• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Umbrella Corps Is all the hate really needed?

Director Bison

King of Games
i'v got to be honest i'm getting kind of hype for Umbrella Corps

looks like the COD Zombies game that i'v been wanting for years
i mean it sucks hard for those who want horror resident evil to come back

but if there going to keep making resident evil more and more action orientated
it looks like there finally going to nail the controls/mechanics down

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, but it doesn't speak about the quality and direction of these games. That's what matters here. What good is listening if they're not going to pull through? They can't just give us a remake of Resident Evil 2 that is only similar in story and characters and expect us to be happy with it because hey, they listened. That's not listening. That's not what we're asking for. As it stands, we have 0% clue what they're doing with Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 7 and Revelations 2 and a couple of remasters don't say a damn thing about them. Talk is cheap, until we see these games then we can determine whether or not Capcom is listening to their fans.
I don't think you're giving them enough credit. All I said was that they are listening to the fans, and the fact that Revelations 2 was more horror oriented, and the fact that they are even DOING a REmake of 2 is proof. REmake 2 is the single most requested game in RE history (arguably), and considering they slew of remakes they've done in the past, it's a pretty safe bet that it will be done a ok. Capcom isn't dumb enough to tell fans, "hey guys, we're gonna remake RE2, but make it totally action with the same story." They're a company that has recently lost quite a bit of clout with their followers. Their sales figures is pretty much proof of that. The last thing they're going to do is f*ck up what could potentially be their biggest money making game in quite a while, if at least not one of their most critically acclaimed ones, simply to CONTINUE to try and shove their new direction down our throats. That's what Umbrella Corps is for. To keep their action oriented style going. Now, that's all an educated guess based on common sense, but the FACT is they are LISTENING to the fans. Doesn't NECESSARILY mean it will be e

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't think you're giving them enough credit. All I said was that they are listening to the fans, and the fact that Revelations 2 was more horror oriented, and the fact that they are even DOING a REmake of 2 is proof. REmake 2 is the single most requested game in RE history (arguably), and considering they slew of remakes they've done in the past, it's a pretty safe bet that it will be done a ok. Capcom isn't dumb enough to tell fans, "hey guys, we're gonna remake RE2, but make it totally action with the same story." They're a company that has recently lost quite a bit of clout with their followers. Their sales figures is pretty much proof of that. The last thing they're going to do is f*ck up what could potentially be their biggest money making game in quite a while, if at least not one of their most critically acclaimed ones, simply to CONTINUE to try and shove their new direction down our throats. That's what Umbrella Corps is for. To keep their action oriented style going. Now, that's all an educated guess based on common sense, but the FACT is they are LISTENING to the fans. Doesn't NECESSARILY mean it will be e

Because they haven't earned any credit yet. Revelations 2 left plenty of fans unhappy because it either proves Capcom doesn't know how to make a survivor horror game anymore or they're still playing it safe. An A for effort isn't a passing grade. Like I said before, talk is cheap. Until they show us they're actually listening, then they can get that credit. But promises aren't enough. We can make all the guesses we want but none of us know what Capcom is actually doing. Common sense isn't evidence here. Not everyone has it and that includes Capcom.

Edge Stylez

Advanced 3d Artist
Why capcom never heard the fans ideas? when i heard about this game, the first thing in my mind, was another history based on RE3 but now playing as an umbrella soldier, like carlos.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Why capcom never heard the fans ideas? when i heard about this game, the first thing in my mind, was another history based on RE3 but now playing as an umbrella soldier, like carlos.

I still don't know why Capcom hasn't done another Mercenaries type game for the consoles that features enemies, characters, and locations from the entire series with raid mode, mercenaries, and a bunch of other online modes. I personally don't really care much for playing as made up faceless Umbrella HUNK ripoffs.

Edge Stylez

Advanced 3d Artist
Dude! keep the mercenaries off, the gameplay in all sense sucks, no matter what, resident evil is not survival game anymore, i mean, the worst factor was RE4 with the change of everything, i am dissapointed really.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's one thing to say you don't like modern Resident Evil because it isn't scary anymore but to say the gameplay sucks is wrong. Not an opinion, just completely wrong. It may not be what it used to be but it's undeniable that they're still quality products. Resident Evil 6 aside.

Edge Stylez

Advanced 3d Artist
I am sorry, but resident evil is always the classic camera, difficulty, quality, story, about quality RE6 is awesome but is not a real resident evil game, we have different opinions and else, but i am an older gamer and i can repeat all my life this phrase, next-gen games cant be compared with classic games.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I am sorry, but resident evil is always the classic camera, difficulty, quality, story, about quality RE6 is awesome but is not a real resident evil game, we have different opinions and else, but i am an older gamer and i can repeat all my life this phrase, next-gen games cant be compared with classic games.
To be fair, this isn't a Resident Evil game. It doesn't even have Resident Evil in the title. I'm with you, don't get me wrong. Classic RE will always reign supreme, but this is just a spin off in the same non-cannon universe.

Airaku

Stray Jedi

It's a real Resident Evil game :p 6 was all about the protagonists and the interactions of the characters. To be honest. It actually did succeed very well in that aspect.

The two things that actually sucked the most about RE6 is the following. Resident Evil has been known very well for this in RE4 and RE5.

1) The Physics sucked ass
2) The A.I. were one dumb motherfuckers

Seriously, those two things really broke the game the most. Even more so than the vehicles. As far as Umbrella Corps. I'll hold my judgement until we see what this "Story" is. I have a theory but even still. Resident Evil is more about the story these days anyways. In a way it always was.

Turo602

The King of Kings

I agree to an extent. Resident Evil to me is survival horror and that died with Resident Evil 4. Not because of the gameplay or the camera or story, though the story was very pointless honestly. But because of execution. Does that make it a bad game? No. It's not a very good Resident Evil game, as I said, Resident Evil is supposed to be survival horror but it's still a very prestigious game. As for Resident Evil 6, I enjoyed it very much but it still has many flaws that diminish the quality of the game as a whole. Being an "older gamer" doesn't grant you much here. I'm only 20 years old and I've played games from all generations. Anyway, this isn't a matter of classic vs new. Even new games become classic given enough time. Older games are no better than modern games. Being revolutionary for their time or new and fresh doesn't mean they haven't been done better.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I think the sad thing is that revelations 2 was great and could have really kept hype and done well with dlc and continued support.
But the fact is umbrella corps is more likely to get continued support after release...

Edge Stylez

Advanced 3d Artist
Iam not a really active member here but i can see a lot of opinions around, why not RE7 or any other game coming around with a real survival game? when i played revelations 2 i said, damn nice! Barry still active around, nut in my mind i said, why enemies like the ganados? i miss the real zombies with difficult camera shooting perspective, i know the modern gamers like great graphics and that, but what about real challenge games like RE3 and CODE VERONICA, ok i am a geek but, imo, Wesker was a key character in all games, why is he dead?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Iam not a really active member here but i can see a lot of opinions around, why not RE7 or any other game coming around with a real survival game? when i played revelations 2 i said, damn nice! Barry still active around, nut in my mind i said, why enemies like the ganados? i miss the real zombies with difficult camera shooting perspective, i know the modern gamers like great graphics and that, but what about real challenge games like RE3 and CODE VERONICA, ok i am a geek but, imo, Wesker was a key character in all games, why is he dead?

Well we still have Wesker, Alex Wesker. RE5 really pushed down this route and Capcom. I hate the fact Albert died but to be fair. The new blood at Capcom didn't know how to deal with Wesker after Mikami left. Early in RE5's development, one of the lead writers who was also part of both Wesker and Ada's development died. No wonder Ada's story is such a mess now.

Imho Alex Wesker is the best villain in the series. Someone who is actually scary and disturbing. We needed that. Albert is a favorite for his powers but his personality grew stale in RE5, but on the contrary. He was cooler and more bad ass than ever. I simply hope that from here on out, we see more consistency with the series. That should be the number one priority for Capcom. They have the perfect opportunity to start that here and now while they have an opening to do so.

IntoxNitram

Late to this but just wanted to give my two cents. As far as I'm concerned, I am fine for Capcom to take a more action oriented, multiplayer approach to Resident Evil - providing it stays in spin-offs like this. I think this proves that Capcom have learnt a fair bit, and it gives me hope for Resident Evil 7. They are remastering a lot of good old survival horror games (REmake, Zero, and remaking 2) and sort of bringing out the action version of Resident Evil into a spin-off (Umbrella Corps). I am totally fine with that. I like both types of game, but prefer survival horror for the mainline series. I am totally on board with Umbrella Corps and I am actually going to buy it and keeping an open mind that I will like it, as long as the action stays more separated from the main series than we have seen since 4 then I will be very happy.

Top Bottom