• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Installing resident evil 2 difficulty

rrdjackit

Hi! I am a new re2 gamer. I tried to install the game but it says insert leonp cd or clarep cd alternately. Do I have to burn both files to disk and install? Or can I extract the file from the cds each? I read in one forum that you should extract the files in one folder named "Resident Evil 2". I did that but when I extracted the cd1 files and extract cd2 files in the same folder, the extractor winrar was noting if I should overwrite the cd1 files with the cd2 files. I put yes, and it was overwritten. When I tried to install and play the game including compatibility requirements, the screen showed to insert leonp cd if I played leon or insert clarep cd if I played clare. I tried to install the files drectly to hdd without buring the cd1 and cd2 files to a cd-r dsk. Any suggestions on how to proceed. I appreciate any extra help that anyone can give me. Thanks. Bye!!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
a randy old man? why are you using steves gamertag?
i take it you have the iso's on your computer, so download a psx emulator and play them its the simplest way to play illegally.

Zombie Enclave

rrdjackit;53140 said:
Hi! I am a new re2 gamer. I tried to install the game but it says insert leonp cd or clarep cd alternately. Do I have to burn both files to disk and install? Or can I extract the file from the cds each? I read in one forum that you should extract the files in one folder named "Resident Evil 2". I did that but when I extracted the cd1 files and extract cd2 files in the same folder, the extractor winrar was noting if I should overwrite the cd1 files with the cd2 files. I put yes, and it was overwritten. When I tried to install and play the game including compatibility requirements, the screen showed to insert leonp cd if I played leon or insert clarep cd if I played clare. I tried to install the files drectly to hdd without buring the cd1 and cd2 files to a cd-r dsk. Any suggestions on how to proceed. I appreciate any extra help that anyone can give me. Thanks. Bye!!

Oh yes, I had a problem with the Fallout installation from buying it on Gametap. If you bought it and downloaded it without a CD, see if there is a Bin file. If you are using a ISO, I have never dealt with illegal downloads before, I buy everything I play. And if I did use Roms is because I use it as a backup for a console game.

Top Bottom