• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Infected by Gains - Forum Workout and Weightloss Updates!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hey guys! I said a couple weeks ago I'd post a thread where we could all share workout and weight loss progress, give each other encouragement if we aren't feeling it, maybe give tips, and anything else in regards to getting healthier this Spring and Summer! If you wanna share progress photos, do it! If you wanna show the workout you're doing, do it! Let's make sure that we could survive a Racoon City level tragedy in the event that Covid-19 turns into Covid-20 and becomes a zombie apocalypse! Personally, for the last three weeks, I've been doing between 3-5 sets of the below workout, (while taking out the punches and kicks and replacing them with excercises that work the obliques) and in the last 2 days 3 people have asked me if I've lost weight! On top of the workout, I've cut soda entirely (Minus one a week), in favor of Water, Green Tea, and V8.
original.png

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
That's great, KK!

I'm currently struggling to find my footing to be honest. I've been trying to do some lower impact workouts that also help stretch my lower back - sciatic nerve issues - and I'm currently thinking about going to our local park and hitting the track once our weather clears a bit.

It's hard though. On days where my back is really giving me issues, I find it hard to give myself the motivation to forge on.

I'm trying my best to wean myself back off soda. (I had previously quit for a year or more but when my husband and I got together about four years ago and he moved in with me, I started back because they were always in the fridge.)

What keeps you going daily when you're just not feeling it, KK? Is there any struggle when/if your partner is partaking in something you're trying to wean yourself off of and how do you combat that?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That's great, KK!

I'm currently struggling to find my footing to be honest. I've been trying to do some lower impact workouts that also help stretch my lower back - sciatic nerve issues - and I'm currently thinking about going to our local park and hitting the track once our weather clears a bit.

It's hard though. On days where my back is really giving me issues, I find it hard to give myself the motivation to forge on.

I'm trying my best to wean myself back off soda. (I had previously quit for a year or more but when my husband and I got together about four years ago and he moved in with me, I started back because they were always in the fridge.)

What keeps you going daily when you're just not feeling it, KK? Is there any struggle when/if your partner is partaking in something you're trying to wean yourself off of and how do you combat that?
Low impact or not, at least you're starting! And definitely hitting up the park/track is a great idea.

As for days I'm just not feeling it, those are the days I KNOW I need to do it the most. If I've been having a rough day at work (I usually do my workout on my lunch break), or if it's rainy outside and It's my running day (The workout I do on the days I don't do the above), I basically just tell myself how great I'm gonna feel when the endorphins kick in. I remember watching some body building video years ago and he said something that I've never forgotten. I'm paraphrasing but it was "If you're waiting for motivation to workout to come you're gonna fail. Because working out is hard work, and most people don't wanna do hard work. You SHOULD want to feel unmotivated, because the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction you're gonna feel from doing it anyway will hit you that much harder, and you'll want to chase that feeling." That said, I also am motivated by (and this is vain reason, but f*ck it lol), because my fiancee is WAY outta my league looks wise. She's absolutely gorgeous when I'm a solid 6 at best XD. And I wanna make sure I'm at my best looking when her and I get married. But yeah...I love working out the most on days I'm not motivated to do it. Because I really do feel better afterwards.

As far as kicking soda, I used to be addicted to it. I mean, MINIMUM 3 bottles a day. And I kinda realized, I was just addicted to the oral fixation of drinking things. Because when I started really working out the last 3 or 4 weeks, I started drinking V8, water, and Tea, not really intentionally cutting out soda. I just realized after a week or so "Oh sh*t. I haven't had soda in like a week." Which made me think it's just the motion of drinking something. Which makes sense. I drink alcohol all the time, and always drink stuff straight. Never mix. So I guess it's never been the soda addiction that I thought it was. I didn't even wean myself. Not intentionally at least. And if it's the caffeine in soda you crave, black coffee is only 4 calories a cup, and Green Tea is just as much if not more caffeinated than soda, and naturally at that. I hope all that was helpful!

justliketheplant

This might be fun. I put on about thirty pounds since this time last year. Exercise and healthy eating has fallen to the wayside. This past week especially has been full of potato chips, Doritos, and Nutella.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@KennedyKiller Kicking soda was so easy when I did it years ago but I can attribute that to not living with a soda drinker at the time. I could just elect to not buy it and I wouldn't. Now that it's in the house all the time I'm like .

I'm going to go to the track today, no excuses. It's a bit windy out but at least it's not pouring like yesterday lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
@KennedyKiller Kicking soda was so easy when I did it years ago but I can attribute that to not living with a soda drinker at the time. I could just elect to not buy it and I wouldn't. Now that it's in the house all the time I'm like .

I'm going to go to the track today, no excuses. It's a bit windy out but at least it's not pouring like yesterday lol.
That's my girl!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I went and jog/walked 3/4 of a mile then came home and had a salad. I want to be proud of myself but I'm trying to hold back. I know how many times I've started off well and then went back to my old ways lol. (I also know how it used to be nothing for me to do a full mile no problem.)

Baby steps I guess.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I went and jog/walked 3/4 of a mile then came home and had a salad. I want to be proud of myself but I'm trying to hold back. I know how many times I've started off well and then went back to my old ways lol. (I also know how it used to be nothing for me to do a full mile no problem.)

Baby steps I guess.
Eh I feel that last part. This time last year I was doing two miles easy, but after a winter off I'm getting winded at one mile. So it'll take some getting back. Baby steps is right!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
My back is utterly mullered at the moment, and I've just gotten a job which involves lots of sitting at a desk...BUT I will be walking to and from work every day (about 5km all in) and subway is over the road, who do the best salads. I hate salad with a passion but I'll eat theirs.

Haven't dared weigh myself recently, but judging by how many clothes I've just thrown out today, I'm nowhere near target. As soon as pools open again, I can try and fit in some swim sessions as my workplace is right next door to the leisure centre.

My goal is to be at least two stone (28lbs) lighter by Christmas. If I can do more than that, it's a bonus. But that's the minimum I'm going for, given the limits of my back, sciatic nerves and desk job

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
given the limits of my back, sciatic nerves and desk job
:eek:Are you me? Am I you? (Without the kids.)

Update: Just finished my low impact workout and now I'm snacking on apple slices with a small side of peanut butter. Haven't had any soda in a few days and I'm feeling pretty good.

I'm also really enjoying this thread; I honestly feel held accountable and updating you guys on my progress really helps.

Last edited:

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I am so utterly broken it's unreal. Having my last child was the clincher because he was massive and I've never been ok since. The constant twinges are the worst because they can make my knees buckle at any moment.

Was cleaning out cupboards today and found loads of rice and red lentils, so I'm going to make one of my favourite comfort foods tomorrow and add some grilled chicken breast to go with it. Gotta get my head in the healthier eating game before I try anything else or I'll just hurt myself and snack on crap to feel better.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
My back is utterly mullered at the moment, and I've just gotten a job which involves lots of sitting at a desk...BUT I will be walking to and from work every day (about 5km all in) and subway is over the road, who do the best salads. I hate salad with a passion but I'll eat theirs.

Haven't dared weigh myself recently, but judging by how many clothes I've just thrown out today, I'm nowhere near target. As soon as pools open again, I can try and fit in some swim sessions as my workplace is right next door to the leisure centre.

My goal is to be at least two stone (28lbs) lighter by Christmas. If I can do more than that, it's a bonus. But that's the minimum I'm going for, given the limits of my back, sciatic nerves and desk job
That seems like a great goal! Just stick to it and you'll do a ok!

Update: Just finished my low impact workout and now I'm snacking on apple slices with a small side of peanut butter. Haven't had any soda in a few days and I'm feeling pretty good.

I'm also really enjoying this thread; I honestly feel held accountable and updating you guys on my progress really helps.
Way to go on keeping off of Soda! And that's a great snack to have too. You got this!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'll just hurt myself and snack on crap to feel better.
You said a mouthful. It's so easy for me to hurt my back, or my knees like was the case last time, and be like: "Screw this, I'm going to get chili cheese fries."

EDIT: So today has been rough. I've had a migraine since last night and took a couple sips of soda earlier to take the edge off the pain. (The caffeine really helps.)

I made a light breakfast at home, found a little bit where my head had eased enough to do my light impact workout but not for as long as I normally can. (My husband and I were supposed to go to the track this morning before he went to work but my persistent migraine changed those planned.)

Shooting for going to the track tomorrow morning and hoping this migraine will pass soon.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You said a mouthful. It's so easy for me to hurt my back, or my knees like was the case last time, and be like: "Screw this, I'm going to get chili cheese fries."

EDIT: So today has been rough. I've had a migraine since last night and took a couple sips of soda earlier to take the edge off the pain. (The caffeine really helps.)

I made a light breakfast at home, found a little bit where my head had eased enough to do my light impact workout but not for as long as I normally can. (My husband and I were supposed to go to the track this morning before he went to work but my persistent migraine changed those planned.)

Shooting for going to the track tomorrow morning and hoping this migraine will pass soon.
Days like those happen. So long as you know that it'll pass you're a ok to be easy with yourself.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yeah it finally passed and I'm good now.

The husband and I went to the park today and did a mile before he went to work. Planning on staying home and doing my other workout tomorrow.

Have a recipe I want to try. It's a healthier chicken enchilada casserole. Little nervous as I'm not the best cook but I'm definitely excited to try it.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Yesterday was a write-off thanks to an Easter party, but today is a new day and I'm starting again.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So I did my low impact workout today and then went to the store to grab some stuff for my healthy enchilada casserole recipe. Unfortunately I couldn't find everything on my list, sucks living in a small town sometimes, so my husband is going to go by a health food store near where he works and hopefully I'll be able to make it tomorrow. (He works in a bigger city around 30-40 minutes from here and maybe he'll have better luck than I did.)

Still wanted Mexican food though so I decided I would cheat today with some real enchiladas, beans and rice from the best little Mexican restaurant EVER and I had one soda.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am glad you followed through and made the thread for this. Not the best time for me to see this since I just sneaked a double cheeseburger from McDonalds when doing errands!

I DID stain my entire front porch and back porch this morning which was QUITE the workout. So, less food cheating tomorrow now that I know there is community support for being a good boy. haha

justliketheplant

I got out two times today to walk. One was just around the house, the other was about half a mile. I was going to do the half mile twice but my legs were like "yeah, right". I managed not to snack too much outside of meals. When my husband came home we shared some BBQ potato chips and greek yogurt, and that was it. I stretched for five minutes, and I hope to eventually get it up to a 20 minute yoga practice.

Top Bottom