• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Infected by Gains - Forum Workout and Weightloss Updates!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Nice job all around and great progress, KK!

I’ve been struggling to get back into a routine of working out and eating right for a good few months now.
About 5 months back I had torn a muscle in my hip that caused very similar symptoms to that of sciatic pains (numbness and tingling down my leg coupled with intense and throbbing pain whenever I would stand for even a few minutes).
Thankfully I’ve healed up since but haven’t quite gotten back into to groove of working out and stretching more... not stretching enough has caused quite a few issues for me in the past few years... getting old sucks. :p

As for eating right, well it’s difficult when you’re in a new relationship and you’re both trying to keep it exciting by going out and trying new places. For the past few weeks though I’ve been doing good with cutting back on eating out so much. I want to do a bit more meal prepping and making more of an effort in doing some more home cooked meals for a romantic night in lol... oh and also cut back on soda :rolleyes:
Well it sounds like you're on the right track! Definitely keep it up! Proud of you!!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Alrighty guys. Motivate me. Me and my fiancee have spent the last month or so moving in together. She's been moving from out of state. 7 Hours away. That's meant lots of long drives, fast food, and when we're home, eating something quick/easy because we're exhausted from driving and moving. Needless to say, upon looking in the mirror I'm starting to notice the weight coming back. I'm not where I was in the previous first photo, but I'm gaining weight. I know when we are finally all set and unpacked I'll go back to cooking nightly and working out, but until then, what do you suggest? That could be another 2 weeks at least...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I don't have much in the way of motivation for you other than perhaps keep a photo of unhealthy you near places that might help put you off making bad decisions. Like the fridge or near the phone/computer in case you order more takeout. And if you do order in, is there anywhere that offers a healthier option? Like extra salad or something boiled instead of fried? That might help...plus drinking a pint of cold water with whatever you eat can make you not eat too much.

I'm currently screwed - I've been put on pain meds for my back and one of the side effects? Weight gain. I've been on them for 12 days and already put on 6lbs despite overhauling my diet and walking an average of 16,000 steps per day, including 200 minutes of intense exercise (as in, power walking) each week. Not really sure what to do...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I know I would not be so well prepared, but a nutritionist would say that you can pre-pack lunches or meals during long drive times. Even if you have a salad or sandwich ready, it will be better for you than the fast food. Additionally, coffee and tea can keep you motivated during long trips and both have natural weight loss effects to them. Car snacks are also a plus - trail mix, jerky, or something like that can really help you keep focused and give you a healthy option.

Also, when you eat quick, you can always order out healthy options like large mixed salads or wraps, etc.

Again, these are options and not necessarily what I would do. haha

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thanks for the help/support guys. Now that the new place is all nice and settled we've been cooking more. Home cooked tonight and Monday. I don't remember what we did Tuesday but I think Leftovers. The only unhealthy thing I can genuinely think of is Wednesday night we always do Breakfast Pizza for dinner and I don't plan on breaking that tradition. Plus, now with all the boxes out of the way we can get back on our workout schedules. Thanks!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Ok, so I've overhauled my diet and everything since my diabeetus diagnosis and tracking my food and exercise using an app. One week down and so far no change in weight, but I'm sticking with it. Hoping to see some improvement by the end of the month

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is a great start Angel. I love reading all of these updates.

Typically, July is one of my favorite months to work out in because the heat and sunlight actually aid you in weight loss and muscle growth through evolutionary processes (think about hybernating fat bears, versus summertime powerful Chad bears). However, this July has been SO humid and rainy in New York. I cant even get the outdoor chores done (lawn, garden, fixes, maintenance) let alone find time to work out without getting soaked from rain OR sweat. I have 2 acres of land (including some very fairytale woods in the back) and I cant even enjoy it. But hopefully August is less rainy and just hot. At least I can deal with heat.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Ugh, it's so hot over here I can barely move. I was just reading a book yesterday and I was sweating. I wish I was exaggerating...

I overhydrated yesterday and made myself ill, so today I've got to pace myself and try to include electrolyte drinks as well as water - kinda hoping all the fluid will aid the weightloss and general health.

Today's meals are all planned out, so I've got no issues there and I should be able to avoid snacking; got salmon with broccoli and spring onions for dinner and lunch will be salad with some protein, so I'm all set.

Just got to make the walk to work without melting...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
For Electrolytes, I typically drink Mio Sport (comes in Grape, Orange, Lemon Lime, or Berry) and it is a zero calorie, zero sugar alternative to Gatorade or other leading brands. You can also choose how much to put in to your water, so you can determine the flavor for yourself. It is not for everyone, but I like it. It also has added Vitamins for fun!

Ikawaru

Hah, cool thread, am definitely out of shape an extremely unmotivated and little prods like this certainly help the situation. Unless your profession is purely mental and brain based, I think everyone who does at least some physical activity which is probably most people could benefit a lot from a workout program big or small. I really miss those days where I could easily run 5.5 miles around town!

The best diet I know of is the Adderall XR diet, the pounds just shed right off, mostly because it kills your appetite.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
My brother started a walking club at work where a bunch of us go for walks on our lunch and 15 minute breaks. It is nice because it gives even the more out of shape people a chance to be a part of the exercise. It is also particularly nice for me since I do not get a chance to talk to our employees enough and I get to see how they are feeling/thinking about work and about non-work functions as well.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Between getting older, taking on a new desk job, and not having a consistent workout routine I’ve gained weight in these past few months.

So I joined a gym a little over a week ago and also signed up with their personal training program where I get to meet with a trainer once a week for 30 minutes - it was the cheaper option but also felt like a good idea help keep me on some type of track that would push me to reach my goals. After a solid week of working out and pushing myself harder than I normally would by myself, I already feel a difference that makes me want to keep going with this lifestyle change.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That initial lifestyle bump is so addictive. Every few months, I get really in to working out for a few weeks and that initial feeling of sore muscles and making the right decisions gives me such a rush of dopamine. I am in that mode right now and it feels great.

Top Bottom