• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 I Never Knew This About RE4, and You Probably Didn't Either!

Meg

So bin ich eben
That's really interesting. Extra Credits made a video about game difficulty a while ago. They talked about how gamers are more likely to give up that adjust the difficulty setting. I think it would be cool if more games had this kind of difficulty setting in place. Even if it was optional. Like, a game could have the standard selections and then have this sliding difficulty as an option. That would actually be really cool since I don't always know what setting to pick.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That's really interesting. Extra Credits made a video about game difficulty a while ago. They talked about how gamers are more likely to give up that adjust the difficulty setting. I think it would be cool if more games had this kind of difficulty setting in place. Even if it was optional. Like, a game could have the standard selections and then have this sliding difficulty as an option. That would actually be really cool since I don't always know what setting to pick.
I think it's fantastic that Capcom didn't TELL anyone. I mean, RE4 is DEFINITELY challenging the first two or so time you play. And this makes perfect sense as to why! It must have taken some sharp eyes to notice the snipers were gone. I never noticed...

Reactions: Meg

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I think it's fantastic that Capcom didn't TELL anyone. I mean, RE4 is DEFINITELY challenging the first two or so time you play. And this makes perfect sense as to why! It must have taken some sharp eyes to notice the snipers were gone. I never noticed...

I said this in another thread, but I noticed the sniper dudes in the Water Hall were gone after I practiced my aim on Ashley. xD

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I assume this applies to newer resi games as well?
I don't know, I think it's unique strictly to RE4 and 5.
While I don't know, I would say it doesn't apply to 5 OR 6 because you have the co-op partner to save you, and you're not just going solo...

It kind of applies in 5. For example, if you die in a quick-time event section (like when running from Excella) the buttons you have to mash turn into just a single button push, if that makes sense.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It kind of applies in 5. For example, if you die in a quick-time event section (like when running from Excella) the buttons you have to mash turn into just a single button push, if that makes sense.

No it doesn't,
The button sequences on the re5 quick time events are always set out.

On easy you usually press just one or two different buttons.
On professional they throw in almost all of the buttons and mixes I think.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
No it doesn't,
The button sequences on the re5 quick time events are always set out.

On easy you usually press just one or two different buttons.
On professional they throw in almost all of the buttons and mixes I think.

They're set up, but are made easier if you die. It's the same buttons, but you don't have to hit them as much.

Top Bottom