• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Introduction

Bran

Independent Film Director
Hello community,

I am rather late doing this (I became a member back in September), but thought I would finally come and introduce myself. I have been a Resident Evil fan since Resident Evil 2. Received my PSX only a few months before, so I didn't know RE1 even existed until the commercials hit showing off the gameplay (saw the Alligator scene where Leon almost gets eaten and I remember thinking that it must be actually gameplay; thought there was no way I had the reflexes to dodge that attack.)

Anyway, one of the reasons why I joined was for continuing my research and passion of bringing a proper Resident Evil adaptation to fruition. (I started a thread currently in the Resident Evil Movies section). I have been studying films and the art of the craft since 2000. Ever since an incident with the police as a teenager and my parents confining me to the house, I had marathons of watching movies. Watched the 1990 Night of the Living Dead and the original Dawn of the Dead on premium channels, then one night after watching The Evil Dead I realized I wanted to be a film director. Since then I attempted a few projects, but being an independent not wanting to deal with Hollywood much, I found that most people like to talk about it, but not be committed to actually doing the work.

Being disappointed with the current line of Resident Evil films, I have made it my goal that within my lifetime I will be the project through to completion. Even if it only exists as a Master Book (screenplay, concept art, and story board), I have made it a personal mission ever since Paul Anderson did an interview claiming that if fans wanted to write a script they couldn't because they would argue over everything. I often joke with friends that I am completing in the "Paul Anderson Challenge".

I haven't played many Resident Evil games in years due to lack of interest, though the original three still get replays, as well as the Remake. I am still a huge fan at heart.

Other than that, I have a large interest in the Tabletop RPG hobby (specifically Call of Cthulhu) and have been a play tester for some of its products. Years ago, I was involved with adapting Resident Evil to the D20 Modern RPG, and I still see some of my work being used by others to this day. Because of my research into various subjects, not only roleplaying games, but also the history of the first Resident Evil movie, and other interests, I find that I am quoted from time to time by the internet community years after the fact under my various handles. It is still an odd sensation I get when reading such posts.

Other than that, I am a happily married man living in a hard-earned Victorian house, and I served 12 years in the military.

Looking forward to having conversations with all of you.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Welcome to the community Bran. Good luck with your project. and hope someday people get to see your amazing work. :)

Top Bottom