• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Is this the End or how Far will they go?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Now Personally, i feel that capcom should wrap things up soon and go out on a high (so to speak) before they keep pumping out more and more RE games and just killing the franchise, so in terms of canon games, realistically, how far do you think capcom are going to go, is RE6 going to be the last official title or in 10 years time will be be hyped up for RE10 etc.
i firmly believe they will keep producing spin off games AKA operation racoon city 2 (or something along them lines) but in terms of the actual story line, i feel as though it should come to a close soon, before it spirals out of control and we end up in the distant future with zombies on the moon or something stupid.
a perfect example of this would be dino crisis 3...yerp they put dinosaurs in space..
on that note, this is something i strongly wish doesn't end up happening to RE, and the official story get's rounded off nicely before it goes past the point of no return.
so will RE6 be the end?

yautjared

I doubt. RE5 received some harsh and bad critics, and still, is the game that sold more in the franchise, at that time .....

Money talks, and so, RE is a sucessfull videogame serie, and even with some crazy changes, in gameplay, style, characters story and being more action than survival horror, people still buy and play every new RE that is released

When RE6 come out, I'm sure most of fans will love it, because the game is looking good already ..... Having Leon and Chris in the same game, is too much epic !! :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree...They should stop soon...I don't think RE6 will be the end...I'm hoping they wrap it up by 7 or 8 though...And yes, keep doing co-op games...In my opinion, put the story to rest within the next two or three games, then, if you want more MAIN games, reboot the series...

aintnoscrub

Premium
ahh yes the inevitable reboot, can't say i would mind seeing this done, if done properly.
still in two minds i think about it.

sbr999

I think there's still potential for the series to go on with 1-2 main entries.
But honestly, they should come up with new characters, because the franchise is pretty much about Leon, Chris and Jill now: RE4-Leon, Degeneration-Leon, RE5- Chris/Jill, Revelations-Chris/Jill, Damnation - Leon.

Gameplay-wise there's definitely a big fan-base for the game, but story-wise it starts to run out of ideas. (bio-terrorism, special agents etc.)
But that's my opinion.

(As for spin-offs, it would be great if they made a game based on the Resident Evil novels.
Especially on RE: Underworld.)

aintnoscrub

Premium
But honestly, they should come up with new characters, because the franchise is pretty much about Leon, Chris and Jill now: RE4-Leon, Degeneration-Leon, RE5- Chris/Jill, Revelations-Chris/Jill, Damnation - Leon.

Gameplay-wise there's definitely a big fan-base for the game, but story-wise it starts to run out of ideas. (bio-terrorism, special agents etc.)
But that's my opinion.

(As for spin-offs, it would be great if they made a game based on the Resident Evil novels.
Oh yeah spin off games will definitely keep coming, even if they did for example, an xbox arcade/psn release of short stories, like featuring a spin off around rebecca or Carlos....things like that will make fans happy without ruining the main story.

naomih808

I just want Claire to be in one of the new games, and not just in the multiplayer sections but the actual main game with a story extra :(.. Bring back Claire!!!

bmh

If they do have a "last game" for the series, they need to have all the characters in it and tie up all of their loose ends. And have Chris and Jill admit to what we all know.

End of shipping.

aintnoscrub

Premium
In all honesty I think they'll wrap up a few loose end in this game, because having all the characters come together in one spectacular game would probably create more questions than those answered.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Well it all depends.

If the Resident Evil series ends on a "good note" such as revealing what happened to a lot of the unseen Resident evil characters (Rebecca,Steve,Carlos, etc) and also the heroes finally putting a end to bioterroism for good by wiping out all the organizations that have BOW weapons, than I would be totally open to a reboot.

But the last thing I want it to do is end with a lot of unanswered questions such as what Devil May Cry appears to be doing.

So as far as will it be ending soon......I'd say maybe it will wrap up around RE8 or so but not right after RE6.

theinternat

Queen Internet
i dunno! i remember when they were talking about rebooting the series, and maybe instead of rebooting it, they decided to ease into new a new era. jake, adult sherry, piers, helena... all new characters that might actually stick around for once. maybe after 6 they'll give one of the new guys the spotlight or something.

i really feel like chris will retire (hopefully not die) at the end of RE6. he's getting old and grumpy. :p

Reactions: Jay

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Chris, Jill, and Leon shouldn't need to give up the limelight just because others haven't been seen in a while...They're the MAIN characters of the series...
I'm actually not a fan of bringing back certain characters...In fact, the only one that I think even has a CHANCE of being brought back CORRECTLY is Rebecca...She's still semi-young...A little younger than Leon at least, and has all the bio-medical genius...She is the only one who would fit well if an older character were to come back...I mean...All the others have pretty much had closure...Think about it...

Billy-Said his goodbyes with Rebecca and was left for "Dead" to start a new life...Forgetting that nightmare they just survived...
Barry-Was pretty aged even at the START of RE...Plus, RE3 end with a flight into the sunset...The classic ending...He's served his time...
Claire-Degeneration pretty much gave her closure...Leon even stated that she's now a protector, not a fighter like Chris and himself...Claire is doing fine at what she's doing, and without her brother going missing, there isn't much more we need from her...
Carlos-Was a great characters just like the others, however, he did work for Umbrella...Umbrella fell...All he really knew how to do was handle a gun and make jokes, so he's either gonna be Merc for someone else, or a stand-up comedian...That's fine...
Sheva-Most fans agree that she should never have even existed, so why bring back a character almost all fans hate...

I even think that Chris should retire soon...He's also gettin kind of old, and has been in several of the games...More than any other character...But I want him to have a heroic death, not just be retired...I think they should focus on TriCell now, and show that they're an even bigger threat than Umbrella...

naomih808

Chris, Jill, and Leon shouldn't need to give up the limelight just because others haven't been seen in a while...They're the MAIN characters of the series...
I'm actually not a fan of bringing back certain characters...In fact, the only one that I think even has a CHANCE of being brought back CORRECTLY is Rebecca...She's still semi-young...A little younger than Leon at least, and has all the bio-medical genius...She is the only one who would fit well if an older character were to come back...I mean...All the others have pretty much had closure...Think about it...

Billy-Said his goodbyes with Rebecca and was left for "Dead" to start a new life...Forgetting that nightmare they just survived...
Barry-Was pretty aged even at the START of RE...Plus, RE3 end with a flight into the sunset...The classic ending...He's served his time...
Claire-Degeneration pretty much gave her closure...Leon even stated that she's now a protector, not a fighter like Chris and himself...Claire is doing fine at what she's doing, and without her brother going missing, there isn't much more we need from her...
Carlos-Was a great characters just like the others, however, he did work for Umbrella...Umbrella fell...All he really knew how to do was handle a gun and make jokes, so he's either gonna be Merc for someone else, or a stand-up comedian...That's fine...
Sheva-Most fans agree that she should never have even existed, so why bring back a character almost all fans hate...

I even think that Chris should retire soon...He's also gettin kind of old, and has been in several of the games...More than any other character...But I want him to have a heroic death, not just be retired...I think they should focus on TriCell now, and show that they're an even bigger threat than Umbrella...

Lol... But Claire is so awesome lol... It would be nice to see her back, and not just in a movie. I would love it if she was in the next game... not as some character in a mini game but the actual story etc... :p

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.

But that's my opinion.

I agree with this I am getting pretty sick of the same two characters for six years and if they cant bring new characters bring the old ones back.
Do you know how much I would pay to see Claire in the main story line again. I say it is very cool how in RE6 there not only an old character but a new one as well.

I dont see the series dying any time soon nor do I want it to, I have never played a RE game that I havnt liked (Exept gaiden...I hated that game) And I thought it was dying untill I heard it was a late april fools day gift with Jill and Chris being married and FYI zombies on the moon sounds spectacualer

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
If Crap/cash-com screws this up !!!! all i have to say about them is to me they are just....

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Lol... But Claire is so awesome lol... It would be nice to see her back, and not just in a movie. I would love it if she was in the next game... not as some character in a mini game but the actual story etc... :p
Claire is awesome I agree...But there is no point in bringing her back...She's done fighting bio-terrorism...And the movie was a cannon installment, so it's just as good as a game...It gave Claire a good farewell...If there's a legitimate reason for her to come back then I'm all for it, but if it's just cause fans wanna see her again then, no way....She's done...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Claire is awesome I agree...But there is no point in bringing her back...She's done fighting bio-terrorism...And the movie was a cannon installment, so it's just as good as a game...It gave Claire a good farewell...If there's a legitimate reason for her to come back then I'm all for it, but if it's just cause fans wanna see her again then, no way....She's done...
Well I dont see why they would kill her when she will keep coming back in spin offs

Jay

K.I.N.G.

We won't be hearing about them again. Tricell gets exposed at the end of RE5. Tricell was one of the leading organization that made BOWs. Chris and Sheva had enough proof that Wesker was exchanging deals with them. Wesker brought them Las Plagas samples, and in exchange they founded what he needed. With Wesker's death and there real practices out they're finished.

P.S Chris is 39. He's got plenty fight left lol

Top Bottom