• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If the police had a RE type last stand in RL, would it have ended the same way?

Zacmac90

Lets say a t-virus outbreak happened in Albany, NY in 2019 for example. 98% of the population is infected and the police dept is called in, swat teams and all. Would what happened to the RPD happen to a police force in real life?

Wesker90

We have better weaponry so a last stand would allow them to hold out for possible reinforcements but casualties are clearly obvious.

You also forgot to mention WE have an understanding on what the RE verse because it's a video game franchise lol so we will know how everything operates to our advantage.

Zacmac90

We have better weaponry so a last stand would allow them to hold out for possible reinforcements but casualties are clearly obvious.

You also forgot to mention WE have an understanding on what the RE verse because it's a video game franchise lol so we will know how everything operates to our advantage.

Yes lol

Good point, not to mention riot shields, snipers on roofs, attack dogs etc. Lot of ppl think itd be one sided like the movies\tv portray just reversed. Itd prob be done in prob 48 hrs or less with a good number of PD casualties

D

Deleted member 21244

Image million of zombie that are flowing the streets of New York, and that even a scratch from them can infect you, I seriously doubt that the police, swat or the army combined would get out of there alive

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Hopefully some of those policemen and SWAT team members will have played Resident Evil. Then we're safe.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I happen to have graduated from SUNY Albany and lived in Albany, NY for 4 years.
The city is very well organized with police presence in most parts of the city.

In the scarier parts of the Downtown, I can imagine the city getting overwhelmed. But I do not predict we'd be overrun like the RPD was. I'd imagine that the weaponry we have at this point and the ability to communicate locally and globally would prevent the disaster from getting too out of hand.

Of course, the real fear in these scenarios are the riots. Watch the first season of Fear The Walking Dead and you'll see that the fear of being harmed is almost more deadly than the zombies themselves.

As a Resident Evil fan who lived on the Albany campus for years, I was always coming up with ways to fend off zombie outbreaks and that campus is really uniquely built. The original campus was designed to be set in Arizona and has many passages and features that allow wind to be trapped. But it got built in Albany, NY - so the winters become BRUTAL in the quads/dorms. The ice cold wind WHIPS you in the face on a blustery January day. Luckily, beneath all of the dorms and classrooms, a series of tunnels connect everything. Some of them are currently blocked off in the dorms due to a high level of sexual harassment during the late nights when the security is lower - but they exist. And you could easily traverse the entire campus in 15 minutes by using these tunnels. The tunnels have multiple floors as well. At the deepest center of campus, you can go 4-5 floors down underground and find hidden offices and the College Radio Broadcasting Center.

It would be a FUN place to be in any sort of scary situation.

Zacmac90

I happen to have graduated from SUNY Albany and lived in Albany, NY for 4 years.
The city is very well organized with police presence in most parts of the city.

In the scarier parts of the Downtown, I can imagine the city getting overwhelmed. But I do not predict we'd be overrun like the RPD was. I'd imagine that the weaponry we have at this point and the ability to communicate locally and globally would prevent the disaster from getting too out of hand.

Of course, the real fear in these scenarios are the riots. Watch the first season of Fear The Walking Dead and you'll see that the fear of being harmed is almost more deadly than the zombies themselves.

As a Resident Evil fan who lived on the Albany campus for years, I was always coming up with ways to fend off zombie outbreaks and that campus is really uniquely built. The original campus was designed to be set in Arizona and has many passages and features that allow wind to be trapped. But it got built in Albany, NY - so the winters become BRUTAL in the quads/dorms. The ice cold wind WHIPS you in the face on a blustery January day. Luckily, beneath all of the dorms and classrooms, a series of tunnels connect everything. Some of them are currently blocked off in the dorms due to a high level of sexual harassment during the late nights when the security is lower - but they exist. And you could easily traverse the entire campus in 15 minutes by using these tunnels. The tunnels have multiple floors as well. At the deepest center of campus, you can go 4-5 floors down underground and find hidden offices and the College Radio Broadcasting Center.

It would be a FUN place to be in any sort of scary situation.

Been thru Albany a few times as a native NYer your right bout that..downtown can be utterly crazy at its worst. And even if you had departments from other cities in NY (Rochester, Syracuse, Utica, Buffalo, hell NYC itself) seeing hundreds of thousands of zombies of all sizes, races, ages etc shambling towards you prob shake even the most seasoned cop to his or her core

Top Bottom