - Jill, Carlos, Claire and a Wesker cameo - and there a few more enemies, such as the birds and the Nemesis. Again, that's about it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Thank you for the tip Wolfgirl. I know so little about this universe.
I think I'll buy all the main series games + the films, and then start where it all begins, which is RE Zero?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Romero;50699 said:
Thank you for the tip Wolfgirl. I know so little about this universe.
I think I'll buy all the main series games + the films, and then start where it all begins, which is RE Zero?

Chronologically yes, but RE1 came out first and RE0 was later made as a prequel.

Chronologically the games are (I think this is right, correct me if not): RE0, RE1, then RE2 and RE3 are around the same time, RE4 and then RE5 methinks

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_Wiki

This is a great website which can tell you all you need to know :) Search "timeline" for a timeline :)

Top Bottom