• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 It feels like Gears Of War

Azsesino

I hate all the Action on this game, where is all the Horror & Suspense... Where is you with a bat of nails against 100 zombies, and the riddles to make it to the next room.

I really miss all that atmosphere that made this game great.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Nailed bat? What have you been playing? Also, im a level 100 in gears 2 and 400 in gears 3, aswell as completing all game modes on all 3 games on insane, and I dont know where you get this stuff, its nothing alike.

leathaface99

I hate all the Action on this game, where is all the Horror & Suspense... Where is you with a bat of nails against 100 zombies, and the riddles to make it to the next room.

I assume you haven played Ada's campaign?

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
In what part of the game does it feel like gears? I just finished Leon's campaign last night, starting on Chris's, and I fail to see so far how this compares to GoW.

Sure there is more action, but it is to be expected due to the path RE has taken after the Raccoon City incident. The horror is still there, you just gotta be able to see it.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i would strongly assume that Chris's campain would be have a "Gears of War" feel (assuming, since i've not yet started with Chris's campain) but none the less. it would be.....since he (Chris) is a solider and a Captain (rank) at that. so Yesss.....

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent

have you not experienced "Survival & Horror" (Suspense) on Leon's Campain (specifically on the first few missions) cause i did, if that didn't give you a "Survival & Horror" (Suspense). cause from my experience the first few couple missions on Leon's campain gave me a straight up "Survival & Horror" (Suspense) experience and i have played this, while all of the lights are turned off and the volume at a good amount. Also you say and i quote you: "with a bat of nails against 100 zombies", then try "Dead Island" last time i checked this weapon is available on said game (Dead Island) *and you're welcome* :p

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Leon's campaign is easily the best due to it going into what Resident Evil is meant to be more than any of the other campaigns, however it didnt scare me at all.

No RE6 does not feel like Gears of War in any way what so ever, I've played Gears of War (love it by the way) and GoW has a good easy to use cover system with good controls, proper run and gun gameplay and with roll and dash controls that are easy to master, but granted RE6 is trying to be Gears of War but fails miserably at it.

Darkness

Infected
have you not experienced "Survival & Horror" (Suspense) on Leon's Campain (specifically on the first few missions) cause i did, if that didn't give you a "Survival & Horror" (Suspense). cause from my experience the first few couple missions on Leon's campain gave me a straight up "Survival & Horror" (Suspense) experience and i have played this, while all of the lights are turned off and the volume at a good amount. Also you say and i quote you: "with a bat of nails against 100 zombies", then try "Dead Island" last time i checked this weapon is available on said game (Dead Island) *and you're welcome* :p
AAaaaaah I was just going to mention Dead Island, you beat me to it. I loved that game!

Queen Riful

I play gears of war... had Chris' campaign been anything like that game I probably wouldn't have hated it this much. If anything that whole campaign felt like CoD. The other campaigns were good though! A lot of horror, puzzles (sort of) and suspense.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I think they should have had areas where you actually could explore a bit more. The silent hill games always did that well by letting you find your own way around large areas. They kind of had that feel in RE4 where you would have a map with a kind of large area to work around even though it was pretty linear. Thats the main thing i think was missing, a bit more exploration..
Also the markers that show you the way are annoying as well, every single time something opens the camera pans to it then back to my character, in the old games it would just a static view of the door opening and let you find your own way.
I know you can remove the whole HUd but they should let us remove the waypoint only and leave the ammo hud

zeroskaterz92

i played Gears and nothing really similar to RE6. it's just that RE6 has a lot of movement variety, and i'm pretty sure this will impact the rest of the other games from other companies to make this kind of combat fluid just like how RE4 impact the rest of nowadays 3rd person shooter games with over the shoulder camera.
it's not that RE6 was trying to be Gears. as far as i play it and noticed that some of the RE6 movement and combat were quite Dead Space-ish, you can just move around while rotating the camera, point navigation as well as melee attack altho RE6 has the melee stamina, counter attack and finishing but i really can tell it's trying to alter it better than Dead Space mechanism. by far, i guess RE6 gameplay combat manage to surpassed Dead Space.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
well, i've finally finished Chris's campain, and i would like to say something about it; that being, the final show-down against that Enormous Cacoon B.O.W. was annoying, specifically the part where you have to knock it down three times and do the stabby-stab-it each time it falls down, other than that his (Chris's) campain is what i expected to be, a full blown action packed campain...the ending cutscene was depressing and inspiring at the same time. Also got a new Mercenary map with it. the only time i've had a "things just got real and serious" moment and the "F" bomb deployment was the said situation i've stated. so with this being said, bonus campain here i come (even though i know who it is, but i don't want to name the character, for it is a *SPOILER*) any-how, while i played Resident Evil 6, it felt to me like a movie/film, in a good way :)

EDIT: i'd also had a kick (fun) complementing/thanking Piers (during the first couple missions) and amuzed at the same time, as i was Chris (when i did his *Chris's* campain) xD

*with this being said i would like to put this here:

Leon = Hey you.
J.D. = my name is not Hey you! I'm J.D. , well actually it's not my name.......

and one who've seen Damnation would know xD

Top Bottom