• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 im starting to think capcom meant "10 years after the Fall of Umbrella"

TICOON42K

i been seeing this RE6 set in 2013 everywhere, in many gaming sites, that however contradicts the whole "10 years after racoon city incident"...... but im starting to think they meant 10 years after the fall of umbrella, which collapsed in 2003......

no where in the trailer do they mention "10 years after racoon" people say its verbally said in the trailer, however it is not.....

im starting to think capcom made a mistake and meant to say 10 years after the fall of umbrella

bruno

Chief Researcher
Maybe 10 years after the Raccoon City case was closed... I really hope this happens after RE5.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
It would be pretty embarrassing for a big name company like Capcom to make such as error.

I just can't see Capcom coming out and saying "oh, we made a mistake, its 10 years AFTER the fall of Umbrella".

Also the fall of umbrella was not even mentioned at all in the trailer. But the Racoon City incident is brought up numerous times.

Thats why I do not think it was a error.

TICOON42K

It would be pretty embarrassing for a big name company like Capcom to make such as error.

I just can't see Capcom coming out and saying "oh, we made a mistake, its 10 years AFTER the fall of Umbrella".

Also the fall of umbrella was not even mentioned at all in the trailer. But the Racoon City incident is brought up numerous times.

Thats why I do not think it was a error.

im sure there have been companies that have made "story" mistakes announcing stuff......

i just dont think this can before RE5... it wouldn't make sense..... RE6 is suppose to be a global outbreak... and then Chris goes to Africa.. and have no mention of the outbreak by any characters..

i think it will be Post-RE5 since that is the only logical thing..

plus they could of meant 10 years since after the Racoon Trials

ToCool74

Veteran Member
im sure there have been companies that have made "story" mistakes announcing stuff......

Name 1.

If you can I will consider the possibility of a error.

And I do agree that it would not make any sense for this game to take place before RE5. But maybe Capcom has a plan.

And in the trailer said "Racoon City Incident" which is a classic term used in the series to refer to the actual outbreak that happened in Racoon City. Nothing was ever said about a Racoon Trial (which I have never heard of).

bruno

Chief Researcher
Nothing was ever said about a Racoon Trial (which I have never heard of).
After the incident, Umbrella was brought up to the court and faced with numerous lawsuits.
Eventually, in 2003, after infiltrating the Caucasus facility and obtaining the main computer core of the company (U.M.F.-013), Albert Wesker provived the court with anonymous information.
Umbrella was considered guilty, took full responsability for the Raccoon City incident and lost all the lawsuits. The government ordered them to shut down and Umbrella entered bankrupcy.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
After the incident, Umbrella was brought up to the court and faced with numerous lawsuits.
Eventually, in 2003, after infiltrating the Caucasus facility and obtaining the main computer core of the company (U.M.F.-013), Albert Wesker provived the court with anonymous information.
Umbrella was considered guilty, took full responsability for the Raccoon City incident and lost all the lawsuits. The government ordered them to shut down and Umbrella entered bankrupcy.

Yea I know about all that.

But it never was called the "Racoon Trials" nor was it only about Racoon City.

They brought Umbrella up on numerous global charges and Racoon City just happened to be one of them.

Brodamuhammad

It says on the official Resident Evil website under Resident Evil 6 that it takes place 10 years after the Raccoon City Incident. It says nothing about 2013 though.

Top Bottom