• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Is This Real?

HeavyMetal84

Seriously, is this really RE6 or is this a ****ing joke by Capcom? I just can't believe this is the actual game. I've never been so disappointed with anything in my entire life. This game is a ****ing mess. A boring, tedious, sloppy, retarded mess. I'm a longtime RE fan and RE2 & RE4 are 2 of my favorite games ever made. RE5 was disappointing for me as well but it's still WAAAAAAY better than this piece of ****. Totally unacceptable Capcom. My favorite videogame franchise is now officially dead.

Seba5

If you expected a Resident Evil type game then I don't disagree, but as a game by itself I think it's pretty fun. I've completed chapter 1 of all 3 stories. Chris' story in chapter 1 is about rescuing hostages and is a army game; it's basically RE5. Jake's game is similar to Chris because it's over the top action; a lot of his story running from things and QTE. The Tyrant chasing them is pretty cool though. I liked that they mentioned Sherry's backstory a bit because I've always wondered what happened to her after RE2. Leon's story feels more RE; the city gives a Raccoon City vibe. The atmosphere was great with cheap scares like the original RE games. Fighting naked skeleton zombies got old after a while though (they are even used as quick kills for bullets in a boss fight).

The story still feels RE because it's all about global terrorism, evil companies, and viruses. The game play is just not survival horror anymore; it's a 3rd person shooter with monsters. While Resident Evil was never fully realistic in things, a lot of these over the top explosions and crashes would kill or seriously injure someone in real life. It's amazing how these characters survive so much (yes I understand it's a video game).

I haven't completed the whole game, but it's a really fun game; it's just not what people want.

zeroskaterz92

Seriously, is this really RE6 or is this a ******* joke by Capcom? I just can't believe this is the actual game. I've never been so disappointed with anything in my entire life. This game is a ******* mess. A boring, tedious, sloppy, retarded mess. I'm a longtime RE fan and RE2 & RE4 are 2 of my favorite games ever made. RE5 was disappointing for me as well but it's still WAAAAAAY better than this piece of ****. Totally unacceptable Capcom. My favorite videogame franchise is now officially dead.
hey hater, expect to be troll by the community. cheers~

RE6 is cool. an overall improvement from RE4 & 5. it might not be as scary as the previous (i doubt it cuz RE isn't really a very scary type of game), but the controls are much better and fluid than the one of the most anticipated game that inspired from RE4 gameplay mechanism which is Dead Space.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
This my new all time Favorite RE game now with the previous being RE3, hell... its my all time favorite game in general.
4 words: Best game ever made

Funnily enough, this is true for me aswell. Leons campaign in this game is better than any other RE to me, my old favourite being RE2. And i'm an old school fan, Leons campaign was, simply put, amazing!

HeavyMetal84

I actually finished Leons campaign. I told myself no matter how much I hate this game i'm still gonna beat it just because it's Resident Evil, and i've beaten all the main RE games and most of the side games. Well, I started Chris' campain and let's just say I DEFINITELY won't be beating this game now. Leon's campaign was bad, but WOW, this is just HORRIBLE! I couldn't even play it for more than 30 minutes, it's just so bad. It boggles my mind that Capcom actually released this crap. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!

There is 1 positive that should come from this game though. Now Capcom HAS to start completely fresh and make RE a horror franchise again. They know they ****ed up and they can't continue in this direction for the series.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Just finished the game myself and I must say that I enjoyed Leon's.

His by far is the only worthwhile campaign in this game in my opinion.

His campaign alone saved this game from being crap in my eyes.

But it wasn't enough to completely excuse the game and its flaws such as over the top action movie antics that makes it feel like a knockoff of Gears of War (mostly Chris's part of the game) and abundance of QTEs being used around every freaken corner.

Also wasn't a fan of the new Camera system. The one used in RE4 and RE5 was MUCH better in my honest opinion and if you asked me it could have worked better with this game than the new one.

Overall, I'd give the "fair" 7 out of 10 due to my enjoyment of Leon's campaign.

HeavyMetal84

you must not like resident evil

I've been a hardcore RE fan since RE2. I actually got RE2 the day it came out without ever playing RE1, and it instantly became my favorite game ever. Then RE4 became my new fav. If I wasn't a RE fan I wouldn't care if this game sucked. I'm ****ed because i'm a passionate RE fan and for RE6 to suck this bad just ****es me off.

zeroskaterz92

I've been a hardcore RE fan since RE2. I actually got RE2 the day it came out without ever playing RE1.
LOL much?
i played all the RE games from the first until RE6, that includes Revelations, Zero, REmake, Code Veronica X, Gaiden, Chronicles series, Dead Aim, Outbreak series, etc. (let just say i played all of them)
i don't even consider myself as a "hardcore" RE fan, i'm just a normal fan that likes RE.

leathaface99

leons was awesome and so was chris !!!! you must not like resident evil.... or your evil and smell

I thought all of the campaign were awesome a little to much action but it is a great game over all.. I am having lots of fun playin it. This coming from old school RE fan.. Although I am a little dissapointed that thy didnt even mention Jill..

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I've only playe dLeons so far (although i was saving him for last)
Was Mad Fun at some points scary,
Other than that i was on mercenaries
While i suck at campaign nothing can touch me in mercenaries
Hell i even like chris's campaign, (And ia really don't like action)

DeweySshi

I think this game has everything to make me happy as it consists of both action and adventure. RE6 is definitely on the lists of games which I had classified as most entertaining and fun games I ever played. I really love Leon's campaign...he is awesome!. Chris's campaign was more than nice, totally had fun and yes...I got trouble to like Helena...but we are cool now :). RE6 It is different for sure but not bad.
Now coming to the other RE, I never been disappointed in them and I always had fun playing. RE5 has never been a disappointment as the change never really bothered me. I really pity those who always tend to bring RE down by saying 'its not the same anymore'... seriously, haters should learn to accept changes and be more open minded to new concepts and ideas. I was among those who begged Capcom to release RE6 sooner and I am not regretting anything because I am having fun.

Top Bottom