• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village I Just Bought Resident Evil 8 Village And This Is My Take On It Thus Far

Frag Maniac

I have to say, honestly, I didn't like it at first. I made the mistake of judging it before playing all the way through. The things that bothered me at first were the puzzle heavy nature of the Castle, the fact that some keys need to be upgraded to progress (4 Winged Key to 4 Winged Unborn Key), the cramped fighting areas for some of the bosses, the fact that one of the 4 main bosses is more of a child's game than fight with zero combat involved, and perhaps mostly, the very annoying subtle hitching while aiming.

After playing through once though, I found the puzzle solutions easy to remember, even though some of the clues made no sense to me and gave me fits the first run. The collection of needed key parts also seems less tedious now, and I've found ways to deal with the few cramped boss fights. I'm still not sure a completely battle void main boss is a good idea, even Lucas' puzzle fight in RE7 involved some enemies to kill here and there. I also am still annoyed by the subtle aim hitching, and especially the tendency for the sniper rifle to have some lag between trigger pull and actual shot, which at times causes me to miss badly.

I have to think part of reason for the subtle aim hitching is I am aiming with a mouse, as proper mouse support is something CAPCOM has never taken seriously. That said, it's still a good game, just not sure I'd recommend it to someone playing on KB/M, especially if their shooting skills lack a bit.

Top Bottom