• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) If you were Wesker...

bruno

Chief Researcher
If you were Wesker, would you thrust Ada to get you the G virus?
I've noticed Wesker and Ada never really thrusted each other. Why did he send Ada in his place, then? I think he'd manage better against the monsters by himself (super-Wesker) than Ada. Also, he'd be sure to get the virus... or didn't he know Birkin was dead (if he didn't know about Birkin, he'd be afraid to show up bacause he wanted Umbrella to think he was dead).
About STARS, there wouldn't be a problem, because he could just follow them and kill them with his own hands (istead of thrusting Nemesis to finish them--this is, assuming he knew about Nemmy).

Levan

Polkka. lol
I think both of them were working with each other, hence why Wesker had no choice but to trust Ada.

I really think the one he's afraid about was Nemesis seeing him. He could have a hidden camera somewhere like the one in the movies had(though not entirely sure, I guess it's possible since they did program Nemmy to hunt down S.T.A.R.S., right?) and if Wesker would be seen by this guy(especially since he's a S.T.A.R.S. member as well) then it would pretty much foil all of his plans, and Sergei would probably be aware enough to hide the Red Queen from him once he finds out.

rocklikebrucelee

Well until she met Leon, Ada was a great spy. She did what she needed to get the job done no matter what. Then she fell in love with Leon, and that ruined a lot of things...
And Nemesis would indeed kill off Wesker. Especially since he was the actual captain of S.T.A.R.S.
That, and Wesker knew he had to be thunk(if that's a word) dead so Umbrella wouldn't know sh*t.
And I'm sure Wesker would watch the news..
Zombies attack Raccoon City!
Wesker: Well, that means Umbrella's sending in their mercenaries...

I agree, Wesker was the leader, I think Nemesis would have attack him, but the real question is would Wesker be strong enough to fight him off? Probably, but still, you don't want a tyrant on your ass the whole time.

As for the original question, didn't Ada and Wesker really work as pahtnahs? At the time I think it'd be ok to trust her. Maybe.

And didn't Wesker send Ada to get Sherry? It was in the first report, i'll have to watch it again.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Nope, the sample of the G virus Ada found during RE2 was in Sherry's pendant, but Hunk got that sample in the end, so she had to retrieve a sample from a tissue of Birkin's body. Sherry only came into Wesker's hands after the end of RE2. In an RE3 epilogue, it seems that Leon is talking to someone in the government and they want Sherry. Maybe it was Krauser, he took care of her for some time and stayed friends with Leon. Then, when wesker met Krauser, he'd have access to Sherry.

^Oh I know Ada never aquired Sherry, I just thought I remembered him saying something about getting Sherry.

...I watched the video a minute ago, here's what I remember hearing. "We had to capture Sherry before they did, I sent Ada undercover to seek the location of Sherry. I, the dead man had to work in the shadows."

This is why I plan on backtracking the series, to makesure I remember everything correctly and try to make sense of the present story, but unfortunately I don't think making sense of this series is possible. Lol

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think he only wants the pendant, which contains the virus. Somehow, Wesker knew about that sample. He wanted to get it before the Umbrella Special Force (or something like that.... i mean, Hunk's team).
I think the reason he kept sherry is because she had been infected with the G virus, so she might still have some virus in her body, or antibodies against it (like Jill with the T virus) and he wanted to use her for scientifical pourposes. Maybe that was the "something strange about that little girl" Wesker says in the end of the report...
Just as a warning, don't rely very much on that report, for it is a little old and many things in it are non cannon. ( maybe when they released Code Veronica, they were planning to use Sherry in RE4).:rolleyes:

The report held such vital information. Now with the last couple of games, mainly UC and 5 there's no telling what's the real deal. There's so many disagreements and debates all because the story isn't explained right. I still take the report into consideration.

Birkin might have told him about the pendant sample. How else would he know?

bruno

Chief Researcher
The last time they met was during RE0 (after RE1, wesker is "dead"). Was Birkin working in the G virus already? if not, he couldn't have told him.
The narrative of the report was after the events in Raccoon City, so Wesker might not know before that the sample was in the pendant. and so, he said that because, by the time he did the report, he already knew.

rocklikebrucelee

Wesker already knew about the G virus I think. Yeah. HE DID! Remember that cutscene from RE0? Wesker and Birkin were together. Birkin mentioned the G virus, and Wesker told Birkin he was leaving umbrella. they knew about thier plans. that's when birkin gave wesker the "super human" virus thingy.

Top Bottom