• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City IGN: ORC has issues...

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
well it seems fine game for me...
the three USS members accompanying you are utterly moronic. They'll engage in combat, but fail to competently operate with any sort of intellect let alone strategy. They'll run in front of your guns in the middle of a firefight
i can handle it i have played counter strike online a lot lol
nah out of joke it would suck! as a RE fan i want that game since i saw the first trailer!

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I doubt that it's really accurate. The first thing that I can tell that it's not that accurate is that it's from IGN, who in my opinion are the second worst critic (Only being beaten by Edge) and one of the most IGNorant people on Earth. The second thing is that statement says that the AI is braindead. Where's the proof that the AI is braindead, if that video is supposed to show how idiotic the AI is then that's a total FAIL on the editor as it didn't show how stupid the AI was, in matter of fact the AI looks like they are acting smart and actually helping. The other statement saying that hit detection is poor is another FAIL. If the second video on there is supposed to show that there is poor hit detection then that's an EPIC FAIL seeing how there was no sign of poor hit detection, in matter of fact there were signs of non-poor hit detection in the video, not to mention that the statement about the objective being behind you is also a FAIL seeing how there was a video a few months back showing that the objective isn't behind you. There's also 2 other problems that shows that it's not that accurate. The first being the proof. The person who wrote that has no proof at all not to mention that the game is going be released in 1 month (For Japan) and 2 months meaning that there's time to fix those problems, and that's a complete FAIL to judge a game early especially if he has no proof.

To be honest this wasen't very accurate. If the person would've shown proof of these problems and didn't make very idiotic comments then this would've been accurate and that's the thing that angers me about IGN, their lack of proof about problems and that they IGNorant.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I never hoped much for this game. However, the trailers seem surprisingly good. I just don't like that they take different paths than you did in RE2/RE3.
I think I'm gonna buy it. If I don't like it, I exchange it for RE6 when it comes out.

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
I doubt that it's really accurate. The first thing that I can tell that it's not that accurate is that it's from IGN, who in my opinion are the second worst critic (Only being beaten by Edge) and one of the most IGNorant people on Earth. The second thing is that statement says that the AI is braindead. Where's the proof that the AI is braindead, if that video is supposed to show how idiotic the AI is then that's a total FAIL on the editor as it didn't show how stupid the AI was, in matter of fact the AI looks like they are acting smart and actually helping. The other statement saying that hit detection is poor is another FAIL. If the second video on there is supposed to show that there is poor hit detection then that's an EPIC FAIL seeing how there was no sign of poor hit detection, in matter of fact there were signs of non-poor hit detection in the video, not to mention that the statement about the objective being behind you is also a FAIL seeing how there was a video a few months back showing that the objective isn't behind you. There's also 2 other problems that shows that it's not that accurate. The first being the proof. The person who wrote that has no proof at all not to mention that the game is going be released in 1 month (For Japan) and 2 months meaning that there's time to fix those problems, and that's a complete FAIL to judge a game early especially if he has no proof.

To be honest this wasen't very accurate. If the person would've shown proof of these problems and didn't make very idiotic comments then this would've been accurate and that's the thing that angers me about IGN, their lack of proof about problems and that they IGNorant.

major has a big point, it wasn't very accurate, i personally think it is fine and you said it, it has some time if there is any fix the should do they will, one way or another im getting this game ^^ and the release is 3 days b4 my bday lol

sbr999

Just sharing these in case someone hasn't seen them.
It looks decent I think, but the AI is indeed a bit weird sometimes.
New gameplay video. 2012.01.30

Nemesis gameplay. 2012.01.31

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
The only real problem I have seen with the gameplay is a glitch where you hold a rifle or smg like you would a pistol. The AI doesn't concern me, I survived RE5. Besides the game is meant to be played with other players.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I never really had high hopes for this game so I could care less of what IGN says about "issues'.

Not really a "true resident evil game" in my eyes anyway.

Even if what IGN said is true I still plan to play this game online with friends.

Just being able to traverse through a updated version of Racoon City with friends is enough for me.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
First of all, has bad AI ever stopped any of us from enjoying an RE title?
Personally, I won't be playing alone, so this is a moot point.

Doesn't feel like RE? Didn't expect it to... At all.
The enemy AI is a little troubling, but considering that most of them won't be human...

The inventory space thing is also troubling, but that doesn't seem like it'll bother me since Outbreak didn't.

Besides, isn't IGN the site that started the "beta coming" rumor, and wasn't it proven wrong?
I'll take my chances. I saw the first 10 minutes, and I like what I saw.

Outbreak got similar reviews, and I'd honestly rather play it than 4 or 5,
which are probably IGN's models for "true" Resident Evil titles.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I just want to kill Leon.
Glamour, I prefer the classic RE games as well. I just lament the fact that I never got a chance to play the Outbreak games online. I really wish they would RErelease HD versions with online support, or just do File#3.
As for ORC, I am intrigued because outside of RE games I normally play shooters both first and third person, and ORC is a merging of the two.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm sorry but when is AI not weird? That seems like a pretty stupid argument in itself. The AI looks fine to me in the videos I've seen, no worse than RE5's AI - or worse, Outbreak's AI. *shudders at the thought*

The game looks fine.

sbr999

I'm sorry but when is AI not weird? That seems like a pretty stupid argument in itself. The AI looks fine to me in the videos I've seen, no worse than RE5's AI - or worse, Outbreak's AI. *shudders at the thought*

The game looks fine.

As 'weird' AI I meant slow response time like at 5:48 to 6:00 in the first trailer and 1:15 in the Nemesis trailer.
I remember seeing something similar in a 20minutes-long footage from gamespot too.
Aside from the AI, the only thing I wish they remove is that Umbrella logo, pointing to your destination point all the time. It kind of makes the game easier. But that's my opinion XD
Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but I hope they fix these stuffs before release.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
As 'weird' AI I meant slow response time like at 5:48 to 6:00 in the first trailer and 1:15 in the Nemesis trailer.
Oh I wasn't questioning your argument, or trying to start one or anything, I was talking about the IGN review. (I can honestly say that I didn't read past The Major's post. :oops:) I found the entire review to be pretty ridiculous; Major's right, they really don't write good reviews.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Glamour, I prefer the classic RE games as well. I just lament the fact that I never got a chance to play the Outbreak games online. I really wish they would RErelease HD versions with online support, or just do File#3.
As for ORC, I am intrigued because outside of RE games I normally play shooters both first and third person, and ORC is a merging of the two.
That is a FANTASTIC idea!

Top Bottom